Ark 2 will be Primarily Primitive-themed

Joebl0w13

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/5/2022 at 1:37 PM, ZulunSurvives said:

Funny how you guys talks about ARK2 as if it is exact same game as ARK1 but with tek and First person stripped away.

Guys, its a new game, not a  new map or a dlc, or so I believe( looking at Atlas).  They could easly add every single Ark 1 system without touching TEK, including crypods system.

On the current game we got a creature version for almost every Tech added to the game. Need a fridge? Got hyenas. Need an AC? Got Dimetrodon. Need a forge? Got Magmasaurs. Need turrets? Got velonas, golens, chalico, etc. They could do the same thing to the missing systems such as Crypods, but still we are looking to a NEW game for ark2, with new rules, values and points of interest.

Its pointless to discuss ingame systems if we havent seen anything on it yet. We dont know how different everything will be or how meaningful something was in ARK1 that isnt anymore in ARK2. All we got right now is aesthetics and theme intentions.

Yea a lot of things can be done without Tek.

LIke lower food consumption for tames and low spoil rate of food in trough. no need of fridge om snow or ice biomes and similar

Btw do you know tame who could cause that structures last 30+ days before decay and what tame i could use to store 540k ingots instead of tek dedicated storage?

On 9/25/2022 at 10:05 AM, Noa said:

Yea a lot of things can be done without Tek.

LIke lower food consumption for tames and low spoil rate of food in trough. no need of fridge om snow or ice biomes and similar

Btw do you know tame who could cause that structures last 30+ days before decay and what tame i could use to store 540k ingots instead of tek dedicated storage?

Dont think you got what I said. I just gave  examples  of stuff done  in the current  game without  introducing  a higher tier of techonology. The same solution could be applied to any in game tech if needed/wanted.

For ARK2 if they wanted what you asked for WC could just tweak some numbers 😃 .

As I said before, stop thinking about ark 2 as  it's ARK1 without TEK tier or first person. It is a sequel not a DLC, everything is possible.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/25/2022 at 1:59 AM, raptureyourwildheart said:

I hate modern technology so this is fine with me.

Oh really? You do use a fridge? A stove? I really hope you're not living out in the woods right now, naked,  punching deer and eating meat raw as you grunt unintelligibly. You see, "modern" is a matter of perspective. Also, pretty much everything us humans have made is "modern" in the general sense of the universe, since it's been around for billions of years, and we're just a little blip in history. :) 

(by the way, please don't take this too seriously-I just enjoy messing with people)

Good luck, and happy ARKing! 

• 2 months later...

I don't like the idea of getting rid of the tek grams I think its just cause of all the complaints about it. But if you fixed the game like all the lag constantly getting dc and it's rlly annoying when your just playing to have a little fun or if you just get on to feed dinos and have not been on in like a week cause you want to take a break you get dc and some dinos die I mean it may have not happened to anyone else but I lost my female boss rex this way 

On 12/28/2022 at 5:31 PM, Lyla11 said:

I don't like the idea of getting rid of the tek grams I think its just cause of all the complaints about it. But if you fixed the game like all the lag constantly getting dc and it's rlly annoying when your just playing to have a little fun or if you just get on to feed dinos and have not been on in like a week cause you want to take a break you get dc and some dinos die I mean it may have not happened to anyone else but I lost my female boss rex this way 

Its a hard balance point. The maintenance aspect of the game was actually one of the most enjoyable aspects for me as odd as it sounds. Waking up, having a couple cups of coffee and restocking my feeding troughs, generators, etc...

It was actually a very enjoyable morning ritual for me and in my most active days its what kept me from losing interest in the game. It created a feeling of attachment to your things that I never felt in other games.

Players absolutely do need to be able to take longer breaks without losing everything though. 

On 8/1/2021 at 7:40 PM, Avisrex said:

Lore wise, how did we get to the planet ark two is on?

What would we see?

Stryders, Exo-suits, The vessels that brought us to the planet

the ring that was the gen 2 map.

I fail to see, story wise, how they would go from all that technology to "Unga bunga how can we possibly defeat these new Orc looking things?"

especially Santiago given his tech genius, the inventor of the Mech and the stryders.

unless everyone in those vessels are legit cavemen who can't comprehend the technology, there should be no excuse for why tek is excluded.

At the very least like break down broken tek you find and makes metal tools out of it. Bring us to the gun tier if we can't go to tek.

I don't even use tek outside of the Generator. I'm happy mid tier with my pistol and metal tools. If Ark two decides a society of the future will degrade back to hunting and gathering then what's the difference from ark 1 beach bobs? Better graphics?

"Ah yeah spent 60 bucks to do the same exact thing as the last game but hey at least I look good doing it."

We got a lot of potential in ark 2, don't squander it.

SInce Santiago was a part of the Element-fueled Earth and he also fought in the Tek War, I'm assuming it's not a lack of intelligence, but self-control. After hundreds of years of corruption on Earth; I'm assuming the lack of tek is from the survivors not wanting to repeat history. 

I do agree that the pods and the ring should be incorporated into the game as resource drops, or since they added the structure template and BP mechanic that I suggested, they could probably use the Colony Ring as a main hub for information for that sharing. And when you spawn in, you drop down in another pod and have a chance to grab some miscellaneous items or the skins that you spawn with in Ark 1.

Ark 2 should be more primitively designed, but it should compensate for the lack of forwards progression with sideways progression as in bone tools becoming better with different dino bones, or changing fiber to vines or sinew, or if we have different kinds of metal we should be able to swap out the types of metal (the durability or damage should change based on the obtainability or the realistic qualities of the actual metal so gold would be worse than iron or steel would be made with said iron and bones).

2 hours ago, Dodge2134 said:

Ark 2 should be more primitively designed, but it should compensate for the lack of forwards progression with sideways progression as in bone tools becoming better with different dino bones, or changing fiber to vines or sinew, or if we have different kinds of metal we should be able to swap out the types of metal (the durability or damage should change based on the obtainability or the realistic qualities of the actual metal so gold would be worse than iron or steel would be made with said iron and bones).

Well I dont know if it will be done with dino bones or metals, but I think sideways progression is exactly what we are looking at based on a statement made during one of wildcards press releases:

Source: Ark 2 Sounds Like a Very Different Game to the Original Ark: Survival Evolved - IGN

• "COMPONENT-BASED ITEM CRAFTING - Construct weapons and tools from a range of distinct modules to customize their look and functionality -- millions of possible combinations enable players to craft their own unique gear! Specific materials will further affect the appearance of items, with multiple resource options in unique regions of the world."

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/6/2023 at 11:50 AM, Logan96 said:

Well I dont know if it will be done with dino bones or metals, but I think sideways progression is exactly what we are looking at based on a statement made during one of wildcards press releases:

Source: Ark 2 Sounds Like a Very Different Game to the Original Ark: Survival Evolved - IGN

• "COMPONENT-BASED ITEM CRAFTING - Construct weapons and tools from a range of distinct modules to customize their look and functionality -- millions of possible combinations enable players to craft their own unique gear! Specific materials will further affect the appearance of items, with multiple resource options in unique regions of the world."

This was actually a mechanic I suggested back in like April or May of last year, and not to say I’m surprised they added it (it’s a mechanic I’m surprised WC didn’t add to Ark 1 already) but the dino bones and metals example was just the one I used back then. You’re probably completely right and it’ll likely be much more different than I said.

• Volunteer Moderator
20 minutes ago, Noa said:

Component based item crafting mean it will be a lot harder to get top item, Now is hard with random success rate of avatar with full crafting skills but blue print quality is your savior. I guess top quality blue print will not help you in Ark 2, you will need hilarious quality components to get any success. 

We shall see. So much unknown right now. 

7 hours ago, Noa said:

Component based item crafting mean it will be a lot harder to get top item, Now is hard with random success rate of avatar with full crafting skills but blue print quality is your savior. I guess top quality blue print will not help you in Ark 2, you will need hilarious quality components to get any success. 

bruh we do not know anything about the game right now so calm yourself.

Archived