What happened to Earth?

Kaiseror

This has been bugging me since the expansion came out, is it ever explained what happened to Earth after Extinction? The end of that expansion had the ARKs all coming back to Earth and Rockwell along with the Aberration Ark. Did the recolonisation effort fail or was the Genesis Ship a back-up plan and Rockwell somehow managed to leave Earth?

• Kaiseror changed the title to What happened to Earth?

Oh, I just made basically the same thread as you over in the Gen 2 section, didn't see this one. 

I wonder the same. We basically saved the earth and repopulated it. At the same time, Rockwell was there. If his plan was to spread across the cosmos, which we know it was.. Well, the first thing I thought about was Guardians of the Galaxy 2, and the way Ego was spreading. In order to infect all planets he would have to be able to leave behind a part of himself on all of them. So why would he leave the earth and not conquer it first? Unless he already did, and then put a part of himself onto the ship we tried to escape in which then grew and grew.

That would suggest we haven't actually killed him. Bringing him  back as a final boss yet again would be kinda cheap, so I don't really know. 

• 2 weeks later...

I was able to find one explorer note that seemed to imply that Rockwell got on the ship from some sort of connection it had with Arat Prime. With this information, I would guess that he did try to take over earth after the Aberration ark crashed on it but since the form he had on that ark was able to be beaten by a small group of survivors, there was no way he would've been able to take on the multiple arks worth that were now on the planet, especially with the arks purging the element from the planet which would possibly weaken him further. He was likely forced to retreat untill he found Arat Prime and escaped to the ship.

Archived