Anyone figured out the drop color/asteroid meaning?

neoblackheart

So from what I can tell the color of the drops match up toward what asteroids are spawning or at least thats what i have seen over the past 10 or so jumps. Each time you jump you get a new colored Drop and from what I have seen the specific color of drop matches up to what asteroids spawn.

I am trying to figure out how to tell when certain things pop up outside like Oil or Ambergrip/Blackpearls cause I need to try and get some Mutagel.

35 minutes ago, neoblackheart said:

So from what I can tell the color of the drops match up toward what asteroids are spawning or at least thats what i have seen over the past 10 or so jumps. Each time you jump you get a new colored Drop and from what I have seen the specific color of drop matches up to what asteroids spawn.

I am trying to figure out how to tell when certain things pop up outside like Oil or Ambergrip/Blackpearls cause I need to try and get some Mutagel.

So I just watched this and found how how to get Ambergris, Element Dust, Element Shards, Element, Mutagel, and Black Pearls: 

Then I watched this to find out how to get oil: 

1 hour ago, neoblackheart said:

well yeah I know WHERE its at its just a matter of sorting out when it actually spawns cause the asteroids spawn every time you come out of hyperspace and they rotate.

The videos say after midnight, one said 12:30AM. That's when they switch.

Edit: I just passed time to 24:30 and it disappeared until 1:30AM when the biome came back and was different. (Viewing the oil video a second time made me remember she said exactly this).

Yes I know that as well the problem is the Astroid Field is random. or sorta random its not the same field every time you can't go out there and get oil all the time. All I have found that spawns constantly out there is metal the other resources cycle between jumps Thats what i am trying to figure out which jump leads to which resource or do you have to fly across the map every time just to check.

43 minutes ago, neoblackheart said:

Yes I know that as well the problem is the Astroid Field is random. or sorta random its not the same field every time you can't go out there and get oil all the time. All I have found that spawns constantly out there is metal the other resources cycle between jumps Thats what i am trying to figure out which jump leads to which resource or do you have to fly across the map every time just to check.

Right, it is random. I also agree, I've only seen very many metal and obsidian spawns, while nearly everything else is minimal. I didn't have a problem finding the element & shards crystals and I did see another with plenty of element dust. However, looking for oil was nearly impossible. I finally found some and it was sparse, but then I found an asteroid that had plenty of nodes on it. I found the one that's supposed to spawn black pearls, but there were none. There were no gems either. I've also only rarely seen any creatures there. I'm thinking this might be a bug, I'm going to post about it in the Gen2 bugs section and see if anyone else has run into this.

Archived