noob questions about breeding

pinkdarkboy

im pretty new to ark and am playing through the story starting with the island and want to try and get out with at least beta level on all the bosses. ive watched a few videos on how to breed up good dinos and it's something ill definitely do with some rexes but wasn't sure if i needed to breed good stats into a daeodon and/or yutyrannus as well? or will a fresh 150 tame thats been leveled do the job fine? if they do need to be bred, what stat numbers do you guys think i should aim for?

14 minutes ago, pinkdarkboy said:

im pretty new to ark and am playing through the story starting with the island and want to try and get out with at least beta level on all the bosses. ive watched a few videos on how to breed up good dinos and it's something ill definitely do with some rexes but wasn't sure if i needed to breed good stats into a daeodon and/or yutyrannus as well? or will a fresh 150 tame thats been leveled do the job fine? if they do need to be bred, what stat numbers do you guys think i should aim for?

Yeah, both of those should be ok with a good Lvl 150 wild tame. Just keep in mind that the main stat you want on the daeodon is food since that's what makes them useful for healing, as well as decent HP to make sure it can take some abuse during the fights if something goes wrong.

Having said that, if you're going to the trouble to breed rexes for boss fights then it's not that much more time to do a little bit of yuty & daeodon breeding. Considering the amount of time it takes to find a good Lvl 150 of anything, you don't want to lose your yuty and/or daeodon if something goes wrong with the boss fight. It's worth doing a small amount of breeding just to make sure that you have backups in case your original wild tames get killed during a boss fight. If something goes wrong (and this is ARK, something can always go wrong) you don't want to put yourself in a situation where you have to fly around for days looking for another good yuty, or another good deodon.

56 minutes ago, Pipinghot said:

Yeah, both of those should be ok with a good Lvl 150 wild tame. Just keep in mind that the main stat you want on the daeodon is food since that's what makes them useful for healing, as well as decent HP to make sure it can take some abuse during the fights if something goes wrong.

Having said that, if you're going to the trouble to breed rexes for boss fights then it's not that much more time to do a little bit of yuty & daeodon breeding. Considering the amount of time it takes to find a good Lvl 150 of anything, you don't want to lose your yuty and/or daeodon if something goes wrong with the boss fight. It's worth doing a small amount of breeding just to make sure that you have backups in case your original wild tames get killed during a boss fight. If something goes wrong (and this is ARK, something can always go wrong) you don't want to put yourself in a situation where you have to fly around for days looking for another good yuty, or another good deodon.

that's very helpful, thank you! 🙂

2 hours ago, pinkdarkboy said:

If your playing on easy mode, probably not, however if your like me and trying to do max difficulty, you might want to go ahead and do a quick breeding on a yuty or two.....the ice cave of the brute is a absolute nightmare without a top tier dino with imprinting. So not only could a high level yuty do the trick of courage roaring your army, but can also be a cave buster if bred.

As for the deadon, its unnecessary as the only thing they should be focused on is improveing their food stat. Maybe if you wanted to hang on to it later on or to take reduced damage while in the boss fights, but its not as important as the army, or possibly the yuty.

Archived