Community Crunch 271: Genesis 2 Launch, Plushie Giveaways, and More!

StudioWildcard

ARK_GEN2_KeyArt_Logoless_3840x2160.png

The Studio Wildcard team is thrilled to finally complete the ARK saga with the release of ARK: Genesis Part 2. We've been watching, sharing, and enjoying the content you've been posting across social media platforms.  We're already working through several tweaks and bug fixes based on player reports and feedback.  We’ll keep you updated with the progress through our normal social channels.

Thanks to Ark’s passionate community and a love for new content that fits its mold, what were once straightforward plans have become so much more. Through in-game events, free DLC maps, and continued game updates, we’re also polishing, addressing player feedback and fixing issues to make it a better game for everyone.

So, what’s next? Not TEK, that's for sure 😏.  As we look forward to a primarily primitive-themed ARK 2, we'll continue to provide meaningful updates and experiences to our ARK 1 survivors.  

We’re forever grateful for our community which helps us grow, shape, and push the Ark franchise to new heights!

ErkTGBiVEAAcC1Z.jpg

gen2media.png

plushie.png

HyIpWkIw_300.pngJtsZT2aw.png

If you're on Twitter, make sure you're keeping an eye on #ARKGen2Plush hashtag.  Some of our amazing community content creators will be handing out codes to redeem a free plushie!

arkuse.png

egs-arkultimatesurvivoredition-studiowildcard-bundles-s1-2560x1440-ab6e094c452b.jpg

ARK is on Sale on all platforms! 

If you haven't had a chance to experience everything the ARK franchise has to offer, check out the ARK: Ultimate Survivor Edition.  ARK: The Ultimate Survivor Edition includes ARK: Survival Evolved, along with these expansion packs: Scorched Earth, Aberration, Extinction, and Genesis Parts 1 & 2.

ARK on Steam

ARK on Epic Games Store

ARK on XBOX

ARK on Playstation

evo.png

Ark_Evolution_Event_minimized.thumb.png.2d282a169df9bbbd0ba09a90303a7cec.png

There will be no EVO event this weekend.

communitycorner.png

clipsvideos.png

Creator: nooblets.com

Looking for a quick guide for taming the loveable Maewing?  We have you covered!

Creator: Sven P & Séfiro

If you'd rather scout for potential base locations on Youtube, Sven P & Séfiro check out some of the prime real estate locations in Genesis 2.

Creator: FistofTheWalrus

Uh, we don't think that's a regular puppy 😯

Creator: Venalis

And we certainly don't think that's an average dog 😂

fanart_2.png

Darken_Si DodoRex

dodorex.jpg

TzuLinslip (Managarmr)

1620777359_bubucat.jpg

shockalocker Maewing

maewing_by_shockalocker_dekt4dc-fullview.jpg

Fires-storm Helena Walker Study

deiosv9-0af146fa-cc7c-4839-a62e-1419b50db350.jpg

CasiriaDraws Coming Out (Pride Month)

dekt89g-04ab0018-4cf7-488c-bc2a-34e28dce4a37.jpg

Doragon Kraaken#3395 Rockwell wyvern?

IMG_20210604_213023.jpg

screen.png

@NaturalCauzes

ARK_Survival_Evolved_Screenshot_2021.06.04_-_21.26.41.92.jpg

dacx

download5.jpg

@NeoVanilluxe

E3E39H6WYAMbim7.jpg

𝑻𝒉𝒚𝒍𝒂𝒄𝒐𝒍𝒆𝒐𝑴𝒂𝒔𝒕𝒆𝒓#1650

20210603_230039.jpg

Keep sharing your Genesis 2 moments with us!  Catch you next week!
Studio Wildcard

Twitter: twitter.com/survivetheark
Discord: discord.com/invite/playark
Reddit: reddit.com/r/playark
Instagram: instagram.com/survivetheark
Twitch: twitch.tv/survivetheark
Steam: steamcommunity.com/app/346110
Youtube: youtube.com/survivetheark
Facebook: facebook.com/survivetheark

View full article

So.... how do i make the beacon drops not spawn in the ground? It only happens to me on this DLC, and I feel like I read about a fix somewhere, but now I can't find it.

I have to go into ghost mode to get most of them, which feels really cheaty, but at the same time, if I fixed it, I wouldn't have to feel really cheaty.

How fix?

but also

THIS DLC ROCKS!!!

Edited by Breakdancer
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, jurassicjoey said:

i kinda feel let down by the amount of dinos in gen2  the map is so big i feel like the could fit almost all of them from all the maps in. i would love to  more added later on  just import them from the other maps

what do you mean? gen2 has nearly every dino from every dlc. there are gen1 creatures, ext creatures, SE creatures, ab creatures, there are even dinos from the free maps in some locations and missions.

4 hours ago, APerson12 said:

> mostly primitive
really hope you guys aren't just removing TEK, the one thing that makes ark truly unique. Without it, this just becomes another fantasy/prehistoric survival game. I know for a fact that if there's nothing past primitive stage in ARK 2, I won't be buying the game.

Look, i understand many people might not like it but Tek and element is what made people build the arks and the ship . Ark's story is based on the issues given by the use of tek and element and the war provoked by the 2 factions (and then king titan).

Since Santiago worked on tests etc for the Federation and he knows the danger, it's normal that, on a new planet, the humans under his guide will avoid anything that has to do with element and Tek. 

I do hope that there will be, maybe with ark2 DLCs ofc, a new type of "Tek", let's call it in this way. The Federation has been able to make a suit without element (the one we spawn with at the beginning).

So, yeah, i really feel you and understand your worries. But at the same time, knowing the game and the story, I also understand why there will be no Tek.  At least not the one we knew.  

You might not care of the story, but that's ark, a survival with a story behind behind :) its not Minecraft after all xD

Edited by MayaPatch
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

>primarily primitive

Yeeeeaaaah, sorry guys, but you're gonna lose me there.  The setting of Ark was fascinating because it was this super sci-fi story of mystery and wonder underneath the brutally primitive surface.

If you take that out, it's basically every other low-tech level survival game out there.  Just with dinosaurs.

I'm just...frankly not interested in that, sorry.  It sounds boring, and sacrificing Ark's key traits that make it stand out.

• Like 3

Well this is crap. lost count how many times the gen 2 server I was playing on crashed today. Every gen 2 server is player maxed, and every square inch (including many of the quest terminals) have been pillared. To make matters worse they drop an unscheduled maintenance on us and say it will only be down for 15 minutes, 2 hours later and the servers are still down! nice job WC *sigh*

Edited by Unspokenone

I'm really amazed at Genesis 2, But this map is designed only for x1 rates, I really liked the lunar biome system and in general, but everywhere there are pros and cons.  I am very sorry that there is only one place on the whole map that at least somewhat resembles an enclosed space, it would be possible to do something like this at least in the rockwell biome, well, there is a suggestion that it can be improved.  When you announced the exo mek, I thought he would help with the farm and I am very surprised by the lack of the ability to take the exo mek in the hands of a drill or a chainsaw, I understand that you have already completed the work, but this function is really useful and I think most players will support me with this.

1 minute ago, rokki2701 said:

I'm really amazed at Genesis 2, But this map is designed only for x1 rates, I really liked the lunar biome system and in general, but everywhere there are pros and cons.  I am very sorry that there is only one place on the whole map that at least somewhat resembles an enclosed space, it would be possible to do something like this at least in the rockwell biome, well, there is a suggestion that it can be improved.  When you announced the exo mek, I thought he would help with the farm and I am very surprised by the lack of the ability to take the exo mek in the hands of a drill or a chainsaw, I understand that you have already completed the work, but this function is really useful and I think most players will support me with this.

I think it would still be a good idea to add one more statistics to the exomek, this is power, for example, for more resource extraction with the help of a drill or a chainsaw, more power, better farming.

9 hours ago, APerson12 said:

> mostly primitive
really hope you guys aren't just removing TEK, the one thing that makes ark truly unique. Without it, this just becomes another fantasy/prehistoric survival game. I know for a fact that if there's nothing past primitive stage in ARK 2, I won't be buying the game.

Tek is trash, Most of the original community has quit because of it and they'll likely come backl

• Like 1