Unlocking Tek Engrams on Genesis 2

AlmightyJohnson

I have the feeling this map was made for ascended characters who have high or even max level an all tekgrams unlocked. Otherwise it makes no sense to give players the tek stuff that easily. It feels really demotivating when you find e.g. a tekbow or tek rifle but can't use because you have to beat the final boss to unlock it. And for the final boss it might be helpful to have tek weapons, for which you need to beat the final boss... 

I am thinking of using cross ark to get the tekgrams (playing on private server) so it would make kinda sense to have all this stuff on Gen2. I already have tek structures, weapons and saddles but can't use them because I dont have the engrams for them...

You can, however, unlock all tekgrams if you are the admin of your server. Which is kinda cheaty but if you look at the unlock table for the tekgrams, theres is no gen2 boss column, indicating it is not possible to unlock tekgrams via rockwell as well. The games wants you to finish all maps in order to get all tekgrams. Which is kinda cool in one sense but takes a lot of time to do so....

On 6/9/2021 at 9:23 AM, AlmightyJohnson said:

If you are on a server that starts survivors at level 1 with no previous engrams, how do you unlock Tekgrams?  There must be a way short of beating Rockwell.....

Tek is handy to complete some missions but is in no way required to do the final boss. Heck I did the fight and only needed my creatures...

1 hour ago, Zapha said:

I think now all I can do in Gen2 is taming the new dinos and get some tek structures from supply drops. But atm I see no more real reason to really play and build a base on the Gen2 map.

Ding Ding Ding!

Wait til more people start to clue in to this fact, it's gonna be great

Player reaction to missions in Gen1 was so great they decided to make a map based on nothing but missions :D ! 90% of resources cover 90% of the map, no traditional "caves" to clear, supply drops can contain literally anything (except a saddle you actually use harhar) - not sure what delusional state prompted WC to lock transfers on this map on Official as if it's a complete map, it's absolutely pointless to start a new character here.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived