Genesis 2 Dinos stats?

Sleepys040

I play on my unoffical server, i dont change much settings from offical expect rates. I got a mod Awesome spyglass, but been playing now few days and semse all high level dinos have so low stats with it like 25 max 30 points before knocked out, semse very low and i been looking for days for a 40+ melee rex or 40hp + rex, but all semse way to low then another maps, is the stats bugged or just im very very bad luck?

3 minutes ago, Cymas said:

That's actually really good! You want 30+ in a wild dino so it will hopefully stand up with 40+ when tamed. The exception is birds who don't put points in movement speed anymore, so you can look for 40+ on wilds.

it is? i thought 40 is abit average and above it its very nice? friend got 48 melee on rex without mutation. And we play with offical settings aka wild dinos 150

40 is very, very good for a wild dino. So what the taming bonus levels do is randomly dump a bunch of points into all of the stats. So a wild rex might have 40 points in say melee, but when it stands up it might well have 50+ depending on the roll. You typically want to tame a whole bunch of these high potential dinos to get the best ones out of it. Past a certain point the RoI isn't worth it and that's when you start building your breeding line.

Just now, Cymas said:

40 is very, very good for a wild dino. So what the taming bonus levels do is randomly dump a bunch of points into all of the stats. So a wild rex might have 40 points in say melee, but when it stands up it might well have 50+ depending on the roll. You typically want to tame a whole bunch of these high potential dinos to get the best ones out of it. Past a certain point the RoI isn't worth it and that's when you start building your breeding line.

Cool thanks. But i mean 40+ stats after standing up i mean not wild ones. He got 49melee rex after standing up, its very rare then?

My rexes i found so far tamed like 8-9 140+ on geneis 2, best is 41 hp and 39 melee, should i keep look for better?

Yes, that is very rare. I would be overjoyed with a 49 melee rex. That's very much an outlier and not to be expected. Typically I'll take anything 40+ depending on how rare the dino is when establishing a line. It's up to you to decide if you think the time is worth it to keep hunting down the wild dinos. I would probably try for a little more melee, 39 isn't bad at all but considering how important the stat is, I would aim just a little bit higher. Keep in mind this is only one step of a very long process and being a few points off an arbitrary target isn't going to have a huge effect in the long run.

Or you can see if you could swap stats with your friend! Breed your rexes together so you both get the best possible stats. Dinos don't have to be in the same tribe to breed, if you're both solo or in different tribes.

3 minutes ago, Cymas said:

Yes, that is very rare. I would be overjoyed with a 49 melee rex. That's very much an outlier and not to be expected. Typically I'll take anything 40+ depending on how rare the dino is when establishing a line. It's up to you to decide if you think the time is worth it to keep hunting down the wild dinos. I would probably try for a little more melee, 39 isn't bad at all but considering how important the stat is, I would aim just a little bit higher. Keep in mind this is only one step of a very long process and being a few points off an arbitrary target isn't going to have a huge effect in the long run.

Or you can see if you could swap stats with your friend! Breed your rexes together so you both get the best possible stats. Dinos don't have to be in the same tribe to breed, if you're both solo or in different tribes.

Alright thanks alot mate!

Archived