Community Crunch 271: Genesis 2 Launch, Plushie Giveaways, and More!

StudioWildcard

12 hours ago, APerson12 said:

> mostly primitive
really hope you guys aren't just removing TEK, the one thing that makes ark truly unique. Without it, this just becomes another fantasy/prehistoric survival game. I know for a fact that if there's nothing past primitive stage in ARK 2, I won't be buying the game.

This game its best if then are prehistoric we dont need tek staff

• Like 1

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, AreYouSerious said:

So y’all decided to take away the tek punch? You have got to be the dumbest Dev team in gaming history. 

I believe it was mainly because of the PvP side of things. Not sure if you are PvP or PvE.

I'm PvE and completely disagree with the rash decision of removing it. People on PvE can decide on their own whether they want to use it or not. That's a win/win situation. Taking it away entirely is a poor decision. 🙄

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, GordoGoH said:

there is always single player

yeah and if EVERYTHING you do is on official and all of your friends and your maxed char, you want to play THERE. not single player. For me single player is only

to test things and learn, it's not where I spend my actual game time. That's so NOT a fix.. beep on over to sp and be happy eh? NO.

Hey, I commented last time a little bit late, I have tried everything, but my genesis part 2 is not saving. Can I fix that somehow? Please fix it

thank you

P.S. HOLY CRAP, you guys are morons (not devs) you are SOOO picky, IT IS A NEW GAME. of course there is going to be some problems. Take A CHILL PILL.

Edited by MasterTyrone12

6 hours ago, MasterTyrone12 said:

Hey, I commented last time a little bit late, I have tried everything, but my genesis part 2 is not saving. Can I fix that somehow? Please fix it

thank you

P.S. HOLY CRAP, you guys are morons (not devs) you are SOOO picky, IT IS A NEW GAME. of course there is going to be some problems. Take A CHILL PILL.

Most of us would chill out we haven’t endured YEARS of stupid irrational decisions on the part of WC.  It’s the stupid decisions of not adding enough servers for the biggest hyped up expansion since the center map (which they did the same BS way back then), and yet again PvE pays the price for PvP!  The flyer nerf, the fishing nerf, the gacha nerf, the umpteen million giga nerfs, the magnamgr nerf all of theses made ABSOLUTELY IRREFUTABLY NO SENSE FOR PVE!  Those were enacted because of an issue on PvP.  IMO someone joins PvP to FIGHT other people, ya can’t whine when someone else is bigger and badder wipes you, last I checked that’s the definition of Darwinism.  Not giving an allowance to cheaters because cheaters are the scum of the Earth.  

The other thing that doesn’t help most of our attitudes is WC has not produced a mostly non-problematic content release EVER!  They ALWAYS break SOMETHING within the core game mechanics that cause issues across the server network.  Now I don’t code, and couldn’t tell you the first step of building a game this intrinsic and with the depth that ARK has, BUT I do know integrity, common sense and the simple fact that works for one thing DOES NOT work for something completely different.   Ya can’t just drop a Chevrolet 350 into a Hyundai and expect everything to work together happily.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, APerson12 said:

I didn't come back to this game until they added tek. It's all personal preference, and I can say with certainty that mine is having it.

I mean if you prefer to play a game with cheat modes on and on easy mode that's fine. That can be done in singleplayer and thats pretty much what tek is. Look at the new map, no challenge at all because of tek suit alone. Doesn't make for a balanced or good game overall.

38 minutes ago, ccz2887 said:

and yet again PvE pays the price for PvP!  The flyer nerf, the fishing nerf, the gacha nerf, the umpteen million giga nerfs, the magnamgr nerf all of theses made ABSOLUTELY IRREFUTABLY NO SENSE FOR PVE

The game is primarily a PvP game and separating balance is too much work. Also all those things you mentioned were absolutely broken in PvP AND PvE. How does getting the best BPs in the game from a little fish in the pond over a huge dungeon like on ragnarok make sense even from a PvE perspective? Same with Gacha, sitting in your base with a snow owl and gacha, both incredibly easy to tame=best loot in game?? makes absolutely no sense in PvE too. Manas and gigas are still ridiculously broken. You can get around entire map on a mana faster than ever on a mana by far, get around 2k melee, 10 stam and 25k hp from breeding and have no risk from anything in the game and people still cry. If you really want just spawn in broken stuff and higher level dinos. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tylanater said:

The game is primarily a PvP game and separating balance is too much work. Also all those things you mentioned were absolutely broken in PvP AND PvE. How does getting the best BPs in the game from a little fish in the pond over a huge dungeon like on ragnarok make sense even from a PvE perspective? Same with Gacha, sitting in your base with a snow owl and gacha, both incredibly easy to tame=best loot in game?? makes absolutely no sense in PvE too. Manas and gigas are still ridiculously broken. You can get around entire map on a mana faster than ever on a mana by far, get around 2k melee, 10 stam and 25k hp from breeding and have no risk from anything in the game and people still cry. If you really want just spawn in broken stuff and higher level dinos. 

The manas aren’t broken, just OP.  Same with gigas to an extent, I agree that your not wrong in your points regarding the gachas and fishing, but they nerfed it pretty hard, almost to the point it’s not even worth it.  You’re right in the fact that ARK started as a PvP game, but over the years I’ve seen a lot of people steer away because of the hacking, cheaters and over all (not speaking for all pvpers) toolbags.  

In regards to the mana and traversing the map, I haven’t seen to many people using them much anymore after the nerf.  I have em but don’t use em, too glitchy for me.  Most people use either wyverns, skiffs or TPs to get around the maps now. In regards to gigas, they have only 1 use on PvE, meat runs.  Back when war was a thing, they were a nuclear deterrent. But that’s not the case now.  An OP giga for I think most PvE players is the difference between a 10 minute meat run or a 45 minute meat run.  Especially when you have a hatchery full of babies.  

As far as separate balances, it could be done.  A lot of work, probably, and a lot more than what I realize, BUT they have already done that to a certain extent.  You can’t pick up wild dinos in PvE, but we also don’t have cryo sickness from tossing out tames.  If there’s a will there’s a way, WC already built a completely different game from the ground up.  Separate balances are not out of the question, the will isn’t there.  All my point was it seems like it’s one extreme to another.  Somebody complains about an OP creature or item or function, and they nerf the thing into unusable territory, instead of taking the time to truly balance it.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Sativa420 said:

yeah and if EVERYTHING you do is on official and all of your friends and your maxed char, you want to play THERE. not single player. For me single player is only

to test things and learn, it's not where I spend my actual game time. That's so NOT a fix.. beep on over to sp and be happy eh? NO.

I played on SP for a bit, got bored really quick, you end up using mods because you get lazy

5 hours ago, Tylanater said:

I mean if you prefer to play a game with cheat modes on and on easy mode that's fine. That can be done in singleplayer and thats pretty much what tek is. Look at the new map, no challenge at all because of tek suit alone. Doesn't make for a balanced or good game overall.

tek adds a reason to progress. without it, why would you beat the bosses? why not just stay on a shack on the beach?

so ark 2 is more primiive?????? im sorry what??????? so ur gonna give us less stuff than ark 1????? ur basicly just gonna rerelease ark one with slightly better graphics but 70% of the content ripped out????? i dont want another rip off cash grab like that pirate game bullpoop u made......if ark 2 AT THE VERY LEAST doesnt have everything ark 1 has then why on earth would i want to buy it.......

Edited by Drakthas

7 hours ago, APerson12 said:

tek adds a reason to progress. without it, why would you beat the bosses? why not just stay on a shack on the beach?

That argument could be made for all of PvE unfortunately. Once you make a stone hut with wood spike walls you're practically invincible. There's lots of reasons though, look at Legacy Primitive servers. They were quite popular when the only thing they did was cut out explosives and electronics and add nothing. This was replaced by an even better system primitive plus which was considered by many in pvp and pve to be the most fun than the game has been when the servers were new and worked but unfortunately primitive plus was left behind, probably because it's too hard to maintain essentially 2 different games at once. 

21 hours ago, MasterTyrone12 said:

thank you

Some morons keep defending the issues. I did not ask for the "new game" nor did I buy it. Still I'm receiving all the bugs (not some but a lot) introduced by the "new (it's DLC!) game".

We are not picky, we only expect more testing before launch.

On 6/4/2021 at 11:39 PM, APerson12 said:

> mostly primitive
really hope you guys aren't just removing TEK, the one thing that makes ark truly unique. Without it, this just becomes another fantasy/prehistoric survival game. I know for a fact that if there's nothing past primitive stage in ARK 2, I won't be buying the game.

You know, my first reaction is pretty much the same as you. However, let it sink in for a while. Bear with me if you can. I never enjoyed Primitive Plus for example, for that reason specifically. 

I never liked the idea of an Ark 2, I posted about it years ago and I systematically recommended against it with listed reasons, but 6 years... That is a lot of time and I did concede the devs need to move the franchise further. 

Ark has become my most played game ever, E-V-E-R, lol. It even stopped me from buying other games for a long time as I wanted to be in Ark and not elsewhere, they beat out some pretty heavy titles too. 

They somehow managed to mesh things I like together in a single game and make it cohesive from a narrative perspective, they got Dinosaurs, Dragons, Wyverns, Tek/ Cybertron (I love Transformers as well)... All in a single game. This is what my world / life would look like based on things I enjoy.

I did play for a year or two in PvP, solo, small tribe and even a large tribe that conquered the server. While it was fun, it was in PvE-Private Server that Ark really pulled me in, to exercise creativity, to tame all those different animals and to seek out lore and set my own goals on my very own Ark. 

To me, myself and I, Ark failed on 2 specific fronts: Characters look really ungly and no Human NPCs to operate stations or to be placed around the base. I often go back and reference another survival game where they have both and player bases there look so alive and populated with amazing NPCs/player characters designs and motions. I suppose an opportunity for Ark 2 to improve upon.

Now the post itself and Ark 2, I liked the way they communicated here. I was not sure about their commitment moving forward with Ark 1. There will be some additions to this origin game and it still has Tek and all the good stuff you and I like. So that is awesome! Plus, the community maps which are then made official are really good. Wildcard is doing in my opinion a good job of leveraging the community and adding to the game. I do hope for some more TLC passes on some creatures, this post makes this a possibility even though it's not committing to anything specific.

Ark 2 - trailer acknowledges the Tek, it's there but the systems seem to be dying out as there is no maintenance or technology to maintain them. It's a reboot for the survivors for sure where they need to restart the technological process again. I love Tek and not having it down the line does remove a little of the shine to me, but maybe they will have some cool elements there that may surprise you positively as well.

Who knows. I am not jumping into Ark 2 at least 24 months in, with the risk of skipping it entirely but that was me even before any confirmation/announcement. I probably will not even have the machine to run it and I don't play consoles. The trailer was a bit lackluster to me, I am not sure how I feel about the Rex´s design with that rat looking fur but I did like the nod to the heavy focus on narrative and lore. Also, I am not fond of games that don't give me plate armour, so little there appealed to me except for its ending on the cave, which did have the presence of Tek, ironically.

Also, last but not least, we don't even know what kind of game Ark 2 will be, are you sure it is going to be anything similar to what Ark 1 is? Just a thought as we don't know. For what is worth, maybe you will get a Tek Plus total conversion mod, after 6 years for players that did not like Tek to be using a mod, perhaps its only fair we switch places with them. I also don't discard that Tek will make a comeback as Ark 2 expands again, Tek can be OP to kick it of and is part of late game experience. Wildcard is known to adjust their plans and release dates quite often I am told.