The new FREE tech suits are over powerd

SleepinFrosty

Hello im here to ask for a nerf to the suit especially the tech punch. For a level 1 player being able to break into any stone bases is not just over powered but changes the meta completely and if the player is 100 and above and just maxs mele he just one shots players with 500 health and that is no where near balanced, I think that the free suits are awesome do not get me wrong I just think they are being abused and should not be as strong as the actually tech suits that players have to work for. Actually they are stronger considering that they take no tech to run. My best suggestion is to nerf the tech punch itll resolve this problem of mine and change the  meta to what it was maybe even not allowing that suit to break stone for stone in ark is supposedly mid game and someone in the start of the game being able to break stone with easy and the battle is just who hits who first is just boring and not alot of thought was put into it. Having a capped dps or percent dps the tech punch can do with the free suit would be awesome please fix the smaller things so it can be a enjoyable and playable experience especially for the people who cant stay up 12 hours a day. Thank you for reading lmk if anyone out there disagrees or agrees-keyword NERF so no dmg on tech punch is what i want for the punch is abused in many way and for a free skin that has dmg on a punch it adds to pvp bobs that are now able to break into a base at level 1 stone and if stone is mid game , metal late, tech end game then that is indeed overpowerd

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Volunteer Moderator

The thing is though, Genesis II isn't really designed for level 1 players. It's designed for players that have completed their progress all the way through the Island and following DLCs and ascended multiple times.

I think this is why the tek suit is there. I'm pretty sure it wasn't designed for level 1s.

I haven't been on Gen 2 yet though, am planning on visiting today.

honestly its been kinda crazy watching how progressivly easier and easier its gotten to raid people over the years while the act of building a base and farming all the resources to defend it properly hasent changed much.

In the very beginning,  it was wood tier bases that was the preferred building material because stone tier and metal tier cost Cementing paste which was VERY time consuming to get back then. Then it was stone tier after WC removed cementing paste from stone tier building pieces recipes. Because of how hard it was to get cementing paste explosives were also an extravagance most people couldn't really afford.  Then in late 2015, WC released the giga, and it completly changed the game because of its tankieness and ability to damage stone tier with its bite.  Since CP was really hard to get only the alpha tribes could really afford to have metal bases which were immune from the gigas bite. So at this point alphas had a way to raid everyone else without spending their precious cp on explosives.  Then the beaver came out in 2016 and everything got easier. Metal bases? You got it. Explosives? Go for it.  raiding became much more accessible. Over the years more and more tools kept getting added to the attackers arsenals while base defense got nothing for a very very long time other than better building techniques. I firmly believe that this is one of the main reasons people are forced to build in caves and ratholes these days. fast forward to now, and now any fresh spawn can punch their way into a stone base. 

This game has changed A LOT over the years (and not all of it was for the better imo). 

11 hours ago, GP said:

The thing is though, Genesis II isn't really designed for level 1 players. It's designed for players that have completed their progress all the way through the Island and following DLCs and ascended multiple times.

I think this is why the tek suit is there. I'm pretty sure it wasn't designed for level 1s.

It doesn't matter, a player is not a program what always follows the progression what devs designed for us... its more like.. oH free tek, lets go, than back, we just started but we have tek... bye bye progression... Biggest bllsht... I love Ark, I dont have problems with bugs and crashes, its part of the game... BUT this tek... WTH!?

16 hours ago, GP said:

That's cool. But the design is not fun and boring. What I like about new content is the starting from fresh with everyone.

1 hour ago, blakemcclaren said:

That's cool. But the design is not fun and boring. What I like about new content is the starting from fresh with everyone.

Disagree. I bet there's a ton of people like me that never had a full tek suit and are having a blast finally being able to swoop around in one. It makes simply traveling around the map so much more fun.

Fights are a lot more dynamic now. 

22 hours ago, SleepinFrosty said:

Hello im here to ask for a nerf to the suit especially the tech punch. For a level 1 player being able to break into any stone bases is not just over powered but changes the meta completely and if the player is 100 and above and just maxs mele he just one shots players with 500 health and that is no where near balanced, I think that the free suits are awesome do not get me wrong I just think they are being abused and should not be as strong as the actually tech suits that players have to work for. Actually they are stronger considering that they take no tech to run. My best suggestion is to nerf the tech punch itll resolve this problem of mine and change the  meta to what it was maybe even not allowing that suit to break stone for stone in ark is supposedly mid game and someone in the start of the game being able to break stone with easy and the battle is just who hits who first is just boring and not alot of thought was put into it. Having a capped dps or percent dps the tech punch can do with the free suit would be awesome please fix the smaller things so it can be a enjoyable and playable experience especially for the people who cant stay up 12 hours a day. Thank you for reading lmk if anyone out there disagrees or agrees

THANKS FOR NERFING TEK PUNCH

• Volunteer Moderator
5 hours ago, St1ckyBandit said:

Disagree. I bet there's a ton of people like me that never had a full tek suit and are having a blast finally being able to swoop around in one. It makes simply traveling around the map so much more fun.

Fights are a lot more dynamic now. 

Exactly!

Plus it is meant to be the ENDGAME map. If people want naked survivor survival start back on the Island at the beginning of the story.

10 hours ago, GP said:

Exactly!

Plus it is meant to be the ENDGAME map. If people want naked survivor survival start back on the Island at the beginning of the story.

Even if “meant to be the ENDGAME map”, the choice not to make it more equitable to play for all levels is either bad business (knowingly catering to adv gamers; no equitable in-game progression loses potential future $) or good business for bad reason (cash grab regardless of critique). Getting servers right is best first step in bringing some balance; nerffing Tek Punch is second…the rest is wait and see.

10 minutes ago, BrnEnuf said:

Even if “meant to be the ENDGAME map”, the choice not to make it more equitable to play for all levels is either bad business (knowingly catering to adv gamers; no equitable in-game progression loses potential future $) or good business for bad reason (cash grab regardless of critique). Getting servers right is best first step in bringing some balance; nerffing Tek Punch is second…the rest is wait and see.

How is it not "Equitable" to all levels?  For newbs coming in it will make everything easier for them.  As a vet player I'm loving being able to use jetpack,  to the point I don't want to upgrade better armor.   Going back to my death bag is Amazing with it.  Lol 

• Volunteer Moderator
16 minutes ago, BrnEnuf said:

the choice not to make it more equitable to play for all levels

Everyone transfers across with their naked survivor and gets a free tek suit.

Everyone that starts a new naked survivor at lvl 1 gets a free tek suit.

The only difference between them is pre-existing levels.

How is this unfair exactly? It's an even playing field.

12 minutes ago, GP said:

Everyone transfers across with their naked survivor and gets a free tek suit.

Everyone that starts a new naked survivor at lvl 1 gets a free tek suit.

The only difference between them is pre-existing levels.

How is this unfair exactly? It's an even playing field.

People think that the game should be played a certain way and dislike when it doesn't line up with their preferred play style.

It's pretty obvious Gen 2 is meant to be a full on endgame map where you transfer in with an established character,  but if they refuse to see it that way then all they can do is complain

11 hours ago, SleepinFrosty said:

THANKS FOR NERFING TEK PUNCH

Posts like this in the Forums here are the Reason nonsense Patches like the last one happen.

I'm am in a Hi-Tech Suit. All good until last Patch. Now i'm fighting Dilos with a primitive, handmade Spear again.
Makes totally sense.

Non the less, the Starter Tech Suit is not stronger than the one you achive by Bossfights.
Not using Element is a nice feature. But one that makes no huge difference compared how easy you can get Element.
AND
The starter TEK Suit is a Skin. Pull it over your stronger classic TEK Suit: voila, no Element costs anymore.

If you don't like the PVP Part of the Game (like me, PVP is a bad joke nowadays; not only in ARK), there are simple solutions to this:
- join a PVE Server
- Create your own Server

And thank you for helping to destroy the immersion for everyone else (pouts, grabs her primitive spear and leaves)

• Volunteer Moderator
10 minutes ago, carbonark said:

People think that the game should be played a certain way and dislike when it doesn't line up with their preferred play style.

It's pretty obvious Gen 2 is meant to be a full on endgame map where you transfer in with an established character,  but if they refuse to see it that way then all they can do is complain

Exactly, and it is one-sided complaints/feedback.

People not happy with it spend time complaining, whilst people happy with it are spending time playing and enjoying it.

Suddenly it gets nerfed and it is all one-sided feedback. I literally got to play one nights session before it was gone.

3 minutes ago, Zayisha said:

Posts like this in the Forums here are the Reason nonsense Patches like the last one happen.

I'm am in a Hi-Tech Suit. All good until last Patch. Now i'm fighting Dilos with a primitive, handmade Spear again.
Makes totally sense.

Non the less, the Starter Tech Suit is not stronger than the one you achive by Bossfights.
Not using Element is a nice feature. But one that makes no huge difference compared how easy you can get Element.
AND
The starter TEK Suit is a Skin. Pull it over your stronger classic TEK Suit: voila, no Element costs anymore.

If you don't like the PVP Part of the Game (like me, PVP is a bad joke nowadays; not only in ARK), there are simple solutions to this:
- join a PVP Server
- Create your own Server

And thank you for helping to destroy the immersion for everyone else (pouts, grabs her primitive spear and leaves)

👍

5 hours ago, BrnEnuf said:

👍

a Skin that scales with mele as does the tech suit -pvp is the base of the game they have to nerf things so that other mechanics arnt abused all they did was remove tech punch witch just made life easier just caues its eaiser doesn't make it better- a lev 1 being able to break into a pvp stone base technically mid game is insane and a capped mele player being able to one shot a capped health player is also insane of course they are going to nerf something given for free thats op becaues it changes the meta why use tools if you can just punch rocks from level one pvp is the bread and butter of ark especially gen sense most of the new dinos account to pvp not pve- If you really miss farming enable the original tech gaunlets and you can farm mine all day for element instead of taking advantage of the free tech you get to fly around for free if that aint tech enough then idk what to tell yea

5 hours ago, BrnEnuf said:

👍

I think the armor is cool idea love it indeed my problem is the armor that noobs can raid, kill , mine with no effort at all except for clicking mele to one shot kids - so that said for pvp standards Tech punch is awful the tech suit is good i think it was smart idea to do with the dlc but making the suit scale makes the armor amazing instead of just okay yea i can fly around and do things

12 hours ago, SleepinFrosty said:

Yes but inexchange for armor is unlimited power and same dps that the punch would do the tek suit still eats element and does not do more dmg than the pre meta

It's a Skin EVERYONE gets.
So as already explained, just put that Skin on your Classic TEK Suit.

No more Element needs for your Classic TEK Suit + the better Stats.
Same DPS yes, but you will have more Armor. You are on an Advantage. If you mess up... it's because of you. Not because of the TEK Suit Skin.

12 hours ago, SleepinFrosty said:

a Skin that scales with mele as does the tech suit -pvp is the base of the game they have to nerf things so that other mechanics arnt abused all they did was remove tech punch witch just made life easier just caues its eaiser doesn't make it better- a lev 1 being able to break into a pvp stone base technically mid game is insane and a capped mele player being able to one shot a capped health player is also insane of course they are going to nerf something given for free thats op becaues it changes the meta why use tools if you can just punch rocks from level one pvp is the bread and butter of ark especially gen sense most of the new dinos account to pvp not pve- If you really miss farming enable the original tech gaunlets and you can farm mine all day for element instead of taking advantage of the free tech you get to fly around for free if that aint tech enough then idk what to tell yea

"-a Skin that scales with mele as does the tech suit -pvp is the base of the game they have to nerf things so that other mechanics arnt abused all they did was remove tech punch witch just made life easier just caues its eaiser doesn't make it better"

Everyone gets it. So the chances are leveled out and even.
So Skill decides the Outcome, not Gear. BEST parameters for PVP.
You still have an advantage over a Level 1 Player as described above. Plus the Level difference. You have more Points to spend as a 100+ Player compared to a Level 1.<

"-a lev 1 being able to break into a pvp stone base technically mid game is insane"

Working as intended. Stone is prey to TEK Suits, Alphas and Gigas.
Simple Solution: don't use Stone

"-a capped mele player being able to one shot a capped health player is also insane"
A doubt that a Level 1 capped Melee would kill a Health capped 100+.

Simple Solutions:
1. Don't run around naked
2. Get more Armor
3. Punch die Enemy first
4. get good in Movement and... well... dodge
5. Stay at range and use pistols/rifles; kite your enemy, web/bola him, stun him.

(btw, that's funny. A PVE Girl teaching a PVP Player how to PVP! xD )

"-becaues it changes the meta"
That is good. Some people will adept. Some don't want or can't adept.
That tells the skilled Players from the bad Players. HDFU
(btw, if someone wonders... Yes, i also play "EVE Online")

"-why use tools if you can just punch rocks from level one"
Because Tools/Dinos = more Mats in less time

"-pvp is the bread and butter of ark"
And yet you asked for having a weapon that can be used by everyone in pvp to be removed.

"-especially gen sense most of the new dinos account to pvp not pve"
That's your personal perception.
For me a lot of those new Dinos show great PVE potential. So it's quite evened out.

"-pve- If you really miss farming enable the original tech gaunlets and you can farm mine all day for element instead of taking advantage of the free tech you get to fly around for free if that aint tech enough then idk what to tell yea"
Nah. I just slap the free Skin on my Classic TEK Armor... THEN i fly around for free,... but with boosted Stats. xD

Archived