Why Ark2 if Ark1 still doesn’t work

Atarenat1

We kind of used to many bugs from Ark 1  but i spotted a new trend recently: crash and item loss. Every time we do missions on gen2 and server crashes, the character dies with no track (no log message, no bodybag, nothing on map). All server who did missions today lost all their loot twice. It is funny because we all got so many capped weapons from drops and we lost all of them just today. Let's not mention about cryopoded dinos that are gone forever.

• Volunteer Moderator
On 6/9/2021 at 3:34 PM, Atarenat1 said:

Why have they decided to move onto Ark 2 when Ark 1 still has sooooooooo many glitches and crashes so often!

That's how all software development is done. Every single piece of software ever made had v2 made while v1 still has bugs.

That's part of the reason you start over from the ground up. To put the things you learned from v1 into play on v2 so you don't make the same mistakes.

7 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

That's how all software development is done. Every single piece of software ever made had v2 made while v1 still has bugs.

That's part of the reason you start over from the ground up. To put the things you learned from v1 into play on v2 so you don't make the same mistakes.

Ark1 is amazing, don't get me wrong. I loved the game since the beginning and i keep playing it in spite of all bugs and gliches because it has so many good sides. I really hope Ark2 will be better. Keep up the good work! xD

• Volunteer Moderator
13 minutes ago, AleXtreme1 said:

Ark1 is amazing, don't get me wrong. I loved the game since the beginning and i keep playing it in spite of all bugs and gliches because it has so many good sides. I really hope Ark2 will be better. Keep up the good work! xD

We all hope it will be. It's a journey!

I think that the developers have assumed that fixing the game has been too big for them, it is also seen that they have not even invested some time in translating even the base texts of the game or seeing how there are crashes equal to those of more ago 5 years.

Hopefully with the new direction of the new game and the marketing that they want to give it through parallel material at least this time if they work as standard the game with not an Early Access ... but with an active listening to the community, well-done translations, debug and information visible to all.

The way to monetize it does not matter to me if they put official paid servers optimized for mods, paid cosmetics, etc. If they make a game this time that does not look like a beta, I will surely buy it without hesitation, because at least I was a fan of these developers before they created Ark, although I know that for a thousand bad design decisions, programming, etc ... This game is as bad as it currently is that people must regularly resort to third-party servers / mods to enjoy it, but the idea is good even if they have not been able to put it into practice properly.

And I have dedicated thousands of hours to some games from big companies that even releasing games with quite a few bugs ... have made improvements over the years that Ark could not even dream of.

Archived