Ark 2 will be Primarily Primitive-themed

Joebl0w13

Lore wise, how did we get to the planet ark two is on?

What would we see?

Stryders, Exo-suits, The vessels that brought us to the planet

the ring that was the gen 2 map.

I fail to see, story wise, how they would go from all that technology to "Unga bunga how can we possibly defeat these new Orc looking things?"

especially Santiago given his tech genius, the inventor of the Mech and the stryders.

unless everyone in those vessels are legit cavemen who can't comprehend the technology, there should be no excuse for why tek is excluded.

At the very least like break down broken tek you find and makes metal tools out of it. Bring us to the gun tier if we can't go to tek.

I don't even use tek outside of the Generator. I'm happy mid tier with my pistol and metal tools. If Ark two decides a society of the future will degrade back to hunting and gathering then what's the difference from ark 1 beach bobs? Better graphics?

"Ah yeah spent 60 bucks to do the same exact thing as the last game but hey at least I look good doing it."

We got a lot of potential in ark 2, don't squander it.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

right here i see the problem that every company has when trying to rely totally on user feedback.
if you personally hate/got rekt by a megalodon/mek/raptor multiple times it will end up in a post complaining about it being op.
tek it's supossed to be the end-game not something you should have inmediatly *cough* genesis 2 *cough*  , still perphaps limiting how much powerful tek is compaired to regular stuff may be a nice way to balance it.
or just make the usual regular stuff (assault rifles , snipers , crossbows) mid tech weaps quite more powerful so they're not completely helpless against tek
in ark 2 regards i mean. tek should obviously be an adventage but not so much that you obliterate anything in your path

I still want my issues addressed...

this isn't just a bunch of people on a thatch raft going to a new island.

We're on a new planet, we needed tek to get there.

The remains of that tek will still be there and possibly used.

We the player survived too and tamed things and utilized the exo-mek.

Who is gonna abandon a harvest stryder for unga bunga stone hatchet?

If you crash a plane do you use what is on the plane or do you go "Oh well, time to rip my cloths off and go find animal hide."

On 8/7/2021 at 9:21 AM, AUTO6 said:

Good, ARK 2 should be primitive. If you like tek in ARK there will probably be some DLCs for ARK 2 in the future with more sci-fi stuff.

What sort of DLC though? We got some free ones like Rag then we got paid like Scorch and co.

Adding tek via DLC like that makes it sorta pay to win depending on what they do with DLCs.

Also how do we go from Sci-fi people in space pods and a biome ring to unga bunga time?

Did they preserve technicians, scientists, farmers, and builders... or a bunch of cave people? who were in those pods that went to the planet?

Also Santiago is a brilliant mind that made the stryders and the mechs... why is he living like a tribal instead of making walkers or something to aid his people?

I feel like they gotta explain why things are how they are before going full primitive and such.

And before the people from my exploit topic come in here, I am not for tek, I personally stay mid tier with my pistol and metal tools. I'm just wondering why the story is going the way it has, we learn the arks are floating in space, element is tied to what happed, things get more and more technological as the story progresses then we got to ark 2 and it is back to spears and stone tools... what happened?

On 8/12/2021 at 4:31 AM, ForzaProiettile said:

I'd like to see in ARK 2 an end to gimmicky instant win features that remove strategy from the game. The Snow Owl  and the TEK Parasaur in particular took away a lot of the stealth gameplay one could do in PVP. Same too for xray vision goggles and scopes. Keep the human skill factor in the game.

Normal para did what tek could too.

just you could breed them for scrap metal and element dust.

Owls I mainly used for healing but their vision I see being an issue. Otherwise it is a Daeodon with cryotherapy healing and flies.

• Volunteer Moderator
On 8/12/2021 at 3:31 AM, ForzaProiettile said:

I'd like to see in ARK 2 an end to gimmicky instant win features that remove strategy from the game. The Snow Owl  and the TEK Parasaur in particular took away a lot of the stealth gameplay one could do in PVP. Same too for xray vision goggles and scopes. Keep the human skill factor in the game.

Hope this happens. Parasaur ruined PVP for me.

I hope they keep tek out of it. It made sense for the end game of Ark (and especially the later expansions) but the ship *crashes* on the new planet. Sure you could scrap metal from the evacuation pods but there's no guarantee the technology would be fully functional after the crash and story-wise you could explain it by saying there's an environmental condition on the new planet (whether it be electromagnetic or otherwise that doesn't allow it to fully function). It doesn't have to 'unga bunga hatchet' from beginning to end. Primitive plus added a ton of great in-between tiers (and a hell of a lot more building and decoration tools) if they added more content that way so it wasn't just thatch- wood- stone- metal- SCI FI TEK! it would far more interesting. You can have metal and forges without jumping to space ships and tek rifles.

I actually enjoyed unlocking tek tier and then flying around like superman. After struggling in the wilderness and overcoming all the challenges, it felt like a huge payoff to be a badass Ironman thanks to all my hard work.  It did change alot of aspects of the game for the worse though from the pvp side of things

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/9/2021 at 1:51 AM, Avisrex said:

What sort of DLC though? We got some free ones like Rag then we got paid like Scorch and co.

Adding tek via DLC like that makes it sorta pay to win depending on what they do with DLCs.

Also how do we go from Sci-fi people in space pods and a biome ring to unga bunga time?

Did they preserve technicians, scientists, farmers, and builders... or a bunch of cave people? who were in those pods that went to the planet?

Also Santiago is a brilliant mind that made the stryders and the mechs... why is he living like a tribal instead of making walkers or something to aid his people?

I feel like they gotta explain why things are how they are before going full primitive and such.

And before the people from my exploit topic come in here, I am not for tek, I personally stay mid tier with my pistol and metal tools. I'm just wondering why the story is going the way it has, we learn the arks are floating in space, element is tied to what happed, things get more and more technological as the story progresses then we got to ark 2 and it is back to spears and stone tools... what happened?

I agree with this ARK without tek is not an ARK.

Iconic part of ark even with that/wooden/stone tier it was that in the distance "you could feel SyFy". It was map with crazy TEK elements spread across the arks.

I could see ARK2 players spawning in their own cryopods in random places, which will run out of element and cease to function = can't download any blueprints/engrams so you have to make them up from scratch again.

I would love and suspect we will see parts of TEK being reused in primitive way, look at santiago axe and spear skin. It has TEK part of blade and primitive rest. Looks like salvaging old tech will be big part of the game.

I could see a lot of TEK stuff being scattered around the world, explorable like some ancient tech-ruins. Even tek stryders laying around. Instead of beacons you could have these life-boats to loot from It would add a lot of depth into the game too, scouting around the alien planet in search of original engrams.

And element? Its everywhere, there are 2 moons who knows maybe 1 is full of element. Makes me wonder how creatures like Ferox will work there, maybe evolve enough to control this transformation or find alternative source of element on the planet.

We will tame monkey parasites and they will auto produce  enormous quantity of element, shards and dust from the air.

During travel to new planet (gen2) we learn advanced technology allowing us to create advanced tek with les element and other resources to craft it.

Letting parasites to destroy other people pillars will be ban able offence (if we can prove about whos parasites did that lol).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This is the first good news I have seen in a long time about Ark 2.

I no longer play Ark, but I remember the best times I had in the game where before metal/tek tier. Who says primitive pvp can't be fun? Fun is subjective of course, but I always enjoyed the wilderness skirmishes more than base combat, especially when it didn't involve sniper rifles and tek rifles. Base combat is just boring turret drain, suicide rocket launchers, C4 spam and what all that stuff.

Stone hatchets, arrows and spears all the way!

If the game is to have bosses, the fights should be more interactive than just push with your 2 year rex line and a yuty/daeodon. Also changing base raiding from "drain turrets, suicide with rockets/c4 and wipe all of someone's hard work while they are sleeping because you found their rathole and raiding isn't balanced" to actually using dinos to defend, like having a pack of raptors to harrass an enemy army, thylas/allos to bleed and act as a big fighting force, stegos to tank/slow down attackers and better ORP-type stuff. And base building shouldn't just be "find the most hidden and busted rathole ever, flood it with the most turrets you have ever seen that will hopefully make the attackers disconnect and pray that you dont get wiped whenever you go to sleep" to setting up clever traps to stun/damage/ko enemy players or dinos, maybe there could be SOME turrets but it should mainly be dinos/clever structure usage, having pounce dinos hidden that can dispatch mounted players and just take more strategy in general. imagine if you could actually train your tames to defend your base in certain ways (such as setting patrol routes and alarms n stuff)

and there really doesn't need to be op tek.

22 hours ago, Mangost said:

and there really doesn't need to be op tek.

Wildcard introducing special "pvp only" tame to take care of tek.

Its monkey poop thrower like we had from start just this one is a bit bigger.

Yea fix could be to remove all pvp tames and stop nerfing and patching the game  because of pvp.

Than monkey would be more useful in collecting gacha crystals than to serve only for pvp.

Archived