Will the Voidwyrm get a Buff?

JadeHellBlade910

Suggestion

I feel the Voidwyrm is sadly the worst creature in Genesis part 2. I love Wyverns. They are my favorite creature in Ark. However, the Voidwyrm's breath attack is what I'm focusing on. PVP wise, I've heard it is able to hurt Tek materials and stun people off of their mounts, and that sounds good. PVE wise the Voidwyrm seems to be lacking compared to any other creature however. My suggestion would be to increase the damage of it's bite to counteract it's weak breath attack. The breath attack in PVE doesn't do any damage. It takes ages even to kill a simple animal such as a Raptor. And as such, I feel like it's breath attack is the absolute weakest attack in Ark in PVE. Which I know was probably the intention. I just feel like the Voidwyrm's breath attack should do more than a tiny stun in PVE. I'd like to hear what other people think of the Voidwyrm in general. I really think it needs a buff however. Mainly it's breath attack like I've kept saying. But, if they can't buff the breath, then I believe it would be extremely beneficial toward the Voidwyrm if they made it a melee oriented Wyvern. Increasing it's bite damage, but keeping it's breath the same. However, I might not have seen any hidden abilities of the Voidwyrm. It does not seem like there is any other abilities besides the breath, bite, wingflap, and the carrying feature in flight. Other than the Voidwyrm though, I absolutely love Genesis part 2. Also, I do not play PVP, so if the Voidwyrm is superior in PVP I'd love to know. Cause I have a feeling that it isn't very good compared to something like the destructive ability / abilities of something like the Lightning Wyvern or the Magmasaur. 

3 replies to this server topic

On 8/1/2021 at 5:15 PM, Modedtkilla said:

Before I get into anything else the void wyrm eggs can be used to tame basilisks. Huge pve use right there. Think outside the box.

Just like normal wyvern eggs, which are arguably easier to collect. And all wyverns are breedable, so from breeding you can just get a large supply of wyvern eggs already if you just have 2 of any kind.

Before I get into anything else the void wyrm eggs can be used to tame basilisks. Huge pve use right there. Think outside the box. Well considering when breeding it only takes raw meat to raise the devs probably figured it needed to be weaker in a way. Think about it. Void wyrms are pretty much pteras on steroids and they are both now just as easy to raise from babies as they both eat raw meat. Dont think of it as a crappy wyvern. But think of it more as a really good pt. That is what it is on pve. I would rather use a voidwyrm instead of a pt. Unfortunately the only use for its breath attack in pve is to ground a quetzal, tapejara, or something like that and get it to land on the ground. I heard it can also stun wild creatures. So in theory void wyrm breath attack could be used to stun creatures, in order to build spike walls around it So it can't move. So then it's trapped and protected before you even knock it out. So pve breath attack potential could be as a taming wyvern. Also like i said it can ground flying creatures. So you could ground a mana for example (to stop it from jumping around) with the voidwyrm breath and then use the net harpoon to trap it. Then tranq it. I could see a few scenarios it could be used to help tame a creature. I mean it's not much but it something. I really see these things as a huge help to tame manas (jet dogs) at least. Cause net harpoons are only good if you can hit the mana. So a voidwyrm would help knock it out of the sky and stun it for a second for you to use a net harpoon. People just have to think outside the box.

Archived