Gen 2 Launch doesn't feel good/fun.

blakemcclaren

Me and my 5 friends were pretty hyped about getting back into Ark PVP small tribes for this launch.

- Laggy Air Punches

- Full Servers

- No cooldown for max level players

Feels like a waste of money at this point. Considering returning as most of my friends are already quitting. Super Punch PVP fights are not fun, stone buildings aren't safe. There hardly any chitin or cementing paste.  Not sure what WC was thinking here, but they missed the mark for me. 

Curious if others feel the same or different, let me know what you are thinking. Am I off base? Or is this launch horribad?

-Blake

From the one time I have been able to get into a game it seems to have potential, but the problem is that, getting into a game. I've spent more time in queues than I have playing.

Supply drops are a bit OP, got a MC tek bow my second drop, was able to tame a 150 R-Giga with 1500 shards and nothing else. Other than that, got a grinder, Tek forcefield, tons of acendant saddles etc. Have enough mats from 3 hours playing to fully build a metal base.  That felt a bit cheesy and took a bit of the fun out of a fresh expansion tbh.

I dunno, on the fence. Hard to really know when you can't get into a game :)

Lol it's the 2nd day. Get some guns or dinos. Everyone's punching because most dont have guns or good dinos yet. 

I just got an asc revolver from a drop today and blasted some fool. Give people time to gear up.

When are stone buildings ever safe in PvP ? Yeah its easier to break them now, but there's been about a 1000 things to break stone in the game forever. If you're expecting a stone house to last in PvP you're sorely mistaken.

Servers are full for every maps release. Is this youre first DLC in ark ? Could definitely use some more servers but this is hardly a specific problem with gen 2.

There's scorpions and other chitin/keratin animals all over the place. 

Beaver dams are tough to come by for sure, but all these other criticisms are non issues and I'm a pro at criticizing WC 

Pve isn’t any better. The first server i tried couldn't  do anything, because a tribe would kite dinos in to my base every time we would leave.  Killing our tames and taking our stuff. Then i put almost 600 arrows into a giga just to have the same tribe kite a carno to kill me. Then dropped the giga taking it from me. So i move to a new server just for it to be taking offline. Now my character is stuck there. Im sure my main server tames are starving to death.   Definitely not worth the wait.

Archived