WildCard totally destroyed ark survival

10 minutes ago, SarahMonette said:

I don't care about Tek or Genesis or aliens or anything.  Wildcard made BEGINNER SERVERS and have been treating these new players like something you poop on.  Why would go out of the way to harass new players?  

Is there criminal developer?  Someone implanted from another company on purpose attacking newbie players?

If you do not want the Beginner Servers than make an announcement that you are closing them and creating new servers from them.  Stop wasting everyone's money and time by not caring about what you have made!

I don't think that's relevant on this post.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/6/2021 at 5:36 PM, disappointedplayer said:

Well i have been playing ark over 1k hours long time a go this game was about taming DINOS DINOS than they added tek well thats was already game changing thing especially tek suits and cryopods ,than in genesis part 1 you literally have MARKET on Survival Game and Finally the most disappointed thing is that wild card instead of finally fixing bugs or a removing or adding seperated sections for SKINS  you gave ppl flipping tek suits early game Well i genuanlly liked this game and i have big hopes that things get tweaked here But for know i am one of thoes ppl who will leave this game

Of course it’s going to seem easy wearing a tek suit running around fighting Platypuses, but if you go visit Rockwell in his corrupted garden you won’t feel so advanced anymore, I know I didn’t lol

Also fun is where you find it, I personally like early game also…at first, but after the 500th fresh start it just becomes a chore and tedious.

Oh and last thing, we are survivors and we have to evolve ☺️🤗

5 hours ago, Zayisha said:

Your Friend is wrong.
Humans are the Survivors. Dinos were brought back by Humans and their Technologie.

What that joke is meant to mean, is that we get to a point where there is no survival aspect to the game. There is no struggle to survive.

Dinos are the ones that struggle to survive, not us.

Wasn't meant to be taken literally :P

On 6/8/2021 at 11:45 AM, Pipinghot said:

The OP didn't say anything about realism, you're making up an imaginary argument to argue against.

No, I'm not, it just appears that way.

I know he didn't say that, which is why I suggested two examples and then said "or whatever preconcieved notion you might have".  That's not me saying he is thinking those things, that's me saying I don't know what he's thinking. But in his first line he said, for example, "a long time ago, this game was about taming DINOS". And like someone else pointed out, it's still about that, and furthermore, the Tek tier was added relatively early in early access. The obelisks were in from the very beginning. So there was always Tek, always aliens, always sci-fi + it's still a dino game. So that's at least one preconcieved notion he got wrong + the whole "now we have cryopods and jetpacks its not survival trololo" is hard to take serious when the obelisks were there from day one.

Ark is still a dino game. Tek was always here. If you thought otherwise, you thought wrong. Acceptance is the only way out. Maybe Ark 2 will be your poison.

50 minutes ago, Fresiki said:

No, I'm not, it just appears that way.

It "appears" that way because that's what happened.

There is nothing, absolutely nothing, anywhere in the OP that so much as hints that realism has anything to do with the OP's complaints, you inserted realism into your counter argument even though it had nothing at all to do with what the OP was saying.

You invented the idea that he was complaining about realism when that's demonstrably untrue. Whether the OP was right or not is immaterial to my reply to you. Whether the OP made good arguments or not is immaterial to my reply to you. The simple fact is you invented something to argue against that the OP never said in the first place. That's a classic red herring and it "appears" that way because that's what you did.

50 minutes ago, Fresiki said:

But in his first line he said, for example, "a long time ago, this game was about taming DINOS". And like someone else pointed out, it's still about that, and furthermore, the Tek tier was added relatively early in early access. The obelisks were in from the very beginning. So there was always Tek, always aliens, always sci-fi + it's still a dino game. So that's at least one preconcieved notion he got wrong + the whole "now we have cryopods and jetpacks its not survival trololo" is hard to take serious when the obelisks were there from day one.

Ark is still a dino game. Tek was always here. If you thought otherwise, you thought wrong. Acceptance is the only way out. Maybe Ark 2 will be your poison.

You have every right to disagree with what the OP said... as long as they actually said it.

You have every right to offer counterarguments to what the OP said... as long as they actually said it.

You have every right to debunk the OP's arguments... as long as they actually made those arguments.

What you don't have is the right to pretend that they made an argument and then argue against that imaginary argument that they never said in the first place. That's a dishonest tactic that deserves to be called out.

2 hours ago, Fresiki said:

Ark is still a dino game. Tek was always here. If you thought otherwise, you thought wrong

So when you first saw Ark years ago when it was just the Island with obelisks, a survival game with dinos, you immediately thought "soon we will be be power rangers with jetpacks and flying space ships shooting lasers guns".

Yea, right.. :P

1 minute ago, Vit0Corleone said:

So when you first saw Ark years ago when it was just the Island with obelisks, a survival game with dinos, you immediately thought "soon we will be be power rangers with jetpacks and flying space ships shooting lasers guns".

Yea, right.. :P

Not exactly like that, but basically yes.

There are a few human beings that are capable of a thing that is called foresight/prediction based on given observations/facts.

Same like you could tell right from the start, that ARK is not taking place on Earth but on a Artificial, flat Enviroment aka Space Station.

1 minute ago, Zayisha said:

Not exactly like that, but basically yes.

There are a few human beings that are capable of a thing that is called foresight/prediction based on given observations/facts.

Same like you could tell right from the start, that ARK is not taking place on Earth but on a Artificial, flat Enviroment aka Space Station.

True, you could tell from the start that the setup is basically enclosed artificial "arks" created and controlled by some alien intelligence.

This is fairly obvious early on when you start playing.

But you don't just go from that to "soon we will be be power rangers with jetpacks and flying space ships shooting lasers guns".

The fact that it is a sci fi tale, says nothing about its direction and how it impacts the game. 

3 minutes ago, Vit0Corleone said:

But you don't just go from that to "soon we will be be power rangers with jetpacks and flying space ships shooting lasers guns".

As said, not exactly like that.

But obviously those Stations where either made by Humans, so we will get our hands on that Technologie at some point,
or
it is some kind of Alien Prison. We are Humans. So we would break free at some point, and reverse engineer/use their own technologie against them.

It is ok-ish if you are not able for this kind of deductive reasoning or prediction imgaination.
But just because you can't, don't project your lack of those Traits/Skills to other people. That does not work. People are different.

6 minutes ago, Zayisha said:

It is ok-ish if you are not able for this kind of deductive reasoning or prediction imgaination.
But just because you can't, don't project your lack of those Traits/Skills to other people. That does not work. People are different.

I'm not projecting anything. I'm explaining why some people are disappointed with the overall direction the game took, which was the point of the OP.

I'm happy that you are a skilled clairvoyant and managed to predict that we will would be flying space ships and shooting lasers, but many players didn't.

1 minute ago, Vit0Corleone said:

I'm explaining why some people are disappointed with the overall direction the game took, which was the point of the OP.

It's ok to be disappointed for those people.

But what purpose is served by making that topic. It is like it is, so they have to deal with it.
And if they don't like it, they always can simply play without the modern stuff/TEK.
Or even install Primitive+. ARK is highly customizeable. I see zero reasons for complaints.

18 minutes ago, Zayisha said:

But what purpose is served by making that topic. It is like it is, so they have to deal with it.

Last I heard, people are perfectly allowed to express their feelings about the direction the game is taking.

Feedback is always a good thing, and usually those that bother doing that ( both positive and negative feedback ) are the ones that really love the game.

7 minutes ago, Vit0Corleone said:

Feedback is always a good thing, and usually those that bother doing that ( both positive and negative feedback ) are the ones that really love the game.

Fedback yes, agreed.

But a Topic named "WildCard totally destroyed ark survival"
followed up by sulk toned rant, demanding the game is reverted back into a state he/she prefers ("i have big hopes that things get tweaked here")
and ending by throwing a tantrum like "i am one of thoes ppl who will leave this game".

That's not what is called "feedback".

Just don’t use Tek if you dislike it? I mean I completely understand why some aren’t fans of the sci-fi direction of the game if they started out more interested in the dinos and primitive survival aspect of the game. 

If you’re one of those people though I really don’t understand why all of that existing in the game is such a massive issue when you can just choose not get into that side of the game. If you prefer the early/mid-game side of things where you’re taming and breeding and running around in whatever gear you’ve managed to scavenge or craft then just… keep doing that.

Virtually everything in game is possible without progressing to Tek tier. Every boss can be beat with dinos and industrial level gear at most (the new Gen 2 boss remains to be seen but I’m fairly confident that statement will hold up) every Genesis mission can be beat without Tek. Sure Tek makes a lot of things easier but you can always just pick and choose what want to use, no one is forcing you to use all or any of it.

Even Gen 2 you can choose to just take off the Exo-suit and just go without it. Will it be more difficult? Sure, but if that’s what you prefer then who cares?

About 7000 hours here, but as someone who did originally buy the game because she went 'ohhh, a game where I can tame dinosaurs?", I don't really agree. Do I prefer the early to mid game kill things with spears and arrows and building up from thatch to stone gameplay? Yes, but it didn't take a genius from, as others in the thread noted, the implant in my characters arm to the floating towers in the sky to reading the explorer notes to catch on that this was a sci-fi/futuristic setting with dinosaurs and other prehistoric animals in it (where else WOULD the prehistoric creatures have come from to be in a place with humans?). The evolution to tek stuff is just natural game progression as the story dictates you start off as a helpless survivor newly awakened on a beach but you survive, improve and then progress to a point where you can challenge the bosses and then the overseer to leave the island and go through the rest of the story maps.

Genesis is you finishing the story and ending your survivor's original journey, so it only makes sense that you have the most tek toys to accomplish that goal. And if it's not your thing...no one is forcing you to use the tek. It's a sandbox game for a reason. If you just like the dinosaur/primitive survival aspect, just keep your stone base (I still build primarily with stone just because I prefer the look of it for building) and breed dinos. They have plenty of mods for single-player and you can uncheck advanced engrams if you don't like them.

And They've said ark 2 won't have tek and will be more primitive survival...which makes sense since we're starting over from scratch on a new planet.

I cannot speak for anyone else, but people that post "Wildcard has Destroyed ARK" are not an authority over what I enjoy. I really don't care about their opinion and their enjoyment, either way.

For myself, If I start a new character on any other map, I have have the new ARK experience. I have total control over my entertainment. It's why I do not play games I do not enjoy, nor do I post of those forums in some vain attempt to get validation for my lack of enjoyment.

Yes it is relevant.  The Beginner Servers are where the new players are coming to learn how to play the mmorpg part of Ark.  The Genesis 2 area is where the old players are coming back from a hiatus.  The old players are not bringing new players into the game.  The old players have spent their money.  This game is box to play.  

Box To Play

That means those who bring money to the game are the new players.

New players go to the beginner servers.

New players talk to other players get them to come on and play ark with them.

Sorry Gen2 has problems.  But it is released now.  They can assign a dev/dev team to patch it up over time.

However no new beginner players are going straight into playing Genesis.  They want TheIsland map.  They bought TheIsland map.  Their computers run TheIsland map.  They will not get to Gen2 until later after some progression.  They start on the BEGINNER SERVERS.  

Go on a beg server and find out for yourself!   Hundreds of Beach Bobs going "how do I pick a berry bush?"

You said the title of this thread was "WildCard totally destroyed ark survival."  And they have by ignoring the new players that would have been this games advertizement.  That would have worked their way up to Gen2 after most it's glitches were fixed.  But Wildcard has abandon the BEGINNER SERVERS completely with no intention of looking back.  This neglect started when devs did not make the first release date.  They must have pulled off whoever was in charge of Beginner and forced them to work on Gen2 or fired them?

Back further and there was strange things going on with the devs on the Beginner servers.  We were getting these constant lag popup messages telling us to "slow down you are going to fast."  Umm, that looks like a direct communication with an individual player through the game interface.  Watching us.  Like creepy stalking watching.  

The Beginner server do not lag at all.  It's the only ark gameplay where over 70 players can join the server and there is no lag.  What are you trying to hide?  

Destroying the Beginner server that play so well is destroying the game itself.  I don't think there is a more relevant answers to "WildCard totally destroyed ark survival."  

This is a new players first impression of the game.  This is where they go to decide to refund Ark back to steam or not.  

I swear there is someone on ark's dev team intentionally trying to destroy this game.  

11 hours ago, GP said:

People saying it was never a dino game. 🤦‍♂️

It is and always has been a dino game. Regardless of whether there is advanced technology in the game or not it is still a dino game.

I have always personally seen  Ark as a dino game with various amounts of sci-fi and fantasy thrown in. Of course, I would prefer a more primitive setting, but like i said in an earlier post, all the tech and fantasy stuff makes things more interesing.

11 hours ago, Vit0Corleone said:

Last I heard, people are perfectly allowed to express their feelings about the direction the game is taking.

I agree, people who don’t like the game just won’t bother saying anything because in order to be passionate you must care about it.

Its like when couples fight all the time and one day one of them just goes silent and stops engaging, because they don’t care enough to get mad anymore☺️

Archived