When is release

ogtron

• ogtron changed the title to When is release

The Coffee Stain Studio community Managers (authors of Satisfactory) said on their live stream recently that UE5 isn't production ready yet.  
Also that the optimisations that UE5 brings are not automatic - they require a lot of work to implement.

On top of that, moving between even the minor versions of UE requires a lot of work.  CS have done that a couple of times for Satisfactory and found it quite difficult and time consuming. 

All of that tells me that Ark 2 is likely to be in UE4 because WC have obviously been working on it for some time.  If UE5 isn't production ready now, it certainly wouldn't have been ready a year ago (or more) when WC started Ark 2.

@theopheus - I think you'll need to tighten your belt in preparation. I can't imagine WC being able to use UE5 at the start of the development and I can't imagine them putting in the time and effort to switch to a new engine before the game has been released.

WildCard/cedric - please prove me wrong.

• Volunteer Moderator

UE5 is open to developers now in EA. That means they can be developing for that engine as of almost a month ago.

Developers don't have to wait until the engine is "production ready" to base a game on it.

Think back to UE4 release. It wasn't production ready and officially released until March 2014 and Daylight (built on UE4) was released in April 2014.

20 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

UE5 is open to developers now in EA. That means they can be developing for that engine as of almost a month ago.

Developers don't have to wait until the engine is "production ready" to base a game on it.

Think back to UE4 release. It wasn't production ready and officially released until March 2014 and Daylight (built on UE4) was released in April 2014.

Well Ark is still in EA from 6 years ago, so it makes sense that Ark 2 should start out with an EA unfinished engine.  That's par for the course.

Archived