Can you adjust boss difficulty with 150 dinos?

wizard03

So I tried the alpha broodmother again today with ascension saddles on the theri's. Even with 104.5 saddles, it was still a nasty fight. No one died this run, an improvement, but a rather bloody one.

I shouldn't be having this kind of trouble, don't get me wrong, Granted I like a challenge. Not a cheese everything in ultra easy cheat mode. But this is above and beyond. Is there any way to change the difficulty of boss fights without losing the ability to tame up max 150 dinos? I ask cause at this rate, the dragon is gonna be impossible.

This is on an xbox.

14 hours ago, wizard03 said:

So I tried the alpha broodmother again today with ascension saddles on the theri's. Even with 104.5 saddles, it was still a nasty fight. No one died this run, an improvement, but a rather bloody one.

I shouldn't be having this kind of trouble, don't get me wrong, Granted I like a challenge. Not a cheese everything in ultra easy cheat mode. But this is above and beyond. Is there any way to change the difficulty of boss fights without losing the ability to tame up max 150 dinos? I ask cause at this rate, the dragon is gonna be impossible.

This is on an xbox.

There are a couple of ways I think you could do this.

1) Temporarily change the Difficulty setting on the server using your GameUserSettings.ini file

* Just before you do the boss fight, do a server save, then reduce the difficulty setting on your server.

* Reboot the server, do the boss fight on the reduced difficulty level.

* After the boss fight change the setting back to normal and reboot your server again.

For example, if your server uses the standard difficulty level of 5.0 (which makes 150 the max level for standard dinos and 180 for tek dinos) you would change the "OverrideOfficialDifficulty" setting to a lower number.

Something like:

?OverrideOfficialDifficulty=4.0

2) Add configuration settings to your Game.ini files to change the difficulty of the individual boss

They would look something like this:

DinoClassDamageMultipliers=(ClassName="SpiderL_Character_BP_Easy_C",Multiplier=0.8)
DinoClassResistanceMultipliers=(ClassName="SpiderL_Character_BP_Easy_C",Multiplier=0.8)

If you used those two lines they would only change the Broodmother herself, the spiders that she spawns during the fight would be their normal level, if you want her spawn to also be easier then you'd need to add additional lines for their multipliers.

19 hours ago, Pipinghot said:

There are a couple of ways I think you could do this.
1) Temporarily change the Difficulty setting on the server using your GameUserSettings.ini file
* Just before you do the boss fight, do a server save, then reduce the difficulty setting on your server.
* Reboot the server, do the boss fight on the reduced difficulty level.
* After the boss fight change the setting back to normal and reboot your server again.
For example, if your server uses the standard difficulty level of 5.0 (which makes 150 the max level for standard dinos and 180 for tek dinos) you would change the "OverrideOfficialDifficulty" setting to a lower number.
Something like:
?OverrideOfficialDifficulty=4.0
2) Add configuration settings to your Game.ini files to change the difficulty of the individual boss
They would look something like this:
DinoClassDamageMultipliers=(ClassName="SpiderL_Character_BP_Easy_C",Multiplier=0.8)
DinoClassResistanceMultipliers=(ClassName="SpiderL_Character_BP_Easy_C",Multiplier=0.8)
If you used those two lines they would only change the Broodmother herself, the spiders that she spawns during the fight would be their normal level, if you want her spawn to also be easier then you'd need to add additional lines for their multipliers.

I just did the monkey and dragon today, something is weird man, really weird....After the broodmother and dang near getting wrecked, I did the gamma  gigantapithicus and went in super cautious thinking he was going to destroy me....nothing! No one was hurt, everyone was max health, the pig didn't even run out of food during the fight....took it up a notch, beta....same. Then alpha. This time the pig ran out of food...no one had any damage, everyone was perfectly fine, no big deal.DILO???
Ok, well lets check the dragon. Ok, gamma was average, and looking like geta looking like Im gonna need cakes n junk, and alpha may be impossible. Gotta work on their melee. 

But something just ain't right. Spider, which typically is mediocre, is now as dangerous as the dragon. Monkey is so easy, I don't even need to bring a deadon. And dragon is just dragon.

1 hour ago, wizard03 said:

But something just ain't right. Spider, which typically is mediocre, is now as dangerous as the dragon. Monkey is so easy, I don't even need to bring a deadon. And dragon is just dragon.

For what it's worth, Broodmother has always (or at least as long as I remember, if not truly "always") worked best with megatheria and their buff, whereas anything else ( like rex's and theri's ) being more difficult. Megapithecus, on the other hand, is basically just a standard DPS race, so it makes sense that it would be easier with the theri's. Dragon is mostly another DPS race, with the added fun of fire which makes healing & fire resistance more important to the fight.

I haven't done the Broodmother with a variety of different types of dino's, so I can't compare from personal experience, but what you've described matches the things I've read combined with my limited experience.

2 hours ago, Pipinghot said:

For what it's worth, Broodmother has always (or at least as long as I remember, if not truly "always") worked best with megatheria and their buff, whereas anything else ( like rex's and theri's ) being more difficult. Megapithecus, on the other hand, is basically just a standard DPS race, so it makes sense that it would be easier with the theri's. Dragon is mostly another DPS race, with the added fun of fire which makes healing & fire resistance more important to the fight.

I haven't done the Broodmother with a variety of different types of dino's, so I can't compare from personal experience, but what you've described matches the things I've read combined with my limited experience.

Yeah, my very first ever run on the island, I did megatheriums for the spider fight. Went well for a total bob trying it out for the first time. But every single time after that, Iv done it with theri's and while it wasn't as epic as my run against the monkey, it was easy enough "BEFORE" the accidental wipe.......2 patchs {maybe three now} ago, I did the spider with less qualified theri's and while I wouldn't say I could do two alpha spiders back to back, I sure as heck could smash it once without a single worry. Now, I got to have cakes, imprinting, 50-60k health and 1.5-3k melee just "to be sure" that I have any hope. It makes no sense at how unbalanced it became, and this literally happened overnight.

From before the wipe, to after the wipe.....

As for the dragon being a DPS race, I agree with you entirely. Honestly I don't think its changed at all, and like I said, I can beat gamma dragon easily enough, got some damage to heal off, but its good to go. Beta is going to be tough, might need some more levels {Ill just go through the swamp cave to get what I can} but it should still be within my capabilities as of right now. Alpha.......I unno, I screwed up two rex breed lines {I decided I like colors and lost track of the mutations, now I can't get any lines to mutate anymore. x.x} But Im starting to suspect I might have to get out the original mom and dads and do another line of theri's, aiming for nothing but melee mutations to get things straight just before the alpha dragon....Its the best I think I can get going.

Either that, or find the setting to turn down the bosses a notch or two.....Hard to believe I am "FORCED" to breed mutations in order to have a fighting chance on single player. x.x

1 hour ago, wizard03 said:

Either that, or find the setting to turn down the bosses a notch or two.....Hard to believe I am "FORCED" to breed mutations in order to have a fighting chance on single player. x.x

And unfortunately I can't speak to that. I only use single player to experiment with building ideas, play around with game mechanics, and fly around to get familiar with new maps. I've never played single-player extensively and certainly haven't done a boss fight in single-player.

I mean, I've done Gamma & Beta Broodmother along with Gamma & Beta Megapithecus as a solo fight, but it was on a private server with a group of friends so I had the advantage of having a whole tribe to do the taming and breeding. After we did the bosses as a group I went back and did them again solo just to see if I could, but that's not really the same thing as doing a full playthough in single-player mode.

7 hours ago, Pipinghot said:

And unfortunately I can't speak to that. I only use single player to experiment with building ideas, play around with game mechanics, and fly around to get familiar with new maps. I've never played single-player extensively and certainly haven't done a boss fight in single-player.

I mean, I've done Gamma & Beta Broodmother along with Gamma & Beta Megapithecus as a solo fight, but it was on a private server with a group of friends so I had the advantage of having a whole tribe to do the taming and breeding. After we did the bosses as a group I went back and did them again solo just to see if I could, but that's not really the same thing as doing a full playthough in single-player mode.

Aye....welp I got the beta dragon. Lost two theri's. Not a big deal, went back and got em out of the father and mother I got saved back. Had to whack a bunch of baby rex's upside their head to get the levels right, but after that Im back in buisness......good news is it seems that just two cakes got them to wrestle with the beta dragon, so maybe 10 cakes will do the alpha.....will have to wait n see, but things looked good.
Still, that damn spider......its bugging me....>.>

8 hours ago, wizard03 said:

Still, that damn spider......its bugging me....>.>

If you use only theris try this...grouping males and females. with 10 Males in group A and 10 Females in Group B. As soon as you are in the arena, mount your theri and select a group fast to whistle them to move to the LEFT of where Mother comes out, then select the second group to follow you and head to the RIGHT (or vice versa) Do this as fast as you can. What will happen is the first group will be in position as the mother starts to attack them, and your group comes up from behind.

However, I advise a Yuti that YOU mount and roar just before the timer ends to jump into the arena. Then,in the arena, stay back on the yuty but in range of the theris to roar when needed. If you get your tames in position fast enough, every theri will surround the Mother.

Other than that..Like others stated, megatheriums are a wise choice.

2 hours ago, BubbaGuy said:

If you use only theris try this...grouping males and females. with 10 Males in group A and 10 Females in Group B. As soon as you are in the arena, mount your theri and select a group fast to whistle them to move to the LEFT of where Mother comes out, then select the second group to follow you and head to the RIGHT (or vice versa) Do this as fast as you can. What will happen is the first group will be in position as the mother starts to attack them, and your group comes up from behind. However, I advise a Yuti that YOU mount and roar just before the timer ends to jump into the arena. Then,in the arena, stay back on the yuty but in range of the theris to roar when needed. If you get your tames in position fast enough, every theri will surround the Mother.

Other than that..Like others stated, megatheriums are a wise choice.

Iv allready beaten the spider. Im just confused as to why its so difficult all of a sudden. 

7 hours ago, wizard03 said:

Iv allready beaten the spider. Im just confused as to why its so difficult all of a sudden. 

Alpha spider has always been way harder than beta. Alpha spider is second hardest to alpha dragon and always has been 

I think you just forgot. Some people find alpha spider harder than dragon especially without optimized tames 

3 hours ago, d1nk said:

I think you just forgot. Some people find alpha spider harder than dragon especially without optimized tames 

i mean dragon has been made laughably easy thanks to deinonychus (150 hatch can run alpha lol) 

you can still do spider with 2 good velos and 1 good carbo no problem so i dont think it was made harder overall , its just deceiving that its so easy to run spiders with megas compared to anything else cuz megas get so many buffs against it 

Archived