All Loot from Crates and Drops are Engram Quality

Errour

I am sure thousands of players have noticed...no matter the crate level requirement : we are getting junk primitive bp/items.

This is true for Island, Rag, Center and Val (that I know of) ..

So, can anyone confirm this is a bug or an actual nerf??

And...I thought I posted under General, seems I landed in Genesis/General. Mods, please delete/move

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i have my own server through nitrado all the suplly are bugged as there is no ascdent loot in the suplly drops even tho i do have ascendent quality loot in the suppply drops the only thing thats showing is primitive gear that it aprat from eggs and etc but no ascendent, i dont have primtitve plus on my server (OC)(UK)2xFORSAKENARC RAGNAROK PVP

Yeah, there is another thread that Im sure joe will move this to, but its a thing currently.

If you absolutely must find some BP's I urge you to go fishing. Fishing is still profitable and if you have a better fishing pole from an alpha squid or alpha mosa, you can get some pretty OP BP's.

Using a fishing pole with 300% effectiveness, I managed to get 3 ascendant long neck BP's, 2 ascendant compound bow BP's, 2 assault rifle BP's, ect. ect.
I also got a couple of saddle BP's, but they was not the "greatest thing ever" They nerfed some of the saddle BP's off of fishing, so that sucks.

34 minutes ago, Skyrim2go4kill said:

As anybody tried reinstalling the  server then putting up back up game.ini and game.usersettings back in putting the last map save backup to see if that fixes I don't want to lose anything so if that works to fix yay but if not sorry just thinking outside the box lol

Doubt it will help, since issue as it seems been found on both official and unofficial servers, also different maps. 

On 6/6/2021 at 2:54 AM, CatInFire said:

I did find this in steam tho: 

Debby Saurus comment_modindicator_moderator.png 5 июн в 6:18  

Issue has already been made known, can't promise it'll be fixed for the next update as there have been a bunch of more pressing matters to address first :(
But for sure the one after that.

What is more pressing than ALL crate loot being broke across all servers? Im just surprised the bug wasnt prim loot til you buy Gen 2. Guess the best they could come up with was Gen 2 being the only map that has working crates.

Hello, I have played ARK for 6 months and I have a save for single player "The Island". 

Apparently as I was scouting around I have come to realize that every single supply crate and loot crate had nothing above Primitive Items. I did some testing to make sure that this Problem was legit such as rapidly increasing and decreasing the setting "Supply Crate Loot Quality". Unfortunately this had no effect on the local supply crates nearby, so I decided it probably was a bug.

I do not understand much of technology but I best recommend to look through the changes and the code for the last update specifically for loot crates and supply crates.

8 minutes ago, Moonie1 said:

What is more pressing than ALL crate loot being broke across all servers? Im just surprised the bug wasnt prim loot til you buy Gen 2. Guess the best they could come up with was Gen 2 being the only map that has working crates.

Obviously new dlc is more important, than something that got broken along the way.

It's pretty simple to me, even though it seems farfetched a bit. The ONLY server not forcing "primitive" drops is Gen2 and likely because they want to sell as much as they can, being is it's their last and final piece of the Genesis DLC puzzle. Make the rest of the game no fun and people will buy the "new" one. There's literally never been this issue in this game before and I've been playing since launch. Something so simple as "loot quality" is laughable to fix, which is another reason I'm saying it's being done on purpose. Thanks Wildcard, but I'll play Gen2 when I get ready to. You can close down every other map if you want to, but I'll still only play it on my own terms. 

3 minutes ago, Pracydna said:

It's pretty simple to me, even though it seems farfetched a bit. The ONLY server not forcing "primitive" drops is Gen2 and likely because they want to sell as much as they can, being is it's their last and final piece of the Genesis DLC puzzle. Make the rest of the game no fun and people will buy the "new" one. There's literally never been this issue in this game before and I've been playing since launch. Something so simple as "loot quality" is laughable to fix, which is another reason I'm saying it's being done on purpose. Thanks Wildcard, but I'll play Gen2 when I get ready to. You can close down every other map if you want to, but I'll still only play it on my own terms. 

Conspiracy is often confused with incompetence.

I hope this isn’t true but...

49 minutes ago, Pracydna said:

I feel that after almost a week, this should have been resolved. 
my small tribe just started doing Rag dungeons and now there’s no point until this gets fixed. 

On my singleplayer file since the update supply drops have been giving exclusively primitive items. Even red drops. I have it turned up to x3 quality and its still not giving me so much as ramshackle or slight above average primitive. And since there arent any patchnotes i can find (if you know where the recent update patch notes are feel free to share) i assume this is a bug. Now my theory is if i reset my data itll go back to normal but im too far in to check for a "maybe" fix. Maybe when i continue to scorched earth the drops might be able to give off what their supposed to since its not a started file. But can anyone confirm if this is also happening in their singleplayer file? or on servers? I was playing on a Gen 2 Map and those drops were correctly working. any possible theories for a solution? I guess the best i can do for now is enter the cheat summon command. So if i get like a sword out of a drop ill just spawn in the better quality but any natural suggestions would be nice. Also the zoom in button when you take out your map is broken. Just thought id throw that out there

Not sure this directly belongs here, but the issue started with the Genesis 2 launch/patch and I didn't see another bug report about it here. Ever since the Genesis 2 launch, all of the Loot Crates and Supply drops on other game maps only give Primitive Quality items and blueprints. Find a nice red drop with a ring on The Island? That Rex saddle blueprint inside it is Primitive quality, 100%. Find a Deep Sea Loot Crate on Scorched Earth? That flak armor piece inside is Primitive, 100%. Every single item that has a quality is Primitive. Kinda getting frustrating after days of it.

This is being discussed a fair bit on Reddit, so I assumed it had been reported here or on someone's radar at least. But after several days of patches fixing other launch issues, I haven't seen this issue resolved yet so I came here to check on it.

As a side note, I'd heard a rumor that the Ice Fishing mission on Genesis 1 was going to be fixed with the Genesis 2 launch, but apparently not since it's still broken. The mission has been broken for months, preventing completing the Genesis 1 map's alpha boss fight. You can sit down to fish in the mission, but can't actually cast. Very frustrating.

Thanks for you time.

- Dark Jester

• Noehlepoehle changed the title to all loot crates are still primitive

Archived