Snow Biome Atrophy

Plannb23

Has anyone else noticed that the amount of health atrophy has gone off the charts in the snow areas now?  Yesterday while I was downloading I was in chat with one of our tribe members.  She was saying she kept dying in the snow really fast.  I thought it was just her being a bit dramatic, until I logged in.  I flew into the snow and noticed that I was losing about 2.5 health per second with 34 fortitude.  

This is a new component that wasn't there prior to the last patch and I'm trying to figure out what the plan was here.    Did anyone else notice this as well?

26 minutes ago, Plannb23 said:

Has anyone else noticed that the amount of health atrophy has gone off the charts in the snow areas now?  Yesterday while I was downloading I was in chat with one of our tribe members.  She was saying she kept dying in the snow really fast.  I thought it was just her being a bit dramatic, until I logged in.  I flew into the snow and noticed that I was losing about 2.5 health per second with 34 fortitude.  

This is a new component that wasn't there prior to the last patch and I'm trying to figure out what the plan was here.    Did anyone else notice this as well?

I'll test tonight on my sp game, I'm in the snow biome so it should be quick

Just now, Plannb23 said:

I have never really paid attention to it so I'm not sure that it "IS" new but I'm telling you my health was pouring off.  Imagine someone trying to get their first set of Fur Armor.

Well I was there on my no flyer mode in sp 2 days before patch and I could only stay out there for maybe 20 min (full set leather, 50 fort) before I was too damaged. Now with fur, same 50 fort I was still taking ice cube dmg when it blew, but seemed more compared to my official server to on with 36.

I'll test tonight :)

20 hours ago, IDNeon said:

I know for a fact they changed the temperature caps.  It used to never get lower than -19C now I think -42C was the lowest I've seen.

Whitesky Peak has 2 different temperature zones for some reason. One western and one eastern. At least you notice that when flying across the biome. The western part will have -12°C for example, while the eastern has -11°C. You can fly or run in circles in the right spot and it changes between that again and again, so it's not a coincidence of temps dropping or rising.

Coldest possible temp in Whitesky Peak is -25°C from what I have seen. Happened during a cold wave with a snowstorm at midnight.

-42°C is what the Frozen Sea usually can drop to. Are you sure it happened in Whitesky Peak?

As for the OP, I haven't noticed any difference with my gear and fortitude. A tribemate said he was still freezing in Apprentice/Journeyman Flak/Chitin combo at -5°C, which shouldn't have been an issue before. I don't play on official servers, tho. Maybe it only affects certain item/fortitude combinations?

Maybe they changed the rate at which you lose health? I know that I barely lost any health when it was burning hot, some more when it was ice cold. Possibly balanced it a bit better, as permanent cures and diseases will follow in a few weeks? I hope it will finally matter if you stay hot or cold for too long, besides only losing health.

Archived