WildCard totally destroyed ark survival

Well i have been playing ark over 1k hours long time a go this game was about taming DINOS DINOS than they added tek well thats was already game changing thing especially tek suits and cryopods ,than in genesis part 1 you literally have MARKET on Survival Game and Finally the most disappointed thing is that wild card instead of finally fixing bugs or a removing or adding seperated sections for SKINS  you gave ppl flipping tek suits early game Well i genuanlly liked this game and i have big hopes that things get tweaked here But for know i am one of thoes ppl who will leave this game

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Volunteer Moderator
28 minutes ago, disappointedplayer said:

you gave ppl flipping tek suits early game

It's not early game though it is end game. Genesis II is designed for being the map once people have survived the Island and all DLC maps as the story depicts.

The Island is basic/primitive survival (early game), by the time you get to Genesis II you will already be advanced with tek and bosses etc. So it makes sense for an end game map to be more advanced.

Wildcard have certainly not destroyed Ark, they've just progressed their story to the end.

12 hours ago, disappointedplayer said:

Well i have been playing ark over 1k hours long time a go this game was about taming DINOS DINOS than they added tek well thats was already game changing thing especially tek suits and cryopods ,than in genesis part 1 you literally have MARKET on Survival Game and Finally the most disappointed thing is that wild card instead of finally fixing bugs or a removing or adding seperated sections for SKINS  you gave ppl flipping tek suits early game Well i genuanlly liked this game and i have big hopes that things get tweaked here But for know i am one of thoes ppl who will leave this game

funny that something is changing over time ha... 6 years and not allowed to evolve which is literally in the title....

On 6/6/2021 at 3:36 AM, disappointedplayer said:

Everybody hurts.... sometimes....

disappointed-gamer-young-man-sitting-lea

I would imagine that many people if not most have a different idea of what they want Ark to be.

I  agree with you that I want Ark to be a struggle against the elements and prehistoric creatures:  I could leave all that Halo stuff behind - heck, I wouldn't mind if I only had access to technology past the iron age.  So every time I load up Gen 2, the first thing I do is drop the Fed suit and go about my business surviving.  

From what I understand, you can likely make it close to what you want with your own server, and you might find people who agree with your vision to join you.

We can't really help that your expectations of how the game would evolve didn't come to pass. 

I have 5000+ hours played and I love everything about current Ark. Surviving with a bow and arrow isn't "more realistic" and using tek tier isn't "easier" or whatever preconcieved notion you have. On my last metal run I smelted 200,000 metal bars. That's 400,000 ore I gathered beforehand. Then I transferred ALL of it to my main base map. I could never do these things without the Tek transmitter and the industrial forge. 

It sounds to me like you got all you could out of the early game, and that you don't enjoy the further gameplay Ark has to offer. You got 1000 hours out of it. What do you want, to run around and do the exact same thing you did for a 1000 hours again, for another 1000 hours? Why?

Once you move past the stone tier you should be stacking dino mutations and doing bosses. If you don't like that gameplay, how do you turn that into "they ruined the game"? What it is, is, "I don't enjoy this style of gameplay". If you wanna run around with norhing but bow and arrow and live the "Island" life for all eternity, nothing is stopping you btw. I guess at the bottom of it, I just don't understand your perspective.

39 minutes ago, Fresiki said:

We can't really help that your expectations of how the game would evolve didn't come to pass. 

I have 5000+ hours played and I love everything about current Ark. Surviving with a bow and arrow isn't "more realistic" and using tek tier isn't "easier" or whatever preconcieved notion you have. On my last metal run I smelted 200,000 metal bars. That's 400,000 ore I gathered beforehand. Then I transferred ALL of it to my main base map. I could never do these things without the Tek transmitter and the industrial forge. 

It sounds to me like you got all you could out of the early game, and that you don't enjoy the further gameplay Ark has to offer. You got 1000 hours out of it. What do you want, to run around and do the exact same thing you did for a 1000 hours again, for another 1000 hours? Why?

Once you move past the stone tier you should be stacking dino mutations and doing bosses. If you don't like that gameplay, how do you turn that into "they ruined the game"? What it is, is, "I don't enjoy this style of gameplay". If you wanna run around with norhing but bow and arrow and live the "Island" life for all eternity, nothing is stopping you btw. I guess at the bottom of it, I just don't understand your perspective.

Not understanding his perspective doesn't make you right. The example you give, about smelting 200,000 metal bars and transferring with fairy dust, that's the problem some people have. And yes, using a bow and arrow is more realistic than your example. I don't have a problem with you enjoying the game and the direction it took, but to dismiss someone for enjoying the more primitive aspects of the game that used to be, well, I think you come off as ridged.

2 hours ago, olT3lo said:

Not understanding his perspective doesn't make you right. The example you give, about smelting 200,000 metal bars and transferring with fairy dust, that's the problem some people have. And yes, using a bow and arrow is more realistic than your example. I don't have a problem with you enjoying the game and the direction it took, but to dismiss someone for enjoying the more primitive aspects of the game that used to be, well, I think you come off as ridged.

I didn't say I was right, I explained my perspective and stated I don't understand his.

I didn't dismiss his opinion as inviting him to explain it in more elaborate depth should qualify as quite the opposite of that. And for the sake of being accurate, I wasn't dismissing him for enjoying the more primitive aspects of the game, I was challenging the line of thinking that the game is somehow ruined by pointing out the same thing you are pointing out to me, which is something like "that's, like, your opinion man".

4 hours ago, Fresiki said:

Surviving with a bow and arrow isn't "more realistic"

The OP didn't say anything about realism, you're making up an imaginary argument to argue against.

They said they didn't like the changes in game play, never said anything about realism.

4 hours ago, Fresiki said:

...and using tek tier isn't "easier"

Of course it is. Using tek gear is objectively easier than lesser gear.

1 hour ago, Pipinghot said:

Of course it is. Using tek gear is objectively easier than lesser gear.

Agreed. I think the idea is to give the feeling that the survivor is really the master of the Eden zone as you can get away from every danger (except the damn micro raptors still) and no longer need to through the same old steps like...taming a Ptera, building traps to get small/medium or even large sized regular dinos and just feel more of a hunter in control. Then for the real tough times, you get Rockwell's Garden that's as(or more) dangerous as the Aberration red zone where the Tek suit isn't something that will save you a lot of the time and still feel like the small fish

8 hours ago, Fresiki said:

I just don't understand your perspective

His perspective is really simple and shared by lots of people:

What made them come play Ark was the proposition of playing a brutal survival game with dinos. Us against the elements. The "Survivors".

Gen2, as a culmination of the story and devs vision, barely has any "survival" aspect to it, and dinos are mostly just props instead of threats and companions.

It's basically a high-tech power rangers/halo farming game at this point.

Compare this with say, starting fresh on the Island or Aberration and it becomes pretty obvious the big difference. There's a reason why when "best maps" polls are done, Aberration usually comes on top. It's a very good example of how a Survival experience should be.

I guess the devs understand that very well, which is probably why they describe Ark2 as a more primitive game. Going back to its root most likely.

On 6/6/2021 at 9:36 AM, disappointedplayer said:

than they added tek well thats was already game changing thing

...to the better.

"WildCard totally destroyed ark survival"

And that is why? Because of TEK?
Actually no, TEK made a game interesting that would be else absolutely boring with no goal to achive.

Sounds like you are making a problem out of nowhere, where no problem exists at all.
If you don't like to technologically advance after your first surviving steps, no one holds a gun to your head and forces you to do so.

After you build your wood hut with thatch roof, feltched your bow and made yourself a pike... just stop there.
No one forces you to go into gunpowder, industrial Stuff, TEK.

Edit: actually what ARK almost "destroyed" is the fact, that there are Dinos that got hit by a Rocket and are still walking alive, trying to eat you.
More realistic/lethal weapons for ARK 2 please.
An Assault Rifle/Modern Sniper Rifle should make short work out of any Dino/Creature.

I just want to know when the Island loot crates will be banging again so I can put my 1-2 k + hours to use and finally move past The Island. I was close to rolling on the Overseer and had every tame and resource and 90% of all blueprints I would ever need in the bag. I have resisted spawning/cheating stuff in because I don't know exactly what I had and it just seems cheaty to spawn in 342 armor ascendent dire bear saddles and such. But...I really want to get on with this and my journey keeps failing through no fault of my own. Maybe it's time to cheat, but just like my re-do of imprinting yuty, you can't cheat in everything. I now have 71% imprints instead of the 100% I had because I got bored and explored and forgot. I remembered the last time. This crap sucks. How about some love for we Xbox single players...or at least a little acknowledgment that we exist and have issues.  This is not my first time of losing everything on console single player...sort of.  My first run, on PS4, kept experiencing a game crash error that no one seemed to know the exact cause of. Hardware issues? PS4 issues? Far be it to say Ark issues?  Without knowing exactly, I decided to stop reliving the last 30 minutes of gameplay and try on a different console. I ended up purchasing 2 complete game packages. Come on...some would say to make a ticket. How would I know if this is even a bug unless someone says there is an issue? 

7 hours ago, Vit0Corleone said:

His perspective is really simple and shared by lots of people:

What made them come play Ark was the proposition of playing a brutal survival game with dinos. Us against the elements. The "Survivors".

Gen2, as a culmination of the story and devs vision, barely has any "survival" aspect to it, and dinos are mostly just props instead of threats and companions.

It's basically a high-tech power rangers/halo farming game at this point.

Compare this with say, starting fresh on the Island or Aberration and it becomes pretty obvious the big difference. There's a reason why when "best maps" polls are done, Aberration usually comes on top. It's a very good example of how a Survival experience should be.

I guess the devs understand that very well, which is probably why they describe Ark2 as a more primitive game. Going back to its root most likely.

Sure it might be shared by others but its still wrong. 

It was never a "dino" game. Yes, there's dinos in it but you literally saw giant alien obelisks and an impossible sci fi implant in your arm. 

32 minutes ago, d1nk said:

Yes, there's dinos in it

Yes, there are.

Your comment represents very well the current state.

Previously, Ark was all about survival with dinos. Now the dinos are .. just there 🙂

35 minutes ago, d1nk said:

you literally saw giant alien obelisks and an impossible sci fi implant in your arm

Sure, that is the setup. But it's a big stretch, for someone that starts playing Ark, imagining that you go from mysterious obelisks and implants to power rangers high tech fantasy.

As a friend said some time ago, in Ark we aren't the survivors, the Dinos are 😉

The appeal, for a lot of people, was immersing themselves on a dino survival game, which isn't what Ark has become.

But again, there is no right or wrong here, it's a matter of taste and what people enjoy or not.

1 hour ago, d1nk said:

Sure it might be shared by others but its still wrong. 

It was never a "dino" game. Yes, there's dinos in it but you literally saw giant alien obelisks and an impossible sci fi implant in your arm. 

An opinion, 'wrong'. Sure dude. Never a dino game.. ok. Not sure you are the person to be calling others wrong.

I play official PvE and wild card haven't went far enough, I want to transfer all my end game tames from the island a tear this place up. Also in doing this I will no longer have to maintain a huge pointless island base.

This sounds sarcastic but honestly it isn't. 

I now realise the sarcastic disclaimer makes it sound more sarcastic but...

Tienes razón pero parece que les da igual tu ya has pagado que era lo que buscaban ,ahora todo lo demás no les importa incluso se alegrarán de que dejes de jugar así hay sitio para que jueguen otros pero lo peor es que sigue sin haber sitio en los servidores.

Animo compañero quizá la próxima vez será mejor no confiar en wilcard

3 hours ago, Vit0Corleone said:

As a friend said some time ago, in Ark we aren't the survivors, the Dinos are 😉

Your Friend is wrong.
Humans are the Survivors. Dinos were brought back by Humans and their Technologie.
Tbh which doesn't make sense. If you create an ARK to start over again, you don't include predetor type of creatures. Only Species that are usefull to Humans and not dangerous (like Rex, Wolfes, Sabertooth, etc.). Including Dinos was only a Marketing Joke, but nothing that would make sense deploying common sense in the actual Story.

3 hours ago, olT3lo said:

An opinion, 'wrong'. Sure dude. Never a dino game.. ok. Not sure you are the person to be calling others wrong.

That oppinion is correct on complys with reality.
It was never a Dino Game. Obelisks and Implants were there from the start. Unlogically Dinos were just implemented to attract Kids.

I don't care about Tek or Genesis or aliens or anything.  Wildcard made BEGINNER SERVERS and have been treating these new players like something you poop on.  Why would go out of the way to harass new players?  

Is there criminal developer?  Someone implanted from another company on purpose attacking newbie players?

If you do not want the Beginner Servers than make an announcement that you are closing them and creating new servers from them.  Stop wasting everyone's money and time by not caring about what you have made!

Archived