All Loot from Crates and Drops are Engram Quality

Errour

Hello fellow survivors! As we all know, the release of Gen 2 caused A LOT of server issues. Seems most of these have been fixed but one. All of our drops, with the exception of GEN 2, have nothing but primitive gear in them. These are all custom drops that I created for my all-map PVE cluster called A Dance With Dragons. Usually we get all different qualities but now only primitive. This is a big problem and for obvious reasons! I know at least part of the coding is working because the custom items I put in the drops are showing up and these items do not spawn by default. We would all really love if someone could shed some light on this. I reported this as a bug on here but got no response. 

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Volunteer Moderator
6 minutes ago, Coastis said:

According to the latest patch notes it has been fixed on Xbox, time will tell if it is really fixed or if they have Wildcarded it up again...

Current Version: v929.12 - 06/15/2021

• Fixed primitive supply crates on non Genesis 2 maps

Did you test it?

Yeah - this is definitely not fixed yet.  Got primitive Allo saddle and Mammoth saddle BP out of Red drop with ring.

I did notice this on the Discord server.

- Fixed primitive supply crates on non Genesis 2 maps

But that is for version 929.19.  I have not yet seen that version.  I am still on 929.7.  Not sure why the update is not being offered to me yet

9 minutes ago, ArkGuy3 said:

Yeah - this is definitely not fixed yet.  Got primitive Allo saddle and Mammoth saddle BP out of Red drop with ring.

I did notice this on the Discord server.

- Fixed primitive supply crates on non Genesis 2 maps

But that is for version 929.19.  I have not yet seen that version.  I am still on 929.7.  Not sure why the update is not being offered to me yet

The update is for servers only, if you're playing single player you won't yet see the fix until a new client update is released!

I confirm, I'm on the latest version and still not fixed and just getting primitive 99% of the time, I got 1 mastercraft pistol only after 10 lootbox (Ragnarok) all armor piece and saddles = primitive ...

Edit : went to ice queen cave, and 1 of the 5 loot had ascendant saddle, 4 others just primitive saddles or armor. Not sure that's what we want but there is an improvement.

Edit 2 : after more testing, it seems that it has been fixed, not sure why I was only getting primitive at the beginning but now it's a mix like it should be, will update if something strange pop up

Are these updates actually coming or should I just go play Jurassic Park again?  My personal timeline goes a bit like this... somewhere are 4-28-21, my entire past 6 months of play was destroyed by ineptitude beyond my control. That 6 months was intended to replace an adventure that actually started on PS4 in 1-6-20, but the PS4 kept crashing via some ambiguous error and was not really playable. After sulking (I feel justifiably) for about 2 weeks, I began again and until Gen 2 was released, I was making awesome progress. Once again, with ineptitude beyond my control, progress stopped when Wildcard killed the loot drops. It only took one week for the powers that be to pull their eyes away from the lack of Gen 2 servers and actually acknowledge there is a problem with (cough) single player console (I know single player console does leave a bad taste in the mouth, aye?). So eventually, someone drags a missive from Twitter or somewhere that informs us a fix is coming early this week. Well, it's mid-week now. I have had one Ark update on 6-14-21 and just a few minutes ago, the Xbox itself had a small update. Still no joy.

I guess anything positive that happens will happen when it happens, but I have just one more question. What has Wildcard done for me that would encourage me to engage in business with them anytime in the future?

• Volunteer Moderator
20 minutes ago, GoldRadium said:

I saw that yesterday there was a patch released to fix this, and my client is on the right version. But I'm still getting primitive drops from everything, so are they going to actually fix this? Or is this just the game now lol

The patch to fix this wasn't a client-side patch. It was a server patch. I'm seeing posts from other people saying they are getting loot now.

• Volunteer Moderator
21 minutes ago, GoldRadium said:

I saw that yesterday there was a patch released to fix this, and my client is on the right version. But I'm still getting primitive drops from everything, so are they going to actually fix this? Or is this just the game now lol

Which map, official/unofficial?

As of last night, still no loot. I just read a closed post saying the update was not client side and geesh...I have no idea what I am waiting for. Maybe a missive or announcement that says, "Hey single player dude, the update is going to be server side so there is no point in checking for updates every single hour just because you both love and hate this game and your indominable spirit keeps you from quitting...that or your OCD." I hit up about six drops or several colors and a few had rings.  I got the same primitive stuff as before.  I hear the loot was nerfed. Was that just to end the Gen 2 bait and switch...I mean introduction, or should I never expect to see good loot on The Island again?

As of now, 9:13 am 6-17-21, the loot on my single player game on The Island is still primitive loot. I just hit up 6-8 supply drops of various colors again and got primitive blueprints and basic level ghillie and chitin armor and basic primitive saddles. I logged out to recheck my settings and the loot is set to 5. 

So, if this really was fixed server side, I must have greater issues. It's a wonder I can play at all because what in the world am I connecting with if it isn't the servers on the server side that are fixed now? Hmmm...am I in a loot free time out for speaking my opinion?

Archived