Wow 12GB of memory for this map, what a joke Wildcard

CyberAngel67

• Volunteer Moderator
3 hours ago, CyberAngel67 said:

Can't say any more than the Title, that makes Single Player not an option for a lot of people!

And I tried it, and OMG 2 minutes flying, 30secs pause, 2mins flying 30secs pause!

What was WC thinking here!

You can use the "Extremely Low Memory" launch mode, or add its options directly to your command line:

-lowmemory -sm4 -nomansky

That said, launching Gen2 into single-player with maxed settings takes roughly 6.3gb on my side.

9 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

You can use the "Extremely Low Memory" launch mode, or add its options directly to your command line:

-lowmemory -sm4 -nomansky

That said, launching Gen2 into single-player with maxed settings takes roughly 6.3gb on my side.

The point is, that every other map with the same settings, is around 1Gb to 2Gb in size, Genesis 2 is a joke.

1 minute ago, invincibleqc said:

This thread is as useful as a Compass Blueprint.

Why, because no one can answer why a map takes 12GB, and can't answer what is different under the hood that requires so much RAM!!!!

If I was complaining about the game itself, with high settings, then you have every right to question hat I asked! But not one setting on the client, affects the maps memory and you know that!

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, CyberAngel67 said:

Why, because no one can answer why a map takes 12GB

Because it doesn't. You are trying to compare the resources used by a dedicated session with single-player. Not only this makes no sense whatsoever, the client itself uses much less resources. Roughly ~6.3gb with maxed settings, and about ~2.4 with low memory options which is safe to assume old consoles force by default. You really just like complaining for no reason.

Just now, invincibleqc said:

Because it doesn't. You are trying to compare the resources used by a dedicated session with single-player. Not only this makes no sense whatsoever, the client itself uses much less resources. Roughly ~6.3gb with maxed settings, and about ~2.4 with low memory options which is safe to assume old consoles force by default. You really just like complaining for no reason.

Actually I am not... I made the comment that on Single Player, I was flying for a few mins then pausing for a few mins, then flying for a few mins and the pausing. And you and everyone else has assumed I don't have the memory to handle this.

I have enough memory in this machine to handle 6-10 Genesis 2 maps and still be able to do Heavy Video Editing! So my machines specs is not the issue, the question still remains.... Why!!!!

And dedicated or not, 12GB for a map is insane, especially when every other map they have uses around 1GB.

13 hours ago, Fresiki said:

Time for a new PC? What did you expect, for hardware requirements to suddenly stop and never evolve? I have 64gb RAM on my 7 year old PC. 

What are you implying? That everyone should magically gain the capital necessary to go above and beyond normal PC game requirements? There is always someone like you on every forum there to be the contrarian and invalidate everyone elses experience. Everything doesnt go smoothly for everyone and frankly your post is insensitive and classist. RAM is expensive dude. Not everyone lives with mommy or had their college paid for by daddy. 

Try being helpful instead of being an edgy contrarian for once. No one cares about your PC. No one asked.

7 minutes ago, Draith said:

What are you implying? That everyone should magically gain the capital necessary to go above and beyond normal PC game requirements? There is always someone like you on every forum there to be the contrarian and invalidate everyone elses experience. Everything doesnt go smoothly for everyone and frankly your post is insensitive and classist. RAM is expensive dude. Not everyone lives with mommy or had their college paid for by daddy. 

Try being helpful instead of being an edgy contrarian for once. No one cares about your PC. No one asked.

It's sad that there are people like this, who seem to think money and parts just fall out of the sky.

But that person doesn't even comprehend that even server owners, hosting this map where forced to buy new slots for this map. And the question still remains, what is in this map, that warrants so much memory. Anybody can do the test themselves, fire up their own servers, and watch 9 other maps, use around 1GB of ram each, and then fire up Genesis 2 and watch it consumer almost more memory than 9 other maps combined.

That is what is hilarious about these douches facepalming everything! Even the mods should know better here, and use some discretion, as they should be aware that other maps are uses a minimum of 6 times less memory, so again, what is so special about Genesis 2 that a map has to have 6x more memory than all previous maps!

And you watch the same douches facepalm this comment!

I 100% get what dude is talking about. I am tired of paying my hard earn money for a broken game. One thing I'll give wildcard credit for is they are consistent about one thing.  Breaking the game more everytime they do anything. Will the money it costs for the base game than the season pass and or all the add ins it's not to much to want them to fix just one dam thing. Even the seasonal stuff they release the Easter stuff halloween and only maybe add one or two things they still manage to mess that up. It's a load of crap 

26 minutes ago, Draith said:

Tough

Archived