I Give In...I'll Cheat

Woody714

I had to restart my singleplayer Xbox game after the save issue. I kept my 108 level and busted through to having 2 nice bases fully equipped in 3-4 weeks. I struggled to find nice dinos, but am happy with the baryonyx and argy. It will be hard to find another rex with 10000 health...so I am torn with spawning tames, but I am dang sure gonna cheat in saddles and stuff. My blueprint hunts are nil considering the Gen2 release bugs that seem to have affected all.  I was going to just earn enough element to get a Tek Rep, but I think that needs to be cheated in as well...to craft the saddles. And the 1400-1700 element I lost. Not the easiest thing to get  on The Island in a hurry.  I guess I'll tune in here and there, but I probably won't be griping anymore until I finally make it to Scorched Earth.

Peace

2 hours ago, Woody714 said:

I had to restart my singleplayer Xbox game after the save issue. I kept my 108 level and busted through to having 2 nice bases fully equipped in 3-4 weeks. I struggled to find nice dinos, but am happy with the baryonyx and argy. It will be hard to find another rex with 10000 health...so I am torn with spawning tames, but I am dang sure gonna cheat in saddles and stuff. My blueprint hunts are nil considering the Gen2 release bugs that seem to have affected all.  I was going to just earn enough element to get a Tek Rep, but I think that needs to be cheated in as well...to craft the saddles. And the 1400-1700 element I lost. Not the easiest thing to get  on The Island in a hurry.  I guess I'll tune in here and there, but I probably won't be griping anymore until I finally make it to Scorched Earth.

Peace

Just a heads up and ideas for your situation.....first heads up is if you play on max difficulty with 150 dino's, the boss fights are a heck of a lot harder than they used to be. x.x
If you need blueprints, try fishing or tameing a liplurodon. The lipo will get you above primitive grade stuff, but just barely. However fishing gives you the old super high quality stuff. So if you need a BP for a longneck to help with taming, or a saddle for trikes/steggo's or something, this is a good route to take.

On 6/9/2021 at 1:20 AM, Woody714 said:

That's a good idea, this is exactly what admin commands should be used for, to make up for bugs & glitches in the game.

This is why I left Official servers and started up a private server for my group of friends. We don't let ourselves cheat for normal game play, but if the game screws up or glitches out you bet your mejoberries that we fix the game problems using admin commands.

Fixing something that the game screwed up isn't really cheating. Using admin commands to fix problems caused by the game isn't really cheating. You paid for the game, there's no reason that you should let the game steal your time and your progress just because the game had a failure. This is a form of entertainment, don't let the game play you, use admin commands to fix problems and then continue playing as normal.

Don't feel bad about it for one second, you have the right to fix problems caused by the game.

10 hours ago, Pipinghot said:

That's a good idea, this is exactly what admin commands should be used for, to make up for bugs & glitches in the game.

This is exactly why I left Official servers and started up a private server for my group off friends. We don't let ourselves cheat for normal game play, but if the game screws up or glitches out you bet your mejoberries that we fix the game problems using admin commands.

Fixing something that the game screwed up isn't really cheating. Using admin commands to fix problems caused by the game isn't really cheating. You paid for the game, there's no reason that you should let the game steal your time and your progress just because the game had a failure. This is a form of entertainment, don't let the game play you, use admin commands to fix problem and then continue playing as normal.

Don't feel bad about it for one second, you have the right to fix problems caused by the game.

Yeah...I guess I  am finally there. I still can't decide if I want to try cheating in a high health level rex or not.  And while I did not find a rex saddle BP on the last playthrough, on the PS4 one that I had to give up due to crashing, I had a nice one, so...hehe. I am tired of waiting for stuff I already did or had. I had nearly everything you could think of from the island...ascendant scuba tank...saddles...compound bows...shotguns...flak and 90% of ascendant fur armor. And all the imprinted dinos. I had otters from 95 and 105 parents imprinted and waiting in a cryofridge like a drawer full of scarves...

You could try transferring to Valguero, that place is crawling with Rexes if you look in the right area. It's where I found my 10k health Rex and 384 melee Rex. I get that it requires transferring but it isn't a story map, so it doesn't really interrupt your story mode play. It's just easier to find higher level dinosaurs on non-story maps and you won't have to feel bad about cheating.

11 hours ago, Woody714 said:

Yeah...I guess I  am finally there. I still can't decide if I want to try cheating in a high health level rex or not.

It really comes down to how much time you want to spend getting back to where you were before and how much you enjoy different aspects of the game. You can choose whatever method let you feel like you've earned it and gives you the most fun. Are you feeling ripped off a lot? Spawn in a pre-tamed rex. Are you feeling ripped off only a little? Spawn the rex or rexes in as wild and then use normal game play to tame them.

There is a command that lets you spawn in dinos with the exact stats you want, which is a good way to recover something that was stolen from you by a game glitch. I'll warn you that the command is very precise and picky, you have to read it carefully on the wiki and make sure you get it exactly right or it won't work. I've only used it once, a couple of years ago, but if you really want to get back exactly what you had before without giving yourself anything extra as freebies then it's a good way to do it.

11 hours ago, Woody714 said:

I am tired of waiting for stuff I already did or had.

I feel you. ARK is a pretty terrible game on Official servers, ARK plays you more than you actually getting to enjoy playing a game, it's a brutal time sink. But on private servers and the solo game it's one of the best games I've ever played specifically because it's possible to use admin commands to make up for the game glitching out and screwing you.

Your time has value and if you want to use admin commands in your solo game to preserve and protect the time you've already spent getting things in the game then you should never feel bad about using admin commands to protect that time you've already spent.

Archived