Lost Island Creature Voting Is Now Closed

Cant place *: There are too many creatures with platform structures on this ARK

Hello,

Since some hours ago our official (938) is already capped showing a message that I remember back in 2017 regarding structures placement on saddles. This means for instance that you cant put a chair on a skiff...

I am pretty sure that Tek Stryders have something to do with this problem, as they apparently count as a saddle with structure. It could also be that someone has spawned rafts or something like hell, but with the tribe dino limit im more confident the problem is related to stryder.

Apparently on many official Gen 2 servers, you can't place anything on any existing or new creature platform anymore as the game would just inform you this.Screenshot.thumb.png.6a332d7ffbeca3d941a8bd5e7f31172f.png

As every Tek Stryder has a platform saddle, it is not hard to see why this limit exist. However, not able to place anything on your newly crafted skiff really sucks. Hope this limit gets removed because it is very outdated.

Or maybe this limit was there because building on platforms hurt server performance. Any thoughts on this topic?

• Volunteer Moderator

17 minutes ago, Courage15 said:

Apparently on many official Gen 2 servers, you can't place anything on any existing or new creature platform anymore as the game would just inform you this.Screenshot.thumb.png.6a332d7ffbeca3d941a8bd5e7f31172f.png

As every Tek Stryder has a platform saddle, it is not hard to see why this limit exist. However, not able to place anything on your newly crafted skiff really sucks. Hope this limit gets removed because it is very outdated.

Or maybe this limit was there because building on platforms hurt server performance. Any thoughts on this topic?

Dynamic builds are indeed costly on server performance. Hence why there is a limit of 75 platforms on the entire server which includes everything that can move with man-made structures on it such as Rafts, Platform Saddles, Skiffs, etc. Tribes on PvE, as well as PvP, are limited in the amount they can have because each platform with structures on it count as 19 dino slots in their tribe count. However, the issue isn't really that limit itself, but the fact that many (if not all servers) are currently way over that cap. For example, if there is 75/75 platforms, and someone tame a Stryder, it becomes 76/75, etc. because they are bypassing the limit but still count. So, even if someone demolish an existing platform, chances are the server will remain capped because they are dozens if not hundreds over the cap. The fact Stryder cannot be frozen is sure not helping in my opinion.

On 6/18/2021 at 5:20 AM, invincibleqc said:

Dynamic builds are indeed costly on server performance. Hence why there is a limit of 75 platforms on the entire server which includes everything that can move with man-made structures on it such as Rafts, Platform Saddles, Skiffs, etc. Tribes on PvE, as well as PvP, are limited in the amount they can have because each platform with structures on it count as 19 dino slots in their tribe count. However, the issue isn't really that limit itself, but the fact that many (if not all servers) are currently way over that cap. For example, if there is 75/75 platforms, and someone tame a Stryder, it becomes 76/75, etc. because they are bypassing the limit but still count. So, even if someone demolish an existing platform, chances are the server will remain capped because they are dozens if not hundreds over the cap. The fact Stryder cannot be frozen is sure not helping in my opinion.

I have 4 skiff and 2 stryder and that’s the cap now or if I’m mistaken plz tell

• Volunteer Moderator
20 minutes ago, arkark said:

Patch 330.8 fixed the error.

Patch 331.7 is a regression and again the error message appears when trying to build on skiff.

330.8 didn't remove the limit. It fixed the scenario explained above (that I just merged in here):

On 6/18/2021 at 5:20 AM, invincibleqc said:

I can still build on mines on 331.7 so your server must be capped for real this time.

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

I can still build on mines on 331.7 so your server must be capped for real this time.

It can be, yes. But the ppl on my server noticed in less than 5 minutes of 331.7 being booted. It can be a coincidence but I think its worth checking that the code that makes stryders not count on the platform limit is working as intended.

Not to say that if its capped for real in 20 days from launch then there is something wrong here.

Edited by arkark
  • 4 weeks later...