Unable to find any of my dedicated servers after updating game files

jaypup

I host my own cluster on another PC on my network and after the Gen2 update today... literally none of my cluster maps appear in either LAN or unofficial lists. The steam server list shows them though but I'm unable to use that method to connect. It throws an error "unable to query server info for invite:. 

I've removed all mods as a test and even the vanilla servers don't show up. 

Running on Windows, if that help. 

Update: I am able to see my server posted on https://www.battlemetrics.com/.... so it does have some amount of internet access as per usual. However the server version listed is strange. (v137150.12). 

Found Solution for anyone else. 

Short version: the server version is wrong for whatever reason (corrupt file?). You need to obtain a clean copy and most people tell you to reinstall the entire game.

Faster version that doesn;t require a complete re-install:

Install SteamCMD on your host. (https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/SteamCMD

Launch SteamCMD on your host and use it to download the server files. (Remove the < > and replace them with double quotes, for example, force_install_dir "C:\Program Files (x86)\Ark Server")
Use app id 376030 for Survival Evolved or use 445400 for Survival of The Fittest.
Steam> login anonymous
Steam> force_install_dir <install_dir>
Steam> app_update 376030 validate
Steam> exit

Backup your existing game directory, just in case. 

Rename the Win64 folder  to "Win64old"-- mine is location at  (E:\games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\ARK\ShooterGame\Binaries\Win64)

Copy the Win64 folder from the SteamCMD install location and paste it into the same directory as the Win64old folder. 

The start your server as usual, mine is done with a bat file. 

Need some help.

I have a cluster running on a rack server on the same network as the PC I use to connect to it. After the update, I can no longer see any other servers on the cluster. Island and Genesis show up in the favorites list, but not when interacting with any obelisks, supply drops, or mission points. SE, Aberration, Extinction don't show up in the favorites list anymore and Gen2 don't show up at all on any list. Before the update I could see all servers (with exception to Gen2 obviously), both in favorites and in the transfer menu. Steam server browser shows all servers except Island and Genesis as offline.

All servers are updated and running the same mods in the same order. Ports are forwarded on the router and firewalls. Query ports are also forwarded. Battlemetrics shows all servers as being offline and running version 327.21, even after updating with Gen2 release. No changes have been made to the ports or the port forwarding and firewall rules since before the update had landed. In-game browser shows the same 2 servers up and all others down. Connecting through a VPN also doesn't cause the servers in the cluster to show up on any menu. ARK typically doesn't like being thrown into a DMZ, so I haven't tried that yet. I had read somewhere that the query ports like a certain range but I'm not sure what that range is.

Other users report the same behavior on their end.

Anyone have any ideas what is causing this and what I can do to get my cluster to show up? What am I missing?

poop. I just made a post about this just now. Have you verified this works or are you just crossposting it here? My issue is very similar, but only 2 of my servers in the cluster show up, but not in the transfer list. I'll be giving this a shot when I get home from work today. Thanks for the idea. I'll post my results in here when/if I have them.

EDIT:
Looks like the mods merged it. Cool.

Yes this works, as I've just done it. Your issue sounds a little different since you see 2 of your servers but not the others. Are you starting them with a bat file or anything? I ask because for me, I leave that cmd window open and it shows some details in there... like the server version. That was my clue that something was wrong and the version mismatch was why I was not able to see my servers. The battlemetrics site only updates like once an hour unless you pay money, so be patient and let your server run and see if it shows up under the same name but with a different version number. 

One other thing that's weird for me is I have NATing enabled and port forwarding on my router but not all maps show up in my LAN list. Even on my own network I  have to use the unofficial server list within Ark if I want to login directly to like 2 of the 5 maps for some reason. I'm always able to use obelisks to transfer though so I've just let that issue be. 

3 hours ago, jaypup said:

Found Solution for anyone else. 

Short version: the server version is wrong for whatever reason (corrupt file?). You need to obtain a clean copy and most people tell you to reinstall the entire game.

Faster version that doesn;t require a complete re-install:

Install SteamCMD on your host. (https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/SteamCMD

Launch SteamCMD on your host and use it to download the server files. (Remove the < > and replace them with double quotes, for example, force_install_dir "C:\Program Files (x86)\Ark Server")
Use app id 376030 for Survival Evolved or use 445400 for Survival of The Fittest.
Steam> login anonymous
Steam> force_install_dir <install_dir>
Steam> app_update 376030 validate
Steam> exit

Backup your existing game directory, just in case. 

Rename the Win64 folder  to "Win64old"-- mine is location at  (E:\games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\ARK\ShooterGame\Binaries\Win64)

Copy the Win64 folder from the SteamCMD install location and paste it into the same directory as the Win64old folder. 

The start your server as usual, mine is done with a bat file. 

Confirm, that steamCMD version works correctly. However, i dindn't check is it work in the game folder - just copied saves to newly downloaded dedicated server.

Unfortunately, this fix did not work for me. Only this time after launching the servers after reinstalling Genesis was sole one to show up, and even then it only showed up under 'My Survivors'.  Still no luck on the cluster transfer in-game, and now the Steam server browser was showing no online servers. Before the reinstall I at least was able to see my servers in there. Still no luck on Battlemetrics and all server have been running since last night at 10PM until 5PM today. More than enough time to populate their results I think.

Reinstalling all the servers again right now. We'll see how much more of my time WC can waste.

Wow, seems like a common issue.

I have just ran into the same thing, prior to update all servers showed up in the Lan, after update, Favourites and Lan gone forever, or at least not showing up.

I have checked the firewall, removed the firewall, checked the port forwarding, removed the port forwarding, re-entered this information. Changed ports, just in case and nothing. I am literally stumped.

Now I use ASM, and never had any issues like this.

I should point out that I can initially start on a map, that I can find in the unofficial list, but I can not transfer to any other map in the cluster, as they don't show up in the Transmitters or Obelisks!

Thinking it is something simple, but not knowing were to begin!

5 minutes ago, CyberAngel67 said:

Wow, seems like a common issue.

I have just ran into the same thing, prior to update all servers showed up in the Lan, after update, Favourites and Lan gone forever, or at least not showing up.

I have checked the firewall, removed the firewall, checked the port forwarding, removed the port forwarding, re-entered this information. Changed ports, just in case and nothing. I am literally stumped.

Now I use ASM, and never had any issues like this.

I should point out that I can initially start on a map, that I can find in the unofficial list, but I can not transfer to any other map in the cluster, as they don't show up in the Transmitters or Obelisks!

Thinking it is something simple, but not knowing were to begin!

As a general rule if you can't see your servers in the unofficial server list, then you won't be able to xfer between them. If all servers are visible on the list then you just need to make sure the cluster-key matches. As for LAN visibility vs unofficial server lists, I still run into that issue. I haven't found a solution but since it doesn't stop functionality I haven't focused on it.  

5 hours ago, jaypup said:

As a general rule if you can't see your servers in the unofficial server list, then you won't be able to xfer between them. If all servers are visible on the list then you just need to make sure the cluster-key matches. As for LAN visibility vs unofficial server lists, I still run into that issue. I haven't found a solution but since it doesn't stop functionality I haven't focused on it.  

Yes I actually know that.

The problem is that these ports have never changed for me, for god knows how long! All I did was use a port for Genesis 2 and all hell broke.

And now nothing but the default 7777, 27015 works for me, anything else, will never show up on the Lan List.

I am so lost on what is happening here. And yeah for me the cluster key matches as well, like I said the only thing I did, was add a Gen2 server.

12 minutes ago, CyberAngel67 said:

Yes I actually know that.

The problem is that these ports have never changed for me, for god knows how long! All I did was use a port for Genesis 2 and all hell broke.

And now nothing but the default 7777, 27015 works for me, anything else, will never show up on the Lan List.

I am so lost on what is happening here. And yeah for me the cluster key matches as well, like I said the only thing I did, was add a Gen2 server.

Do you see your servers in the steam list?

1 minute ago, jaypup said:

How do you normally start your servers? After they start, can you do a netstat -a from a command prompt and see if the ports are being activated?

I use ASM, and not even the one that works is showing up.

but I do see all these

UDP    0.0.0.0:7777           *:* Works
  UDP    0.0.0.0:7779           *:*
  UDP    0.0.0.0:27015          *:* Works
  UDP    0.0.0.0:28105          *:*

1 minute ago, CyberAngel67 said:

I use ASM, and not even the one that works is showing up.

but I do see all these

UDP    0.0.0.0:7777           *:* Works
  UDP    0.0.0.0:7779           *:*
  UDP    0.0.0.0:27015          *:* Works
  UDP    0.0.0.0:28105          *:*

Oh.... I don't have any experience with ASM. 

2 minutes ago, jaypup said:

Oh.... I don't have any experience with ASM. 

Well it generates a bat file and runs that, but it is 100% port related by the looks of it. Because I can bring the map down that works, give those ports to the one that doesn't and fire it back up and it works fine.

What I don't understand is why all of a sudden is this occurring. It is almost like my ISP has started blocking ports or something.

9 hours ago, CyberAngel67 said:

And just like that they stopped working again!

At least they still show up in my Lan list though.

I have the same issue for a week now, can see in lan but no one can connect over network even if port are open

Have already reinstall Steam CMD, ARK survival and tried with ark server manager multiple configuration

waiting for patch i don't know what to try anymore

57 minutes ago, Greenchips said:

I have the same issue for a week now, can see in lan but no one can connect over network even if port are open

Have already reinstall Steam CMD, ARK survival and tried withark server manager multiple configuration

waiting for patch i don't know what to try more

I just managed to get mine working, and I have no idea why this one thing made a difference to me. But once I added

-StasisKeepControllers

To my bat file, I was able to again transfer from server to server with the Obelisk and transmitter. I can not see why that would make a difference, but it worked for me.

On further investigation, I had to modify the Firewall rules that are generated by ASM to met my setup.

In my case, I have symlinks to the one installation to reduce the space taken up on the HDD, and have normal folders for the configuration of each map. For some reason this was tripping up Windows Defender for private networks. I will double check with the guys who wrote ASM for a solution that will work.

But posting here, as this seems to trip up a lot of people.

Archived