WildCard totally destroyed ark survival

7 hours ago, Pipinghot said:

So is 99.9%+ of all science fiction, ever.

Your narrow description of what qualifies as science fiction excludes nearly every sci-fi title ever written. It's all science fantasy, that's the nature of the genre. Look at the entire history of every story or book ever nominated for a Hugo or Nebula award, or Campbell award or Sturgeon award nominees, nearly all of them have one or more elements of fantasy built into them with practically none of them based only on known science fact.

If you want to draw a line in the sand between science fact-fiction and science fantasy-fiction you go right ahead, but Campbell, Sturgeon, Asimov, Heinlein, Le Guin, Herbert, Clarke, Huxley, Niven, Gibson, Anderson, Card, Brin, Crichton and a whole lot of other sci-fi authors would chuckle at the idea that the difference matters.

Indeed. Most of the parts you are saying i agree.

Some honorable examples:
Star Trek
Mostly SF. Goes to Science Fantasy when it becomes to beaming.

SF. We even see most of it come true nowadays.

Brave new World
See 1984

And also, what was "Science Fantasy" before can become "Science Fiction" as Science get's new discoveries and insights about the Universe/Multiverse.

But to be honest, the line between SF and Science Fantasy is very thin and can change over time. Discussion about that gets a more philosophical note.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/14/2021 at 11:56 AM, Pipinghot said:

So I'll just ask: Are you trying to make an argument that ARK is fantasy, or do you agree that it's obviously sci-fi?

Respectfully i want to make an argument that ARK is "Science Fantasy" (but keep my last post in Mind).

Recovering Memory Matrixes from People that are dead for Centuries. Mei Ling, Nerva... and even Helena and Rockwell depending on how many years the ARK Project is set into the future.
That's obvioulsy Fantasy and not backed up by any Science Facts we have at our disposal (at the moment(!)).

But as said, that's something that could change in the future.

Edit: just to note:
i'm completely fine to throw Science Fiction and Science Fantasy into the same Cauldron (as we say over here).

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, 2OLEgend said:

I firmly believe people on here play the forum more than the game anyway.

That made me lulz.

It's odd how many people take time out of their "busy" day to complain relentlessly on the forum about a game they don't seem to like, much less play that much.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/9/2021 at 7:10 PM, SarahMonette said:

Yes it is relevant.  The Beginner Servers are where the new players are coming to learn how to play the mmorpg part of Ark.  The Genesis 2 area is where the old players are coming back from a hiatus.  The old players are not bringing new players into the game.  The old players have spent their money.  This game is box to play.  

Box To Play

That means those who bring money to the game are the new players.

New players go to the beginner servers.

New players talk to other players get them to come on and play ark with them.

Sorry Gen2 has problems.  But it is released now.  They can assign a dev/dev team to patch it up over time.

However no new beginner players are going straight into playing Genesis.  They want TheIsland map.  They bought TheIsland map.  Their computers run TheIsland map.  They will not get to Gen2 until later after some progression.  They start on the BEGINNER SERVERS.  

Go on a beg server and find out for yourself!   Hundreds of Beach Bobs going "how do I pick a berry bush?"

You said the title of this thread was "WildCard totally destroyed ark survival."  And they have by ignoring the new players that would have been this games advertizement.  That would have worked their way up to Gen2 after most it's glitches were fixed.  But Wildcard has abandon the BEGINNER SERVERS completely with no intention of looking back.  This neglect started when devs did not make the first release date.  They must have pulled off whoever was in charge of Beginner and forced them to work on Gen2 or fired them?

Back further and there was strange things going on with the devs on the Beginner servers.  We were getting these constant lag popup messages telling us to "slow down you are going to fast."  Umm, that looks like a direct communication with an individual player through the game interface.  Watching us.  Like creepy stalking watching.  

The Beginner server do not lag at all.  It's the only ark gameplay where over 70 players can join the server and there is no lag.  What are you trying to hide?  

Destroying the Beginner server that play so well is destroying the game itself.  I don't think there is a more relevant answers to "WildCard totally destroyed ark survival."  

This is a new players first impression of the game.  This is where they go to decide to refund Ark back to steam or not.  

I swear there is someone on ark's dev team intentionally trying to destroy this game.  

The dynamic of begginer server is amazing! You need more strategy to attack, more diversity of useful tames and more chance to a new tribe that worked hard figth with the olds tribe. 

The unrespect with beginner server in the last weeks is terrible

• 5 months later...
On 6/6/2021 at 10:03 AM, GP said:

It's not early game though it is end game. Genesis II is designed for being the map once people have survived the Island and all DLC maps as the story depicts.

The Island is basic/primitive survival (early game), by the time you get to Genesis II you will already be advanced with tek and bosses etc. So it makes sense for an end game map to be more advanced.

Wildcard have certainly not destroyed Ark, they've just progressed their story to the end.

Striders pretty much destroyed the game. Period.

Agree with much of what the OP said.  What really picked my interest where the trailers for different maps. Awesome atmosphere and people pvp:ing using a large variety of dinos and weapons. When I started playing, I was rather disappointed by the monoculture that pvp has become. Gigas and manas mostly and way too much advanced tech.

At the end of the day, none of the trailers were really honest about the real nature of game play.

I have my hopes up that Ark 2 will be different.

On 6/16/2021 at 9:33 AM, Joebl0w13 said:

That made me lulz.

It's odd how many people take time out of their "busy" day to complain relentlessly on the forum about a game they don't seem to like, much less play that much.

I get bored and these forums are here.

Only downside is that they're pretty dead, so I don't get many opportunities to enlighten the community with my objectively flawless takes, all to the great detriment of the game, community, developers, and their extended families.

On 12/18/2021 at 10:04 AM, Scheneighnay said:

I really miss what early-access ark was before the rampant power creep as well.

At least most of the bad content is confined to expansions I don't have to buy.

bruh if you think the expansions are bad content then i would recommend just not playing ark, its apparently not for you, the expansions bring a lot more content and QOL to the game regardless of what you think about it or the expansions.

On 12/18/2021 at 10:07 AM, Scheneighnay said:

I get bored and these forums are here.

Only downside is that they're pretty dead, so I don't get many opportunities to enlighten the community with my objectively flawless takes, all to the great detriment of the game, community, developers, and their extended families.

lmfao flawless? more like obviously flawed takes, your so called great detriment of the game, community and developers is completely your opinion and therefore only matters to you, these devs didn't have to make any of the expansions or finish the game while in early access/game preview, they didn't have to make the free maps official to the games so everyone can enjoy them and not just the mod community on the PC side, they didn't have to do the event they hold for official server nor the streaming events for everyone to enjoy but they did, they took time out of their way to make a game enjoyable and not another cash grab like EA and the devs behind COD games or even a game like GTA V where they don't fix anything at all for the online part nor do anything for the storyline, these devs have the dedication and passion to love the game just as much as the community that plays it and yea there's some flaws to this game but i've been around since day one it coming out on steam in early access and have play on official  pvp and pve even after they became legacy and got shut down for newer official servers, i know of the bugs and glitches that happens on the game completely and its either report them in a bug report to get fixed or just deal with it and move on, ark will always be the passion of a game i enjoy and there's quite a few people out there that enjoy it just the same as i do on PC and xbox, i'm even planning on buying the switch version of ark just to try it out and enjoy some old school ark from time to time. so if you think your takes on this game and the community and such are flawless then i think you need to look at your take on it again bruh because it's nowhere near what it should to be considered flawless.

Archived