The Center dino spawns are ridiculous!

Trogdor

I started my base and got the first line of wooden dino gates up to secure a perimeter. After that I run outside to harvest some wood and berries for a little beaver I'm taming. As I am doing so I heard the traditional, 'thump, thump, thump', and think nothing of it. Bronto's are all over the area. Then I turn and see that it's a Giga thirty feet away from me eating a parasaur. I bolt for my base and go screaming through the gates. The Giga didn't see me, but now it is pressed up against my little wall just sitting there looking at the everything I built.....

I think I'm going to get wiped out.

And it's awesome!

From being on a mostly empty map, having teo spinos near to each other is common, they often spawn in pairs (for me anyway.)

however, I havent played the center yet, so I cant confirm abnormalities.

17 hours ago, VicRattlehed said:

Yep, it was glorious. Having to actually survive again. I am by no means going to abandon my original server, but the center gives me that  "Is that..OH HOLY MOTHER OF GOD 6 COMPYS AND 5 DILOS! RUUUUUUN!" I had forgotten just how hard it can be to start fresh.

Yeah. And I think its the map thatll get me back in the game. Ark is at its apex at around lvl 25. Enough armor and tools as to not die constantly, and youre just getting on your first tames. My best memories are when friends and are headingout to tame our raptors or trikes. Thats when the game really shines.

16 hours ago, panteni87 said:

Well... we have quite a nice base in tropical north... and well... there are a couple of giga's nearby. I've pretty much seen the entire map...and they only seem to spawn in tropical areas. 

not true...i honestly think its 100% random...seen them in the tropics, jungle and the artic...5+ gigas on the map at one time...one spawned super close to my base and i got that sinking feeling...then build an "OH CRAP" shack and started making narcotics and stuff as fast as I possibly could to take it down and tame it before it leveled my base

10 minutes ago, ShaneViegel said:

not true...i honestly think its 100% random...seen them in the tropics, jungle and the artic...5+ gigas on the map at one time...one spawned super close to my base and i got that sinking feeling...then build an "OH CRAP" shack and started making narcotics and stuff as fast as I possibly could to take it down and tame it before it leveled my base

Lots more near the Lava Island... But they can probably spawn in a ton of spots. It's definitely more scary on this map with everyone in the mid levels then on The Island with one wild one a weak. But after people start taming them and building more it could lower the spawns down quite a bit. 

1 minute ago, Rancor said:

Lots more near the Lava Island... But they can probably spawn in a ton of spots. It's definitely more scary on this map with everyone in the mid levels then on The Island with one wild one a weak. But after people start taming them and building more it could lower the spawns down quite a bit. 

I'm sure that could happen...even though there are so many right now...theres a male close to my base too that I want to get but I have to get up the supplies...which could take a while lol

• 1 month later...

I'm having a hard time to find many creatures where they should spawn. Instead I have a boodstock of trikes. I'm thinking about setting up a plan for sterilization, they are everywhere!!

Seriously, trikes everywhere, and other dinos like doedicurus are impossible to find. At sea, nothing esle but manthas, megalodons, pirahnas, cobs and salmons. New creatures are nowhere to be found, searched the spawn zones and not a single one.

Anyone experiencing missing creatures? I already killed all wild dinos once, no change with rates.

Archived