The new FREE tech suits are over powerd

SleepinFrosty

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Playing Devil's advocate here, but I believe the Tek Suit is at the core of the design of all the Map mechanics and creatures. It'd be a rather hellish experience otherwise, more so than Gen 1. Also at the end of the day everyone starts on equal footing with the suits. The option to disable it (or as you already can do, take it off) is better than forcing everyone else not to have it and potentially ruining the experience of those who like it.

them re enabling doesnt change my mind lol i thought the first one was awesome they remeber their were two patches they re enabled it because they went even further and removed the punch in all and more importantly removed the tech sprint witch was awful what they did no one wanted that and thats why the community flipped out my point still stands that its op  if the tech punch free version can dmg stone lol   

On 6/7/2021 at 2:45 AM, St1ckyBandit said:

They changed the tek punch to not damage structures or players anymore so you can stop moaning. 

It's funny to me that there is this big outcry because people's stone bases were being raided, as if stone was some great protection before the tek punch. Sorry but your stone hut would have gotten obliterated anyway.

i havnt seen many out cries i used that as a example to why its over powerd that a level one can get threw a stone base and all you have said is how sad it is i complain about it but you refuse to accept it and just make it out to be some baby thing instead of actually talking about it bud- its op for a free suit to break stone not thatch or wwood you shouldnt even build in that for they can break it with a pick something free shouldnt even have dmg on it

On 6/7/2021 at 6:54 AM, Zayisha said:

That is exactly how your behavior can be described.

Everyone gets it. So if you really think others "exploit" it... exploit it as well. Even ground.
If everyone gets it, it can't be unfair/OP. Just adept and learn to deal with it! If you can't or don't want to... well... you know.

- The Problem here is not the Punch, but someone not willing/able to adept.

If you had read everything, you would already know: being able to break Stone with the Punch is no issue.
Simply don't build with Stone. Easy.

- The Problem here is not the Punch, but someone not willing/able to adept.

You get the same Skin as a Level 1. So you both are on equal ground.
If you are longer on the Server and have more Levels... but still can't beat that Player.:
Well, just accept that he/she is the better Player. Since they are just using the same tools that are at your disposal as well.

- The Problem here is not the Punch, but someone not willing/able to adept (and/or lacking skills).

Offtopic Sidenote:
And for the love od god, start using paragraphs and punctuation.

i alreadly stated to you why if everyone has it its okay its not okay lol for if they add something both ways and the game changes based on that then okay but if people use it to take advantage of it and it changes the meta to a point where other stat are not viable like health or weight then it changes the meta in a bad way and if people can max mele and one shot tames and stone houses and players with armor and capped health thenyes it needs to be nerfed ill be done replying to you but it was fun while it lasted cant keep talkin if people dont wanna listen and debate - understand why pvp needs nerfs and other things for theirs a reason there is a pvp and a pve section in ark discord becaues pve cares more about the stuff they get instead of it truly being balanced or not 

23 minutes ago, SleepinFrosty said:

i havnt seen many out cries i used that as a example to why its over powerd that a level one can get threw a stone base and all you have said is how sad it is i complain about it but you refuse to accept it and just make it out to be some baby thing instead of actually talking about it bud- its op for a free suit to break stone not thatch or wwood you shouldnt even build in that for they can break it with a pick something free shouldnt even have dmg on it

Theres been like 30 threads on it in this forum alone nevermind the ark reddit.

It doesnt matter if your stone base gets raided by a level 1 or level 100, stone is never going to last in a pvp server. It might as well be thatch. It's unrealistic to expect stone to offer any protection and it's been this way forever, hence why these "nerf the tek suit cuz mah stone base got raided" threads are ludicrous. 

20 minutes ago, SleepinFrosty said:

and it changes the meta to a point where other stat are not viable like health or weight then it changes the meta in a bad way and if people can max mele and one shot tames and stone houses

Changing the Meta is a positive things.
As already said, good/skilled players will adept.

Oneshooting Tames and Stone Houses:
Highly exaggerated.
Easy Solution: (again) don't use Stone. Don't tame Level 10 Creatures and don't expect them to not get oneshoted!

If you are not willing OR skilled enough to adept, that's fine.
But don't come up with bad excuses or riddicolous claims of something being OP which is not OP.

You are free to Gaslight yourself.
It just won't work with me or most of the other people here.
Your false claims have debunked several times by facts and common sense. Your claims don't comply to reality.

6 minutes ago, St1ckyBandit said:

Theres been like 30 threads on it in this forum alone nevermind the ark reddit.

It doesnt matter if your stone base gets raided by a level 1 or level 100, stone is never going to last in a pvp server. It might as well be thatch. It's unrealistic to expect stone to offer any protection and it's been this way forever, hence why these "nerf the tek suit cuz mah stone base got raided" threads are ludicrous. 

He's complaining about how the punch "changes Meta"...
wait until he finds out about the TEK Bow... or better: the Voidwyrms! 😂

it seems as tho there's 2 sides to this conversation.

1. people who want the tek suit and its features to stay

2. people who want it gone completely

a more sensible solution would be for WC to potentially modify the tek suit to be more balanced. while still retaining its usefulness. like adding in limited flight time for the jetpack, or have the suits features use stamina. or have certain features be level locked.

my biggest issue with the suit is that it has all the same features as the normal tek suit. which btw we had to earn in the past by battling bosses. but its requires no fuel or has any real draw backs. some may say that the suits low armor rating makes it balanced. but it doesn't really. if your smart enough. you can use the suits features to completely avoid combat.

the suit also completely removes the grind at the start. you now dont have to work towards getting the capability to fly in the form of a ptera or argent. because you can just simply fly around with the suit. you can use the suits features to move and even fly around when encumbered. therefore meaning you dont really need a mount to carry stuff for you. as i said earlier. you can easily just avoid danger which completely removes the feeling of vulnerability one should feel when starting out in a survival game. add onto that the fact that you can easily beat any land creature by simply using spears or a bow and arrows along with the tek suits jetpack to fly in the air to kill or tame something.

overall the fact that we get a suit that has endgame tier features with no considerable draw backs when we first spawn in completely removes the starting grind of the game. and before some of you say that this map is the endgame map and that we need this kind of stuff to progress. we really dont. i've tried genesis without the tek suit and its very much doable. in fact its quite fun, because there is a grind, there is a feeling of danger. it also means you have to think creatively on how to overcome specific obstacles. like going into space. i ended up using a maewing i tamed to go into space. it worked out fairly well. it also meant i had to take more care because i couldn't simply just zoom outta there in my flashy tek suit.

ark is a survival game. one of the main aspects of a survival game is the struggle and grind that a player must go through when starting out on a map. the fed tek suit seems to just be a massive crutch that WC added. regarding the whole gensis story arc. here's a kicker for ya. we're not actually meant to play as the survivor who defeated gensis. the ship we are on was one of the 2 precautions human kind took to ensure the survival of the human race and its flora and fauna. one was the ark seed protocol. the other was the giant seed ship we are on in gen P1 and 2. so realistically we are supposed to start off with a new character at the beginning of genesis P1 because we are starting a new story arc. 

because we are in a simulation in gensis part 1. it wouldn't make sense for us to then use that character that we did make in there to then use in the REAL WORLD. therefore meaning it would make the most amount of sense to use a new character. it really pays to know and understand the story and lore of this game.

1 hour ago, Stiffeno said:

Like with all items and abilities in PvP settings, it’s only overpowered if you’re the one losing😌

And even if you're the one losing, the fed suit makes escaping from a fight 1000x more feasible.

I've been a menace so far on official pvp, but it's always against people that stand and fight or if I catch someone off guard. When someone is actively trying to avoid me it's extremely hard to track them if they are at least decent with the suit's capabilities. 

Kodking I'm not gonna quote that whole essay but there are a few things I take issue with in your post

#1 The map is huge. Adding stamina usage to the suit would suck as it would take a long time to do cross map journeys between the main 2 biomes. Would also impact the ability to escape that I mentioned earlier.

As it stands now simply traveling the map uninterrupted is an absolute blast. I don't need to be inconvenienced with stamina drain for "balance" purposes. It would just make the game less fun.

#2 You mention the low armor as not being a drawback when in fact its a huge drawback. I've killed plenty of people so far and been one-shotted myself to know this. You are very much a glass cannon with the fed suit on.

3# You cant fly when encumbered, just slowly jog. Big difference. Anky and Argy combo is still 100% effective. 

4# The maewing is junk in space. It doesnt glide. It's stuck in a slo-mo swimming type animation. The owl is a much better option because you get normal flight characteristics. 

5# The early grind is there for you on every single other map if you want it. Hell it's there on gen 2 for anyone that really wants it, just take the suit off.

However gen 2 is geared towards end game, you said yourself its an end game map, and more advanced equipment, as well as many QOL additions that let us focus on PvP, taming, missions, the boss fight, base building, raiding- all the really enjoyable parts of the game without the struggle of day one nakedness. 

You're essentially rallying against the entire new concept of the map that WC have created just to get the same old grind you can find in literally every other map. Well take the suit off then and let the rest of us soar to the heavens.

New map + New way to play = best DLC yet.

• 2 weeks later...

I disagree I think it offers a bit of a equaliser between the haves and the have nots... if you pull up on me with your max mana I'm toast but those two gloves might keep me in the game ... but seriously your cryong about golves that have been around forever but ignoring gigas manas velos rhinos all these things can also kill you very good like .. but somehow the punch is game breaking because someone killed you... in the language of the ark .. I must insist that you git gud nurd...😂

Archived