Nerf the Tek suit Please

Kodking194

So we now spawn in with a tek suit. wonderful. I like the idea. what I find completely dumb and broken is the fact that it has all of the features that the actual tek suit has but with no element requirement. they took one of the best armors in the game, made it slightly better. then gave it to everyone when they spawned in. yes i know its armor is crap but that doesn't really matter when you can fly away from stuff that attacks you. now im not saying i dont like the tek suit features. i just think it completely ruins the aspect of starting out in ark. it removes all challenges that you would normally face when you begin the game. a raptors attacking you? no worries. just use the jetpack to zoom outta the fight. encumbered? no problem, you can use the jetpack and super punch to still move at a faster speed. they nerfed the power punch because it was broken as all hell. my proposed solution to this issue is making the armors features require stamina to use. using the jetpack will drain stamina. fall damage is negated when you have the armor on so it doesn't matter if you run out of stamina while flying. overall i think the tek armor needs heavy recalibrating so that its more balanced. i like the idea of having a tek suit when we start off. i just dont agree with how much of a crutch it can be for players at the start. it completely removes the challenges that one usually faces the start of the game.

They really do not only is the map huh so you find no one to pvp but people also just 1 punch you with gloves you no longer need a pick axe or axe early game or a pt it brings early game away from the game and makes boosted servers insane now plus the gloves can break stone bases and it can take hours to get your base full metal it’s so dumb no one fights anymore and it’s just made the game unplayable really

On 6/7/2021 at 12:49 PM, Asmodyus said:

What you and other people fail to realize is this is not the same ark your use to and this is done on purpose. So if you want to the old ark than I suggest going play another map or DLC and enough of the darn complaints already.

im not saying to remove the tek suit. i like the idea of having the tek suit, i just think that it needs to be nerfed a bit. like adding stamina drain when using the suit. that way there's some kind of balance to the armor.
for those who say that this is an endgame map, that still doesn't change the fact that ark is a survival game, therefore it's supposed to have a survival aspect. and one of the most important parts of a survival game is the starting grind. that's what makes a survival game fun. when you remove that you remove a pretty important part of a survival game. again. im not saying to remove the tek suit entirely. just add some kind of nerf that balances out the features, like limited flying time with the jetpack before it has to recharge. 

And this is why we cannot have nice things!
Every time devs add something cool and fun to use, whiny clowns beg for nerfs. This is what happened to manas, and velos. I personaly enjoy all the Gen2 stuff (exept for broken dedicated server. fix It ffs!) It won't last long before my awesome aquatic kitty and cosmic dolphin are going to be useless because of Karens.

Also if you cannot tell, this map isn't designed for lvl 1 bobs. And I'm glad that It isn't! I don't have stockholm syndrome for ark grind.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, dirt916 said:

I can see the appeal of having the tek like it is for both pvp and pve. Yet I wish I could turn on and off the unlimited tek for my own server. Like my own hard core mode ;). Dose any one have and opinon on none void dinos swimming in space lmao 🤣. I know it's a game but A little out side the box.

• Added a server config bool for Unofficial Servers to allow them to disable the GEN2 TEK Suit on spawn: bDisableDefaultMapItemSets=True (Game.ini)

On 6/7/2021 at 2:15 AM, Kodking194 said:

So we now spawn in with a tek suit. wonderful. I like the idea. what I find completely dumb and broken is the fact that it has all of the features that the actual tek suit has but with no element requirement. they took one of the best armors in the game, made it slightly better. then gave it to everyone when they spawned in. yes i know its armor is crap but that doesn't really matter when you can fly away from stuff that attacks you. now im not saying i dont like the tek suit features. i just think it completely ruins the aspect of starting out in ark. it removes all challenges that you would normally face when you begin the game. a raptors attacking you? no worries. just use the jetpack to zoom outta the fight. encumbered? no problem, you can use the jetpack and super punch to still move at a faster speed. they nerfed the power punch because it was broken as all hell. my proposed solution to this issue is making the armors features require stamina to use. using the jetpack will drain stamina. fall damage is negated when you have the armor on so it doesn't matter if you run out of stamina while flying. overall i think the tek armor needs heavy recalibrating so that its more balanced. i like the idea of having a tek suit when we start off. i just dont agree with how much of a crutch it can be for players at the start. it completely removes the challenges that one usually faces the start of the game.

All claims of the TEK Suit SKIN(!) being OP/unbalanced whatever have been already debunked multiple times over here:

The Solution to your "problem" is easy: throw the Suit away/don't use it.
If you don't want to do that with every fast travel/respawn, you can use the Server Config Option Gelantious postet.

On 6/9/2021 at 3:06 AM, Kodking194 said:

adding stamina drain when using the suit

That would logically make no sense.
One of the intentions of a powered Exo-Suit is to NOT drain your Stamina.

that still doesn't change the fact that ark is a survival game, therefore it's supposed to have a survival aspect.

Did i miss the feature, that the TEK Suit provides Water/Food? Or making you invisible to hostile creatures?
If it doesn't: there's your survival aspect.

and one of the most important parts of a survival game is the starting grind.

Then you should start at the... well... "start": spawning on a beach of "the Island" Ark. Game Progress: 0%
When you start Genesis 2, you are already through 80% of the Game. So Spawning on the Genesis is not "starting the Game". It's skipping the start and go straight to "80% of game finished".

On 6/9/2021 at 10:45 AM, EndlessDuck said:

Every time devs add something cool and fun to use, whiny clowns beg for nerfs. This is what happened to manas, and velos. I personaly enjoy all the Gen2 stuff (exept for broken dedicated server. fix It ffs!) It won't last long before my awesome aquatic kitty and cosmic dolphin are going to be useless because of Karens.

Also if you cannot tell, this map isn't designed for lvl 1 bobs. And I'm glad that It isn't! I don't have stockholm syndrome for ark grind.

Manas and velos are fine what do you mean? Clearly play pve if balance isnt a thing that the devs should consider. Dolphins got a nerf they deserve as well. Should never have stripped players with the homing missile. Calling people whiny cus they want a game rather than some playground sandbox is uncalled for

On 6/7/2021 at 2:49 PM, Jackaboy188 said:

They really do not only is the map huh so you find no one to pvp but people also just 1 punch you with gloves you no longer need a pick axe or axe early game or a pt it brings early game away from the game and makes boosted servers insane now plus the gloves can break stone bases and it can take hours to get your base full metal it’s so dumb no one fights anymore and it’s just made the game unplayable really

Getting to metal is stupidly easy because of the same suit that made building with stone useless. Can murder pve easy for hide, punch rocks for flint and stone, punch trees for thatch and fiber. Build 7 or so refining forges and then go to the mountains or space biome and punch metal. Leave in forges and go fly across the full extent of the river in eden biome and hit beaver dams for paste. If by some chance no beaver dams punch rocks for a ton of stone and punch mantis and araneos for chitin or even punch the meat plants. Now you can male your own paste. The tek suit makes the build up most easy in my opinion cus you punch the mushroom plants to get a bunch of thr narco shrooms (ascerbic) and then punch a meat plant for spoiled meat. Get your tranq arrows go get a quetzal. Not like you need to do grapple gymnastics or tame a griffem first just fly after it and shoot it. Build a skybase. Easiest option to get to metal is to literally go to a drop and when you get some tek forcefield or an indie forge just demo it. The build up is so easy you can get a rep solo day one

I look at it like this. My main is a high level Tek character. 

I see Gen 2 as not only being for long lime players like me, but also giving the opportunity to create a new character than can move past the over-worn newb phase with relative ease. If I wanted that grind, then Gen 2 would not offer me anything I couldn't get on any of the other maps or DLCs. Been there and done that. Period. So now there is ONE map that says "Go forth and be awesome"... and tight holes are proclaiming with some false authority that it should  always be The Way(tm) they say it should be.

Whatever. Do whatever  you want. This is not a restaurant. You can eat or leave. 

This is what I find completely freaking stupid about the community on here and why I left STA for so freaking long. You people cant settle for a god damn compromise. Its either option A or option B. Its idiots like you who f*ck up society. I'm not saying to nerf the suit into the ground so it becomes useless. I'm simply saying change it a bit to make it more balanced. Making it use stamina is not the only way to make it balanced. It could have an inbuilt charge meter that drains when you use the suits features the charge meter then refills itself when thee suits features are not being used. This could then allow them to add in the possibility to add the fed tek suits as loot from beacons or missions. The better the armor the better the higher the charge meter. Along with the other usual improvements armor gets with better tiers. There's so many ways that WC can tweak the suit by even just a little to make it more balanced. A lot of you also seem to think that I hate the suit. I dont. I actually like it. It was a creative new way to change up how we start off. But WC being WC they go overboard and make it a bit too OP. I do use the suit when I play on genesis. its fun and allows for a new angle to starting out. but it removes to many aspects that make ark challenging.

On 6/9/2021 at 7:45 PM, EndlessDuck said:

I was actually pro mana and pro velano. Yes I agreed that they needed to be slightly nerfed. But WC nerfed them way too much. I'm not being a "whiny clown" as you put it. I'm simply proposing a way for the suit to be balanced out while still being useful and fun for everyone. unlike the other cry babies you fools seem to bunch me in with. I'm not saying to nerf the said object until its worthless. I'm simply proposing that it be balanced out. I dont see the issue with the shadow manes. They are actually pretty neat and cool to use. I like how you need more than one and both genders to use them to their fullest extent. As for the dolphin. I have no opinions there as I haven't used it much yet. The issue with the ark community for the most part is that there are two sides. There's side A which wants everything nerfed into the ground so it just becomes completely useless. Then there's side B who claim that stuff doesn't need to be nerfed. What humors me the most is that side A seems to be the players who are on the receiving end of the object that they claim needs to be nerfed. while side B is on the delivering side. So both sides are extremely biased.

2 hours ago, Kodking194 said:

you say in a game that is literally based things making absolutely no f*cking sense. 

so it makes sense to put more sense into the game instead of making it even more absurd.

The TEK Suit is Balanced. Everyone gets it. Even a fresh Level 1 Char.
You get a new one when you die. Everyone gets a new one when they die.

And every aspect you think makes the TEK not balanced, can be cauntered extremely easy. That sounds balanced, doesnt it?!

1 hour ago, GmanPlaysGames said:

So my understanding is it only works like this on Gen 2 right? if you transfer it off the map it becomes a normal tek suit and requires Element to run. this is meant to be an end game map, you transfer in a max level character and get setup right away, not start as a beach bob again

Yes, that's how it works.
Every other Map needs Element for it to work.

About the tek suit. Its not even as game breaking as you say first you saw the pitifull armor protection it offers ? second the tek suit does ONLY not need element on gen2 if you move it any other map it requires element to function.

also the tek suit makes that map even barable the concentration on alpha spawns would rip you a new one pretty quickly otherwise.

The map also is huge i know it does not feel that way if you superman burst across it but try walking from one side to the other.

the tek suit equalls the playing field a lot makes it less punishing to be whiped as you can build up rather quickly need a tek rep you can assemle one in a few hours if you put your mind to it.

so i got the feeling many of those nerf tek suit things are just alpha players beeing mad that they cant curbstomp a single dude anymore and be sure he stays down for the next to weeks as he needs to build back up or leaves the server.

the only thing that i am very concerned about is the fact that wc has not made any attempt to prevent people from blocking off the map completly.

Dont understand me wrong i mean its stupid in the first place as the map can be blocked so that you can not LEAVE but you can entere if it where the other way around ok but beeing traped on a map kinda sucks even though you only want to leave. (mabye add a kinda off emergency upload where you can not take anything with you just upload your caracter?) but i guess wc dosent care at this point they made their money and not the point of this answer.

honestly with how big a poop show gen2 has been and still is (cant even tame a freakin void because all the boxbox lag the servers out constantly) why the F do any of you even care if it goes against "lore" its the last expansion so just suck it up and go beat the final boss and quit complaining, all you have to do is be in a mission during a server save and have the server go down and you just lost everyhing you were carrying, you like playing with those new tekbows you got out of a drop? well kiss it goodnight each night you might lose it tomorrow....

why dont you just take the armor off whenever you respawn then you can live in your little bubble of how things "USED" to be, get with the how things are now, they tried disabling the abilitys and literally everyone complained so hard that they turned them all back on live with it.

Archived