Hide on the island, 700,000 more to go?

wizard03

So before the update, I had gotten a ascendant theri saddle BP for 103.9% armor {nice!} But the requirements are absolutely bonkers. 40,000 hide per saddle! Also fiber, metal, wood, yadda yadda, but those are small potatoes as I can super easily harvest all the in a timely manner. However the hide is probably the biggest issue.

Sticking to just the island, its engrams, and its creatures, give me an idea of how you would go about harvesting 700,000 hide to deck out all of your theri's for boss fights.

Current tools I have at my disposal:
Boss fighting theri's. {their ability to gather nothing but hide is awesome, but slow.
A rex with 2,000 melee: One shots everything, thought about going affter a titano.
Mosa + basil: Last ring around the island, I harvested 5000 hide from plesi's, mosas, leeds, and basils. Still slow AF
A simple imprinted thylo: smashing caves seems to give 1k hide?
Imprinted yuty: Snow cave gives less than 1k hide. x.x
Multiple ascention grade BP's, and lots of resources.....Only broodmother grade tek engrams, nothing more.

One last bit of info, I have the breeding and matureing rates cranked up for 10 minute rex's.....maybe just cheese it a bit and run a non stop breeding operation with ovis's? 
And last question, which animal provides the most hide? Is it the sheep, a bronto, a duck???

High melee level theris with the right harvesting (forget which one it is) are definitely the best source of hide in the game. On small tribes rates they can get slot cap of hide every 30 min or so. Maybe faster. A lot of things give good hide, any of the big dinos, snakes give more than they seem, also jerboas for some reason, phiomia give a lot, parasaur pretty good.

2 hours ago, Darkholis said:

I usually farm the swamp cave for my hide. Trivial to do and yields a solid amount as well as an endless supply of chitin for CP.

Yeah, I got ungodly amounts of CP. If the BP asked for CP, Id been done by now XD
But right as of right now, its looking like a month long endevor in the waters. Just spent about 6 hours and managed to gather 15k hide. Of course I got side tracked. Killed a bunch of basils, tamed two of em {gonna have a west water cave smasher when Im done!} and died a couple times due to this or that.

Seems to be my best method thus far, but at only 15k hide a day, its still gonna take me 20-30 days of non stop sushi. x.x

On 6/5/2021 at 11:10 AM, Tylanater said:

High melee level theris with the right harvesting (forget which one it is) are definitely the best source of hide in the game. On small tribes rates they can get slot cap of hide every 30 min or so. Maybe faster. A lot of things give good hide, any of the big dinos, snakes give more than they seem, also jerboas for some reason, phiomia give a lot, parasaur pretty good.

Delicate ....folks think it would be power, but it's the delicate harvest points for hide.

Tap C (or whichever button you have that collects berries with them) and yeah.....

I have two "Boss Theri's" ...one has nothing but Power points and the other Delicate points. After they were mature I ONLY put points in weight...for the obvious reasons.

8 hours ago, BubbaGuy said:

Delicate ....folks think it would be power, but it's the delicate harvest points for hide. Tap C (or whichever button you have that collects berries with them) and yeah.....I have two "Boss Theri's" ...one has nothing but Power points and the other Delicate points. After they were mature I ONLY put points in weight...for the obvious reasons.

Same here, I use the power for mushroom harvesting, delicate

Welp, long story short, cheated em in....I just enabled cheat mode, made 18 of them, sold my soul to the devil for a taco {wasn't worth much anyhow} and I now have 4 bank vaults stupid filled with nothing but hide I don't need. x.x
Good news, if they ever fix the supply drops and I move on to other maps, Ill be able to make ascension saddles easy for anything but boss fighters. XD

Archived