Questions about Mutagen

L4D2

• Joebl0w13 changed the title to Questoins about Mutagen

Considering that wildcards goal with this map seems to be to destroy any longevety the game has by handing players everything they need  with minimal work,  this item seems to be designed to make breeding completely obsolete. So, assuming the worst here, it probably traansfers to the offspring.

Why am i unhappy about this? Because ark 2 is still a ways off, and genesis 2 is going to rapidly destroy the longevity of the game possibly well before ark 2 is ready for Early access if they choose to go that rout (hopefully they will because the wait time for the full release of ark 2 is many years out given wildcards track record with release dates in the past.)  

• L4D2 changed the title to Questions about Mutagen

does the mutagen add in 20lvls per stat or divide the 20lvls up between the 4 stats it effects (health, stam, weight and melee). because if it divides the 20 lvls up then thats 5 lvls for each stat. i do agree on the idea that WC has handed alot of stuff to us without any effort put in. i like the idea of the mutagen. its a great item to use on non breedable creatures. and i hope the stats can be transferred through breeding.

On 6/5/2021 at 5:32 PM, L4D2 said:

from what i understand you can use it on tamed dinos but not bred ones, but once your tamed dino got its mutagen boost, do the new stats gets transferred to offspring or is it just the base stat that gets transferred (like imprint boost doesn't transfer)

the new stats do get transfered last i checked but DONT USE MUTAGEN! use mutagel, it does the exact same thing at the same amount required (80-90 mutagel) except you dont need to gather 800 of an uncommon resource to make 6 of it. using mutagen instead of mutagel is an insane waste.

On 6/5/2021 at 8:28 PM, RealNomad said:

Considering that wildcards goal with this map seems to be to destroy any longevety the game has by handing players everything they need  with minimal work,  this item seems to be designed to make breeding completely obsolete. So, assuming the worst here, it probably traansfers to the offspring.

Why am i unhappy about this? Because ark 2 is still a ways off, and genesis 2 is going to rapidly destroy the longevity of the game possibly well before ark 2 is ready for Early access if they choose to go that rout (hopefully they will because the wait time for the full release of ark 2 is many years out given wildcards track record with release dates in the past.)  

I really don't understand this complaint. If you're playing officials then you could already immediately progress to endgame prior to Gen 2 with almost no work, either by joining an existing tribe or if you're playing pve just easily trade for top stat lines.

If doing that ruins the game for you, then just choose not to play that way. If you want to progress more slowly then just play through at your own pace. Don't like the shortcuts added by gen 2? Just don't use them. Think the Exo suit is OP to start with? Then just take it off and craft regular armor. No one is forcing you to play in the most efficient meta way.

17 hours ago, TigerH99 said:

the new stats do get transfered last i checked but DONT USE MUTAGEN! use mutagel, it does the exact same thing at the same amount required (80-90 mutagel) except you dont need to gather 800 of an uncommon resource to make 6 of it. using mutagen instead of mutagel is an insane waste.

thank for letting us know, so the stat do transfer and you can use mutagel instead of mutagen, if  it is true this is probably going to be  patch soon

Not sure if Single player settings are different somehow, but I mutated a Giga then bred it. The stats transferred to the newborn which I then also mutated. However when I bred the new mutated Giga again, it didn't get the mutation buff from the parent. So basically, you can can mutate a breeding line twice in total.

17 hours ago, KingOfAshes said:

Not sure if Single player settings are different somehow, but I mutated a Giga then bred it. The stats transferred to the newborn which I then also mutated. However when I bred the new mutated Giga again, it didn't get the mutation buff from the parent. So basically, you can can mutate a breeding line twice in total.

mutagen and mutagel cant be used on bred creatures. 

11 hours ago, KingOfAshes said:

Well, what can I tell you, it worked in single player on console on multiple bred creature types. Try it and see

The wiki says mutagel only levels up the current dino and doesn't affect its base stats. I.E. using mutagel won't pass on the improved stats to babies, but mutagen will.

Did you test that with mutagel?

does mutagel/gen affects the chances of having mutation,

here is the situation, i got a maewing that i boosted with mutagel when it was still possible, i breed it with an other regular maewing and i got 3 mutations at once,

i know that it is possible to have 3 mutations, the wiki says

For each offspring up to three mutations can occur, each with a 2.5% chance, assuming both parents are eligible to receive a mutation. If multiple mutations occur, they may affect the same or different stats.

The probability for at least one mutation in an offspring whose parents both have less than 20 matrilineal and patrilineal mutations is 7.31%, for at least two mutations it is 0.184% and for three mutations the probability 0.00156%.

but it is extremely unlikely (0.00156%)

the reason i am mentioning mutagel is because i "mutageled" a couple of mantis too and i i also got mutation on the offspring more than i used to have, note that i am not breeding one male with 50+ female, it is just one male one female

here is the picture of the result

so i think i got 3 mutations on hpas my best hp was 34 and now the offspring has 40 points in hp

3mut.jpg

Capture d’écran 2021-06-18 121923.jpg

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, Herbapou said:

From what I can see the amount of mutagel farming to boost a wield tame is insane.  The need around 90 mutagen which is 72 000 mutagel...  I dont see how you could farm that on official servers...

(90 / 6) * 800 = 12,000. You get 6 Mutagen when you craft it in the Chem Bench, not only 1.

1 hour ago, Herbapou said:

Yep indeed.  That's still a lot to farm on asteroids. 

Seems like a ridiculous amount to farm for a couple extra levels in various stats, some possibly being a waste depending on the creature.

I get that its an optional thing, but the payoff does not seem worth the effort.

If you could choose exactly how to allocate all 20 levels then it might be worthwhile. 

Archived