Questions about Mutagen

L4D2

On 7/14/2021 at 12:40 PM, STUL said:

oh i just read it was patched about using mutagel, thanks for the info but does that mean use have to use 100s of mutagen per dino, cos that would be mad farming and in a small tribe of 2 dangerous in space lol

yes the mutagel use for boosting dino has been patched, now you can only do it with mutagen, and yes it takes about 100 per dino, last time i checked it was 93 for a reaper, that's 12400 mutagel just to boost one dino,

i tried different methods, i get the same yield using punch or pick, but it is very slow you have to empty your inventory constantly, using a stryder gets you less mutagel per rock but it is much faster once linked to a dedi storage, the problem is people on my server complain you waste ressources when farming mutagel with a stryder, so i stopped using it, they use mantis with pick, which seems to be the best yield per rock, i haven't tried mantis yet so i don't know how much mutagel you get 

1 hour ago, L4D2 said:

yes the mutagel use for boosting dino has been patched, now you can only do it with mutagen, and yes it takes about 100 per dino, last time i checked it was 93 for a reaper, that's 12400 mutagel just to boost one dino,

The actual count of MutiOintment is based on the tame itself. Obviously, the top dinos will require more. On the plus side, you can max out a Bulbdog for just a few!!!!

In all seriousness, I only consider using Mutigen on new tames I get to start a new breeding line I have not pursued. I would not waste it on a garbage tame that I would not breed. For instance, I never worked up a breeding line on owls. 

4 hours ago, Ganelon said:

The actual count of MutiOintment is based on the tame itself.

ok , make sense actually

, so far i only used gel on rock drakes, and it was around 100 too like reapers so i assumed it was more or less always around 100, i did it too on two mantis, but i don't remember how many it took.

anyway considering the grinding required to mine 10k mutagel, i think i am only going to use it on non breedable dinos like reapers

• 2 months later...

Archived