Beginner Servers

Tikki

Please stop ignoring the needs of the Beginner Servers Wildcard.

We have had our level cap reduced from 44 to 19.  We lost our chibi levels.  We cannot open supply drops.  We cannot tame pets.  Our engrams are reduced to making thatch huts with stone implements only.  There are no tranq arrows.  We never got a wipe.  We never got told why we did not get a wipe or if there would be future wipes.

6 hours ago, SarahMonette said:

We have had our level cap reduced from 44 to 19.  We lost our chibi levels.  We cannot open supply drops.  We cannot tame pets.  Our engrams are reduced to making thatch huts with stone implements only.  There are no tranq arrows.  We never got a wipe.  We never got told why we did not get a wipe or if there would be future wipes.

Wait really Sarah? Did they really implement all these nasty changes to beginner servers?

I'm currently stuck at level 19, just started playing this a week ago"idk what's going on, still catching up on the tube". I was able to make stone buildings and was getting ready to and then a  huge update came and made it so I can't make tranq arrows or stone buildings (anything over 19).. Should I just not worry about playing with others? From what I understand, to transfer character it has to be in official doesn't it? 

I also started on Beginner a few days ago. Shame they lowered the level cap idd :D
Its pretty possible they knew I was and what I was doing, so they would have lowered the level cap anyway. Even though I think it might be more probable they are just lazy and I dont think they really know what they are doing and that they lowered the level cap on purpose for specific reasons. They should have beginner servers a lot more costumized to get used to specific elements in the game. Things like making tranq arrows is now impossible. 

A lot of people on Beginner wherent really using it for its purpose. I was more a "game-mode"
There are official game-modes allready.
Above that there are tons of unofficial servers with a lot of settings to match the "feeling" beginner servers can give.

Above all I would hope they would use a smaller map, maybe from community- created content, specifically made to get used to specific elements in the game.
Eg. Cave run, a mini-boss, etc.

13 hours ago, SarahMonette said:

Couldn’t agree more. Those were big unexpected changes... the PS4 beginner server was full and very healthy. This change killed it.. it’s lame for existing players and since they didn’t wipe, it’s unfair for new players at level 19 while there are stone and metal bases everywhere.

19 is too basic for any fun. 

if the point of the change was to stop players playing... they did well. I know they are intended for “new players” but the 44 lvl cap was also great was casual players like me looking to have fun.

Doesn't matter to me anymore.  I quit.  I'm not playing a game where gov will not respond to patron.  Some people like the tek tier but I hated it.  I think Primitive Plus Official Mod (lower right corner of your loading screen) was suppose to be for players like me but it never worked.  I loved all the animals in this game but I hate the way at higher levels (tek tier) we all start going our separate ways.  No one has anything in common anymore.  

I'm out.

• 3 weeks later...

And we still get no response. 

It´is very unrespectful with a lot of players that love the "classical" ark without tek and gigas.
Max lvl 44 we have so different dinos to use, different tactics, beacon rush to get the BPs... it´s what i love in this game.

But we have NO RESPONSE, NO INFORMATION.... please respect us and give us something!

On 6/5/2021 at 12:21 PM, SarahMonette said:

It´s my words too

Archived