Linux Server Install Documentation - Feedback Wanted

Greetings!

I have been working on documentation on how to install Ark dedicated server on Ubuntu Server 20.04 LTS and would like some feedback on what I have done so far.

It is about 95% completed and when I'm at 100%, I will wipe my server again, follow the dox and ensure I did not miss anything, fix typos, permissions / sudo, etc.

I did not want to use the various managers out there so I set off to run everything myself with no hidden 3rd-party code anywhere.

I also know this does not cover every possible way of running Ark.  I wanted to maintain a cluster of servers in such a way that I have minimal downtime for all the updates that come out and compared to other servers I maintain with 3rd-party server managers, I think I have done it.

Server and workshop updates will download a single copy in the background while the maps remain online.  Once ready, the maps can be shutdown and all the changes that were downloaded (just the delta changes) will then be replicated to all maps very quickly to allow for minimal downtime.  The scripts can be modified to handle various differences in installations and even modified to run things in a very different manner.

If anyone can see a better way of doing this, please let me know.  Once I have finalized the document, I will then publish it to multiple sites.

Source Tutorial: https://hammondslegacy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=294

Thanks,

LHammonds

Archived