All Loot from Crates and Drops are Engram Quality

Errour

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have seen the same thing on RAG with a private Win 10 server.  We have tried both default loot quality (1) and boosted (5) loot quality and there is no difference.  All saddles, weapons and blueprints in every loot crate and loot drop comes out the same as can be crafted by learning the engram.  No bonuses at all.  :(  Please fix this bug!

6 hours ago, CatInFire said:

Could you tell me where exactly you found it? I cant confirm this.

It's in the Twitter feed section of the ARK Discord, and it links this tweet from Dollie :

Things in the works (not an exhaustive list due to twitter character limit):

• A crash fix
  • Smacking dolphins
  • Egg Incubator issue
  • Fixing an exploit
  • Prim drops on non Gen 2 maps

We've rolled out new Gen 2 servers, we'll keep monitoring and potentially add more if needed.

Source : https://twitter.com/NotDollie/status/1401338455422951428

BUMP.

This seriously needs to be addressed. Without word from the dev team it looks like nothing less than a tactic to drive sales for Genesis by holding loot quality on other maps ransom. Far fetched, maybe. But silence will make the mind wander. 

Less concerning is canteens breaking when you place them in water taps. Have to fill at a body of water. I'd rather deal with that or an area of the map to get stuck in than something so game breaking as engram quality desert and cave crates. 

8 hours ago, CatInFire said:

I did find this in steam tho: 

Debby Saurus comment_modindicator_moderator.png 5 июн в 6:18  

Issue has already been made known, can't promise it'll be fixed for the next update as there have been a bunch of more pressing matters to address first :(
But for sure the one after that.

Engram loot quality is at the top of pressing matters. Right there alongside things such as crashes and character loss. Really hope they dont fix something minor as an area you can get stuck in before fixing loot quality. If you get stuck in an area, yeah it sucks, but learn from it and dont go back there until a fix happens. Loot quality affects everyone on all maps and all modes at all times. Then again, wildcard never has had their priorities straight so it wouldnt surprise me if 2 or 3 patches released before this is resolved. All about the money if that does happen. You guys and gals want better loot? You better buy into the latest from us. What a joke. 

IF YOU NEED BLUEPRINTS, TRY FISHING!

Sorry for the eye cancer, but I want people to catch that. Right now fishing seems to be working well, I just toyed with it for about an hour and got 3 long neck blue prints, 1 at 400% damage ascendant. 2 assault rifle BP's, and 2 ascendant compound bow BP's as well as an assortment of other goodies. 

I also got a couple of saddle BP's, but compared to what I already had, meh. More time would probably yeild better stuff.

I play on a server with just one other person on the island.  We have loot quality set to max, since latest update, supply drops have been useless, giving only primitive loot. Any others experiencing this issue? It seemed to happen around the time I enabled the flyer speed leveling, which also does not work. Also unable to tame bees. 

1 hour ago, wizard03 said:

IF YOU NEED BLUEPRINTS, TRY FISHING!

Sorry for the eye cancer, but I want people to catch that. Right now fishing seems to be working well, I just toyed with it for about an hour and got 3 long neck blue prints, 1 at 400% damage ascendant. 2 assault rifle BP's, and 2 ascendant compound bow BP's as well as an assortment of other goodies. 

I also got a couple of saddle BP's, but compared to what I already had, meh. More time would probably yeild better stuff.

Its not just about getting blueprint, but also doing what you like while getting rewarded for it. Caves as one example. And how difficult it can be to fix this anyways? 

Another alternative although fishing works, I uploaded my survivor and popped into Gen 2 to scope the map out, the drops are working in the gen 2 maps. I ran around just collecting bp's and a few good items and loaded them up to transfer back. I know it isn't ideal, and not a work around in anyway if you don't have gen 2, but its a time killer, and in my own opinion a little more exciting then fishing ^^ Although fishing did work for me, just got bored. @CatInFire I wonder also how hard it can be to fix, being it works great on Gen 2.

2 minutes ago, 0dd6 said:

Another alternative although fishing works, I uploaded my survivor and popped into Gen 2 to scope the map out, the drops are working in the gen 2 maps. I ran around just collecting bp's and a few good items and loaded them up to transfer back. I know it isn't ideal, and not a work around in anyway if you don't have gen 2, but its a time killer, and in my own opinion a little more exciting then fishing ^^ Although fishing did work for me, just got bored. @CatInFire I wonder also how hard it can be to fix, being it works great on Gen 2.

That makes to wonder if it was intentional, or if they working on it for so long intentionally...

• Noehlepoehle changed the title to all loot crates are still primitive

Archived