voidwyrm kind of sucks

DeliaHaze20

this forum is for pvp only ok so i will get in to it i cant find a singe pvp scenario where this is useful 

im going to be talking about its breath attack because that is what is useful on a wyvern 

it is the most useless attack i have ever see on a wyvern it stunts you for like a second and does little to no damage 

which asks why is it so hard to get if it cant stand it own in a fight? 

so WC can we get some kind of buff to it breath attack?

and now that the astrodelphis is a thing why use a wyvern any more?

this is just some of my thoughts on it... so what are yours?

Some dinos are useless in PvP and others in PvE, that's just how it goes. I play PvE and, I don't mind this that much. Hell I'd use it just for looks but that wing sound...gives me a headache after a few second of flight. I thought it would at least do very high damage to wild mutated/corrupted creatures like the Enforcer in Extinction...alas, that's not the case.

1 hour ago, St1ckyBandit said:

From what I've read it knocks players off their mounts, so that sounds pretty useful.

I've also read that it can keep enemies stunned indefinitely as long as it has stamina, which would work great if you have a tribemate to come finish off your opponent. 

Yeah this sounds nice together with a lightning wyvern so you can get the full lightning blast to hit, for example :)

On 6/10/2021 at 9:30 PM, St1ckyBandit said:

From what I've read it knocks players off their mounts, so that sounds pretty useful.

I've also read that it can keep enemies stunned indefinitely as long as it has stamina, which would work great if you have a tribemate to come finish off your opponent. 

i think they patched kicking player off their mounts with its breath attack and you can not keep a player stunned

• 2 months later...
On 6/16/2021 at 2:01 AM, DeliaHaze20 said:

i think they patched kicking player off their mounts with its breath attack and you can not keep a player stunned

Not true at all and infact they are one of the most useful tames for pvp if you can't think of a situation where dismounting and stunning are useful in pvp you should play PvE sorry to be rube but seeing people talk about things they don't know as if they do is weird

And the unbearable wingflap sound of the wyrm, "Steampunk down your throat". Recently I was enforced to fly around half an hour with a voidwyrm searching my corpse. Could only do this with sound disabled.

The Astrodelphis is really great but the saddle/blueprint is hard to get, normal players can only hope to find them in an orbital drop, and even then the material requirements are crazy high.

On the plus side all the reasons listed above kept me from needing to build another breeding barn to house voidwyverns. I was really disappointed in them once I had one, was so excited to see tek wyverns at first. I can't stand flying around with them either, the noise drives me nuts. Not even raising them on raw meat alone is enough to change my mind. 

On 8/25/2021 at 4:32 PM, Gavinshelt37 said:

Not true at all and infact they are one of the most useful tames for pvp if you can't think of a situation where dismounting and stunning are useful in pvp you should play PvE sorry to be rube but seeing people talk about things they don't know as if they do is weird

this is a old post i know better now its a pvp tame i did not hear about the stunning effect when i made the post i also thought they patched the kicking the player off at the time as well it all good now.

Archived