Community Crunch 271: Genesis 2 Launch, Plushie Giveaways, and More!

StudioWildcard

It is my favorite game for 6 years, but to this day, with genesis 2, the game has been completely broken, I am not going to play a game that you start with the tek armor and you have everything done. It seems like a mistake to me and that is why many people are not going to play genesis 2.
the map is beautiful and the new creatures too, but the tek armor makes you not want to tame or farm, it gives the impression that you have everything.

• Like 1

Count me as one who's thrilled Ark 2 won't revolve around Tek. The more Tek that's been added, the less interested I've been as the years go by. If it actually worked and was given the same care as the main mode, I'd play Primitive+ and never look back.

I've always been really disappointed by Ark's lack of items and P+ filled that gap a little for a while until it was repeatedly pushed aside. The different kinds of meats and the feathers and all that. The leather tanning rack. All these things that gave you more not only to use, but to build a living space with.

I appreciate the electricity and the A/Cs for hatching, but once the glow pets were released and I didn't have to use a torch all night long just to function, I found myself just setting a few of them around my house instead.

None of that's to say I don't still love Ark even with the Tek. I'm just one who's really excited to see where it goes without it and it makes sense with the story. Haven't gotten a chance to sit down with Gen 2 yet, but I'm looking forward to it.

• Like 1

How can I get in contact with a developer because the server my character is on needs to be wiped honestly its an Xbox pvp server an they have been dossing it for so long its a full 20 days ingame days mind behind every other server on Xbox an there's only one person on the server right now an no one else can get in the server is server 207 need some kinda admin or dev help immediately I don't wanna loose my character cuz im nearly lvl 100 but this is honestly ridiculous I can't even transfer off they just keep 255pinging it an u can't do anything if anyone knows a better place I could report this I would be eternally grateful because I want this solved these cheaters should be wiped as well 

1 hour ago, Meshmonkeys said:

How can I get in contact with a developer because the server my character is on needs to be wiped honestly its an Xbox pvp server an they have been dossing it for so long its a full 20 days ingame days mind behind every other server on Xbox an there's only one person on the server right now an no one else can get in the server is server 207 need some kinda admin or dev help immediately I don't wanna loose my character cuz im nearly lvl 100 but this is honestly ridiculous I can't even transfer off they just keep 255pinging it an u can't do anything if anyone knows a better place I could report this I would be eternally grateful because I want this solved these cheaters should be wiped as well 

... says a guy named MeshMonkeys.

On 6/4/2021 at 7:55 PM, APerson12 said:

what do you mean? gen2 has nearly every dino from every dlc. there are gen1 creatures, ext creatures, SE creatures, ab creatures, there are even dinos from the free maps in some locations and missions.

Yeah, sure, it has SOME creatures from nearly all expansions but does not have all of them unique to all expansions. I agree with original comment that it would have been awesome to see more variety. Some things I have yet to see are: Magmasaur, Rock Drake, Morellatops, Tropognatheus, Tek Trike (I feel like this SHOULD be in there), and more!
Would have also been really cool to see some more diversity in the biomes. I haven't been all over but I haven't seen any lava or snow yet.

My opinion, that's all.

15 hours ago, Xoloitzcuintli said:

Count me as one who's thrilled Ark 2 won't revolve around Tek. The more Tek that's been added, the less interested I've been as the years go by. If it actually worked and was given the same care as the main mode, I'd play Primitive+ and never look back.

I've always been really disappointed by Ark's lack of items and P+ filled that gap a little for a while until it was repeatedly pushed aside. The different kinds of meats and the feathers and all that. The leather tanning rack. All these things that gave you more not only to use, but to build a living space with.

I appreciate the electricity and the A/Cs for hatching, but once the glow pets were released and I didn't have to use a torch all night long just to function, I found myself just setting a few of them around my house instead.

None of that's to say I don't still love Ark even with the Tek. I'm just one who's really excited to see where it goes without it and it makes sense with the story. Haven't gotten a chance to sit down with Gen 2 yet, but I'm looking forward to it.

can not agree more with this comment, I love tek, like its cool to mess around with and it does have some genuine uses (tek gen and rep) but id also like to see ark go back to its roots and have nothing above stone and metal structures. If ark 2 could be the early stages of ark 1 when foot pvp was good with people not running at light speed with bolas and clubs and maybe the minimum amounts of technology such as elevator systems and other ancient sh*t. 

I have to agree with the Prim+ aspect.  I like the tek aspect because it does make some things easier when you’re solo or a smaller tribe, but I also wouldn’t mind the Prim+ mode, brings a whole new angle to the game that keeps along the same track as the roots of the game itself.  TBH I would probably end up having a prim+ server AND a normal ark server just to better suit my playing mood that day.

Onto a more present matter.  Hey WC, time to add more Gen 2 servers.  I just did a quick calculation for JUST the crossplay servers, there are 713 people on an-pve-crossplay servers alone, you have 6 gen 2 servers, ya getting where I’m going?  The 6 gen servers only equate to 420 for population, over 700 people play on this cluster alone.  This isn’t talking EU servers or even pvp, seriously what gives?  I got booted out of the server over an hour in the middle of my yard and haven’t been able to get back in to safely log out!  I know I said I’d probably wait for the mad dash is over but I already committed to it. Wildcard, you really need to add the amount of servers that would be able handle an entire cluster population flooding to a new map.  Just my personal opinion, that’s what makes sense to me.

• Like 1

• Volunteer Moderator
45 minutes ago, InfinightGamer said:

So they added new stuff that you have to be level +100 for engrams but on console(My xbox) The level cap is 105. Can someone explain to me how that makes any sense or how to change the level cap for console?

Level cap of 105 is pre-ascension.

If you ascend on The Island, Aberration, Genesis 1, Genesis 2, and max level a Chibi, and collect ALL explorer notes you can level all the way up to 180 now.

• Like 1