swamp

jamesmark

I just got raided and need to build a new base. I'm thinking about building one that's kind of hidden in the swamp against a cliff. I know the swamp is pretty dangerous but that's why I want to live here. I think it would be a real pain in the butt to raid with kapros, sarcos barys etc. coming after the raiders. My only problem is dino storage. Any idea how i could store my dinos without them getting killed my the dinos in the swamp? Also, what are your thoughts on this base in the swamp, stupid or smart?

Usually keeping tames off the ground, above my living quarters and enclosed kept them alive, sometimes...

Titan boa's are a pain with their climbing abilities and as you mentioned the sarco/kapros, their surprise attacks are nightmares.

I believe its a smart idea in a sense, if you are willing to invest the time/resource's and hide it well; Even then someone could chance upon it.

Most tribes or survivors looking to wipe or raid, will take care of the swamp threats with light work though, I'm sure if scouted out properly.

Also in my solo PvP experience, less is better sometimes, meaning only having a small amount of tames or building(s) increases survival.

Hope some of this helps and happy hunting!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not really an experienced PVP player but my guess is... nope. It's not worth the effort since it's still relatively exposed to all kinds of threats.

Of course, Redwoods and the swamp in general are dangerous, but raiders won't come unprepared, usually by air... 

Try to build something very small and hide yourself in the areas of the map richer in trees and rocks which make being spotted while on a flying mount more difficult. Even better if your base has similar colours to the surroundings. Keep only what essential with you, a couple of useful tames, avoid putting on fire... and remember that loss is sadly a part of PVP logic. Be prepared to be wiped out at any moment, sadly unraidable bases are just a myth. 

Archived