Missions.... Opinions

DanielKT

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, GP said:

Missions allow you to tame Tek Stryder, and also you need missions to do Gen 2 boss.

As GP said the missions are to tame the stryder and the requirement to do the boss but it also is how you activate the global buffs that are extremely helpful.

Also you can get helpful items/blueprints from certain missions.

I still can´t get around it why the last 2 DLC have the mission system. Extinction "drop defense" or "corrupted node defense" were pretty decent activities where you had to prepare and plan ahead but with Gen1 & Gen2 the missions just feel so lazy and the opposite of what I want to do in ARK tbh. I want to tame stuff, survive, build up and not run on a mount the same course over and over. Especially connecting the best loot and BPs to missions is such a horrible thing. Running the same missions hundrets of times makes you just want to scream. 

Now, Gen2 even forces you to do the missions to obtain one of the newest mounts and that you can tackle the end boss. Some of the Gen2 missions are just plain horrible. 

Run behind maewings and torpor them until you can net gun them. I mean even WC should have noticed that a projectile shot at a moving target has a 95% chance to register a hit but does not really hit (stuck arrow, but no dmg/torpor, awesome). Doing that on gamma is such a pain in the ass solo .. everything above gives me literally migrane after 2-3 tries I must quiet and do something fun like banging my head against a wall. 

All the flying missions where you have this arcade like Astrodelphis which controls completely different compared to what you tame. Why not go with the normal controls? I don´t get it, its so bad. 

Why the raptor would I want to play such a cheap arcade shooter? Its nothing like the ARK experience we had over the last couple of years. 

Why are there no missions with "tame something in X time" or "harvest X amount of res in X time and keep them after mission" .... like, have daily activities you do in ARK bound to missions where you do them but get extra loot. 

WHY THE raptor DO I HAVE TO RAFT DOWN A RIVER IN THE SLOWEST CANOE I EVER EXPERIENCED. Its so raptoring ugly looking that you didn´t even bother to give the canoe some water streams when it turns or speeds up, its just a model on a plain water texture which moves raptoring slow and turns raptoring slow. I want to puke thinking that I have to force myself to do this poop on alpha which will probably take 50 attempts to even complete it. So horrible. 

If that is the last impression of ARK I must say you don´t gave a raptor about delivering "the best you could" and what you learned over the years. You just copy pasted the worst poop from Gen1 (missions) into Gen2 and made a map with some new (all passive tames) dinos. 

So disappointed if that is truly the last DLC for ARK its the worst of all. 

I love the map. I love the new Tames. I love the new drop/asteroids mechanics.

The missions would be great, if they weren't so glitchy. Collision boxes seem sloppy and, because of Official server lag, rubber banding gives me a head ache. 

I'm hoping that the relentless patching will improve the playability.

We've been slowly working through the missions, and we have mixed feelings about them.

Like several of them are easy to do, despite the server lagging like crazy.
Others take a few attempts to get used to. The space dolphin one took us three attempts to get right and clear on gamma.

But now for example we are struggling with the Code Red and Life Support missions.
We ran out of time mostly after learning the encounters. We simply cannot clear them fast enough.
We're going to give it another go with more shotgun shells, better rexes etc, but we honestly don't see much chance against that Giga at the end.

I personally feel these missions to be extremely unbalanced.
I know they are supposed to take the amount of people in mind, but it doesn't feel like that all.
Some of these simply feel way too hard, especially with how lagging the game is.

congratz to the people that can do missions, however there are still a lot of us that can not. as for example every time i try to do a mission my gmae crashes and just sets me back, so why even bother trying anyway. or for another example i go to do taming runs and if i'm away from my base too long my game crashes again. People should not have to do Dino wipes every 10 minutes just to be able to play properly. whatever was working on opening day please do that again. it sucks, wanting to play, just cannot. 

9 hours ago, Olivar said:

We've been slowly working through the missions, and we have mixed feelings about them.

Like several of them are easy to do, despite the server lagging like crazy.
Others take a few attempts to get used to. The space dolphin one took us three attempts to get right and clear on gamma.

But now for example we are struggling with the Code Red and Life Support missions.
We ran out of time mostly after learning the encounters. We simply cannot clear them fast enough.
We're going to give it another go with more shotgun shells, better rexes etc, but we honestly don't see much chance against that Giga at the end.

I personally feel these missions to be extremely unbalanced.
I know they are supposed to take the amount of people in mind, but it doesn't feel like that all.
Some of these simply feel way too hard, especially with how lagging the game is.

Do you lose tames and weapons when you fail a mission ?

I've done most of the races and actually really liked Survive the Ark. Now I want to step up to some of the tougher ones but I'd like to know the penalty for failure before I bring anything I care about losing.

3 hours ago, St1ckyBandit said:

Do you lose tames and weapons when you fail a mission ?

I've done most of the races and actually really liked Survive the Ark. Now I want to step up to some of the tougher ones but I'd like to know the penalty for failure before I bring anything I care about losing.

Only if they die/get destroyed.
Tames are otherwise teleported out like you. (Assuming it's a VR)

I believe the creators of this dlc never tested all missions on all levels..... or at the very least they did not try anyone of them in an official server

Also, whole sets of missions need to be completed by all participants of ascension. i am not sure if it is a mistake or intentional, but it start to make ascension (especially alpha and beta) impossible to most population in ark official clusters

4 hours ago, nameless said:

I believe the creators of this dlc never tested all missions on all levels..... or at the very least they did not try anyone of them in an official server

Also, whole sets of missions need to be completed by all participants of ascension. i am not sure if it is a mistake or intentional, but it start to make ascension (especially alpha and beta) impossible to most population in ark official clusters

Guaranteed they didn't on console or with a single player. Even on Gamma they are ridiculously hard if they're not a racing one. I mean that code Red mission....absolutely insane. I like the idea of them, but the execution which is tied to progression is just a painful experience. If they run smoothly, were enjoyable and not insanely hard or time consuming to the level they are, it'd be ok. I also don't like they fully replaced the caving experience with them.

6 hours ago, St1ckyBandit said:

Hmm so if you got into trouble and were about to get a tame killed you could just cancel the mission to save your tame. 

Thanks good to know.

I went into code red with 1 tribemate, we had 1 rex and 1 reaper to teleport with us since it says 1 dino per person. We had the dinos on the teleport pad unridden and they did not teleport with us. So we canceled and started the mission with us riding them and they teleported in with us. So half way in the rex was not doing so hot and was about to die. So I was like hey cancel the mission so the rex can survive, he canceled and I didnt cause my reaper was fine and I wanted to keep going to see how hard it gets.

Well the rex did not teleport out with him, and ended up dying before I could cancel the mission as well to try to save it. Im not sure if my tribemate was currently riding the rex when he canceled so it could be that if he was riding it it would have left with him. So just be careful of situations like that cause it was a bit sad to lose it that way.

Also btw the rex's bag was at the mission terminal when I left the mission so I was able to get his ASC saddle back at least.

I really don't like the missions they put into this map. It wouldn't be such a big deal to me if they were optional, like those on Gen1, but noooo - they just had to go and shove these missions down everyone's throat by making them mandatory for both the boss and the styder.

I find the race missions especially ridiculous. I play on official, and as you can probably imagine, the lag really does not help one bit. Then there's also the fact that the controls are in many cases completely unituitive. Also there is the fact that if I wanted to play a racing game, I would get a racing game -- and it would 100% be more balanced and fun, and less frustrating, than these poopty racing missions.

Personally, I would have preferred it if there was a mechanic like e.g. extinction drops, where you have to build up an army of good dinos to compete, maybe giving the new dinos from this map a chance to shine. Or a few decent caves.

12 hours ago, heliantha said:

I really don't like the missions they put into this map. It wouldn't be such a big deal to me if they were optional, like those on Gen1

But you did need the missions on gen 1 to do the boss. I think them being a gate to pass to tame high lvl stryders is what everyone is really upset about. Everyone wants a 150, but alas...

But to be honest, even lower level stryders are rediculous when it comes to harvesting. I got enough missions to tame a 100 and I am pretty pleased with it. Personally, some of the missions seem overtuned but the idea of needing to complete missions on the whole does not bother me. What bothered me was when I logged in to find like 15 missions reverted to not completed. But I also play on a private server so I am also not competing with lots of lag etc.

Good day ass-handed developers. I want to tell you a huge bitch thank you for genesis 2 and for its stupid missions that are impossible to pass. I just hate you so much that I'm writing this comment. The person who came up with the mission on a canoe and a dolphin,for you a separate place in hell. It's so crooked that my ass is already burning. I can't even go through half of the missions of the dumb on gamma, and there were a lot of attempts,my nervous system can't stand this poop. Maybe on the PC you can still somehow manage all this, but on the controller it's just hell of a torture. And what's the point of the dinosaurs in the arch now? If players without a dino can easily shoot my entire base, the entire ground zhivku, stupidly being infinitely in the air. One dolphin easily kills the raptor out of everyone. In conclusion, I wanted to say that I was so much disappointed in you, although no, I just hate you. That's how much your missions made me angry. And a disbalanced dolphin.

• Volunteer Moderator
4 hours ago, Allanballan said:

Im with you. It's so nice farming with it! Wonder if the Stryder with the hip bags has some kind of weight buff on some materials? If that's so we might have a Stryder train in the making ;) 

I believe the Stryder with the bags has a 65% reduction on almost any resource. So far i've not found one with both Rigs yet.

Archived