The new FREE tech suits are over powerd

SleepinFrosty

Gen 2 seem is made that any resource you need except stone and wood is too far.

And federation tek armor is too slow to get anywhere.

Also have weight 22 kg and if ava go over certain weight armor is not usable.

Its a lot slow and bad response on commands - from moment you have been hit by mob to time when you finally activate flying or fast run take too much time.

Also if you have equipped tool or weapon  armor often do not work at all.

For new comer gen 2 is boring, all is to far, missions where you get hunted by pack of alpha raptors, rexes, yuti mean only loosing time.

Also when you use armor for speed run or speed fly (CTRL) vision is distorted, you don't see things like explorer notes, even bigger mobs is hard  to recognize.

I tried gen 2 with my main, did build a stone base using stone tools, found metal and obsidian  spawn area, after few hours flying and searching didn't found crystals.

Al mobs (it was day 9 after a lot of server is full that i got in) are level 135 to 150 and hard to kill with primitive weapons like bow.

I don't have idea what to do next too far or too boring, so logged off knowing that will be hard pass "server is full" if i want to come back

And you want armor nerf? So be it, not a worse thing in genesis 2.

Only good thing( apart bad 22 kg weight) is that armor do not decay and do not use element.

Well protect less than real tek armor and also if you want to have hipo and hiper protection you still must apply element to each part of armor.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love the tek suit battles. Makes fights so much more dynamic and escape is more feasible as well. I've engaged in more PvP in the first three days of gen 2 then almost all my other time combined in ark.

Got an asc tek rifle from a drop and have been wreaking havoc with it.

This DLC is awesome man. Im finally able to play with the stuff I was never able to obtain in the course of grinding and getting wiped.

Gen 2 is a major breath of fresh air to the PvP aspect as well as the overall map design. 

10/10 best map yet by far.

when I was talking about attributes i was talkin about the tech being free not the armor value for even 150 armor is huge for a skin 2. yes i would say remove a commonly abused free weapon from the game if its being abused in pvp thats why it needs to be nerfed and people dont one shot lol. and simply saying oh punch die and when theirs a stat system in place where people are just maxing a stat that makes all other stats invalid or even one stat yes thats op- my problem with a level 1 is that he is able to break into stone for free not that hes doing less dmg than us he can still get a free start to raid day one with no experience and being able to wipe mid game bases is awful mechanic that makes no sense yes he SHOULD go threw the stone pick stage weather or not we are on the end game map if we talkin about RP then if he never made a pick how he gonna know to make a metal pick like what- that said yes i may be higher level witch is a good thing but for the people that are higher level will just max mele and one shot your stone house and half health your tames with no cost to doing so at all- all points you have, made you simply either avoided what i was stating or being deceitful to prove a point- I say the punch is op for this fact being that being able to break stone at level one raid bases with no effort is silly and goes the same for farming we have tool why make them obsolete for free and no reason at all just cap youre mele and youll get more metal, stone, wood, thatch etc .max mele! you dont need grenades to raid that early game base just tech punch threw.you dont need to  actually aim a gun or use tame too pvp just max mele and one shot kids and say ez game afterwards. thats all just a very rewarding mechanic dont yea think ark is about SURVING not to accompany  your every need( yes you could flip it but would it be balanced NO)- and you say other things like dodge, get armor, kite where the tech punch is a dash not to mention a FAST dash - get armor well i already have 120  armor with basic suit 40 more armor aint much for unlimited flight punchers etc plus I 500 health still get one shot by max mele caues people max mele because they KNOW its the easiest way, most broken way to kill the other player- last statement is thank you if that was all you had sorry to say but its irrelevant in my case except for you preferring the easy way and saying that just dodge when the situational conflicts are much more complex good day maddam- also the tech suit it self is awesome armor with a prim tech 180 to 120 is insane oh yea give up 40 armor for infinite tech punchs lol thats a good idea- but you have youre opinion and im glade you stick with it -Dont be sexist just caues your a girl doesnt mean anything you have just amuch of a say as i do so dont use your gender to insult me  or guilt trip me for thats pretty silly and irrelevant too  use your gender too down grade me- who cares if youre pve  GIRL im talking about pvp yes go spawn in your gauntlets no problem- pvp players cant spawn things in its about META and altering the meta too me a fair system or in other terms balanced system thats why they took the gauntlets hey if they add a option to bring it back i think its awesome but do i think it should be in pvp at all of course not- but i forgive you just debate no need to use derogative Terms too show youre point- God bless you- Jesus loves you

8 hours ago, TR-8R said:

I love this fed tek suit , why would you want life to become much harder ? Play regular ark .

Ah wait , even in regular ark , new player would complain about mega tribe in tek suit bullying them , jeez .

Here at least you have a chance  .

Also any nerf in PvP directly affect PvE ....

its not making life harder its making life more meta instead of op- lifes not harder becaues we took away your free farming in pvp its still better than it was for you have a tech suit with infinite flight lol go back to waht you were doing with a pick or anky or tame a stryder-- well people always gonna complain like you are for them not allowing level 1 players be able to skip threw half the leveling system and just say yea ill go farm metal or go raid a stone base or kill an alphas stryed whiles hes gone for 15 mins- its not making life harder sure its harder for you to farm with tech gaunlets on the map theirs a reason why they stopped it on GEN 2 and not other maps the reason i guess is becaues of pvp situations- PVE go tame a tame that gets you metal while The pvp side we want the nerf caues people are TAKING advantage of the tech suit and maxing mele to litterally have a easy life their fore changes the meta in a numerous amount of ways but you have fun with that my man i hope you figure it out--If anything making level 1 players able to raid youre stone base for free makes life HARDER

They changed the tek punch to not damage structures or players anymore so you can stop moaning. 

It's funny to me that there is this big outcry because people's stone bases were being raided, as if stone was some great protection before the tek punch. Sorry but your stone hut would have gotten obliterated anyway.

5 hours ago, SleepinFrosty said:

all points you have, made you simply either avoided what i was stating or being deceitful to prove a point

That is exactly how your behavior can be described.

Everyone gets it. So if you really think others "exploit" it... exploit it as well. Even ground.
If everyone gets it, it can't be unfair/OP. Just adept and learn to deal with it! If you can't or don't want to... well... you know.

- The Problem here is not the Punch, but someone not willing/able to adept.

If you had read everything, you would already know: being able to break Stone with the Punch is no issue.
Simply don't build with Stone. Easy.

- The Problem here is not the Punch, but someone not willing/able to adept.

You get the same Skin as a Level 1. So you both are on equal ground.
If you are longer on the Server and have more Levels... but still can't beat that Player.:
Well, just accept that he/she is the better Player. Since they are just using the same tools that are at your disposal as well.

- The Problem here is not the Punch, but someone not willing/able to adept (and/or lacking skills).

Offtopic Sidenote:
And for the love od god, start using paragraphs and punctuation.

6 hours ago, SleepinFrosty said:

if we talkin about RP then if he never made a pick how he gonna know to make a metal pick like what

Genesis 2 is an Endgame Map. THE Endgame Map

- You wake up on "the Island" learn Basic Stuff, Ascend and follow Helenas trails.
- You go through Scorched Earth and leave it for...
- Abberation. Defeating Rockwell and being send down to Earth. Where you...
- are fighting the Titans and kill them. Initiating the Return Protocol which makes the ARKs come back to Earth and saving it.
- Then you are joining the Genesis Simulation, being even prepareed more for what lies ahead and defeating the Master Controler.

^
That's the RP Path.
So for me and my friends:
We transfered to Genesis 2, slapped that Skin over our Classic TEK Suits.
Found a good spot for a Beach Head. Slapped down the other Stuff we brought with us:
- TEK Gen
- Replicator
- Industr. Forge/Chem Bench, etc.
Converted the Dust we brought with us into our first Element for the Generator and
Secured the Base Perimiter with the TEK Shield Generator we brought with us.

Then we grabbed out our Plasma Rifles, Plasma Pistols, Railguns... hopped on our Skiff to get more Element (using our mining Drills/Chainsaws).

Fully established TEK(!) Beach Head in less then 30 Minutes (RP and Game Mechanics conform).
I don't know why you want to build a Stone Base.

On the topic of the tek suit.

Is it powerfull yes defently i for my part never owned a tek suit befor and get regularly busted by more expirianced tek suit users but is that the tek suits fault no its just getting used to how it works and improve your skills using it. And i escaped several fights where i was hopeless outgunned wich under normal situations i would had no chance even thinking on a escape cough insert mana this mana that here.

The punch and the stone wall beeing honest wich you if its stone wood thath or even metal it just does not matter it will stop noone form rading you antrepreula are a thing, explosives are rather esay to come by gen 1 mission still can give you tek rifles as rewards.

The thing that it scales of meele damage like the regular tek suit ok that might be a issue but its far not as big of a problem as it made out to be here its ark there are a lot more op things in this game that the falcon punch.

10 hours ago, SleepinFrosty said:

its not making life harder its making life more meta instead of op- lifes not harder becaues we took away your free farming in pvp its still better than it was for you have a tech suit with infinite flight lol go back to waht you were doing with a pick or anky or tame a stryder-- well people always gonna complain like you are for them not allowing level 1 players be able to skip threw half the leveling system and just say yea ill go farm metal or go raid a stone base or kill an alphas stryed whiles hes gone for 15 mins- its not making life harder sure its harder for you to farm with tech gaunlets on the map theirs a reason why they stopped it on GEN 2 and not other maps the reason i guess is becaues of pvp situations- PVE go tame a tame that gets you metal while The pvp side we want the nerf caues people are TAKING advantage of the tech suit and maxing mele to litterally have a easy life their fore changes the meta in a numerous amount of ways but you have fun with that my man i hope you figure it out--If anything making level 1 players able to raid youre stone base for free makes life HARDER

Stay committed to that stone base life, that mindset will really get you far in pvp. Nobody is going to stay lvl 1 for long on gen 2, and if they're pumping melee they won't need the tek punch to get into a stone structure. Not to mention that a bit of drop hunting can get you a tek bow which will make short work of any stone base.

If they are somehow managing to "skip leveling" (which I have no idea why, or even how someone can do that) it won't do them a lot of good since they won't have access to most of their engrams.

15 hours ago, SleepinFrosty said:

its not making life harder its making life more meta instead of op- lifes not harder becaues we took away your free farming in pvp its still better than it was for you have a tech suit with infinite flight lol go back to waht you were doing with a pick or anky or tame a stryder-- well people always gonna complain like you are for them not allowing level 1 players be able to skip threw half the leveling system and just say yea ill go farm metal or go raid a stone base or kill an alphas stryed whiles hes gone for 15 mins- its not making life harder sure its harder for you to farm with tech gaunlets on the map theirs a reason why they stopped it on GEN 2 and not other maps the reason i guess is becaues of pvp situations- PVE go tame a tame that gets you metal while The pvp side we want the nerf caues people are TAKING advantage of the tech suit and maxing mele to litterally have a easy life their fore changes the meta in a numerous amount of ways but you have fun with that my man i hope you figure it out--

15 hours ago, SleepinFrosty said:

its not making life harder its making life more meta instead of op- lifes not harder becaues we took away your free farming in pvp its still better than it was for you have a tech suit with infinite flight lol go back to waht you were doing with a pick or anky or tame a stryder-- well people always gonna complain like you are for them not allowing level 1 players be able to skip threw half the leveling system and just say yea ill go farm metal or go raid a stone base or kill an alphas stryed whiles hes gone for 15 mins- its not making life harder sure its harder for you to farm with tech gaunlets on the map theirs a reason why they stopped it on GEN 2 and not other maps the reason i guess is becaues of pvp situations- PVE go tame a tame that gets you metal while The pvp side we want the nerf caues people are TAKING advantage of the tech suit and maxing mele to litterally have a easy life their fore changes the meta in a numerous amount of ways but you have fun with that my man i hope you figure it out--

Not everyone is going to agree with me and most of comments will walk past avoid the obvious answer oh dont live in stone its not me living in stone its thats where you start and stone is mid game metal late tech end game what most yall dont get is level one should not be able to beat a stone base with ease and if you just say dont live in a stone base sorry but youre answer is invalid now yes youre right for how the story took you their but that ark story isnt youre story its the story of the players in ark- you are youre own ark character not them but you defeat rock well after them yes lets say you followed the story from begging to end doesnt stop the fact that we can put theory holes of what if this, that etc caues itll go on forever - its over powerd to break into a base for free when theirs 5 sets and you can break 3 of those sets in minimal time- well as i said im not hear to describe how i live and play ark but for the purpose of understanding its a tactic to have a base early so kids dont walk up and freely take youre items from your smithy, storage etc yes its not ever gonna stop raiding is part of the game and thats not my complaint its when raiding is now easy as a slice of pie like a level 1 player just going to a mid game STONE base breaking in and thats their start and skipping threw the engrams that are their to raid - pvp. it changes the meta and that is what is wrong with the gauntlets that their free, infinite power, have good armor, good stat value.- people abused this ark removed it- its like saying we both have admin commands to wipe your base but thats not the point the point is that they abuse it to get a easier way and people were maxing certain stats to just have a easier life but with their eaiser life it shows how the fgauntlets make other stats health weight not needed for health aint nothing for youll still get one tapped and weight not needed you can speed run away- id love too keep debating with you Zaisha

I would like it if they had a configuration command for server owners to disable the federation suits at start up or put a level for them.  You guys on official servers can duke it out, but part of the fun that me and my friends have is starting a new map, at level 1, naked and dodging dinosaurs while trying to scrap things together.

2 hours ago, St1ckyBandit said:

You seem to be unable to comprehend that they patched the gauntlets. Congratulations you won.

hey bud i can still debate even tho they updated the game if anything go make youre own forum- and as for allowing a disable enable action i would say thats awesom they did indeed add it and got lots of peoples hopes up so i think it would be right to add the enable option in pve situations as well- I also wouldnt have a problem with tech punch being added to the original tech suit for the map for they are at that point just the starting suit having it is op

3 minutes ago, ProfessorFate said:

Am I seriously the only person who wants to play gen II except it's hardcore, you start without a tek suit, you can't access missions or HLNA, there's no tames and it's primitive plus? I'm expecting you all to lock me up in an insane asylum for saying that but I seriously want to try it.

Doesn't sound Insane to me.
You need to get your own private Server for that though.
Most of it is already doable.

- Install Primitive+ on that Server
- disable taming (.ini option)
- disable TEK Suit (also .ini option)

Only thing that is not possible (yet), is a way to disable HLNA and the Missions.
But you can try to get a Server Option for that as well by making a request in the Suggestions Forums.
If enough people want to play that way, chances are good.

Archived