server full Issues with Server Population

Grandta

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's Sunday night and i've still been unable to log onto 963. Because of this, my bases on multiple servers will start decaying with the electricals and plumbing. My dinos that are out, are dead from starvation because I 'm stuck on 963 and can't transfer because of the server full bug. About 6 months work of work will be erased and honestly  I will probably just quit. I don't plan to spend another 6 months breeding and building back all of those bases. I had looked forward to Ark 2, but seriously, if you can't even get your first game right, why would I buy the second one.

So yeah thanks to WC enabling the server cap now when the game crashes I have to try and fight to get back in. I might not be able to get back in though and that will cost me 3 maewing babies and gear from when I was killed by a rex while trying to tame it. Thanks alot WC for basically breaking the game by doing this, it was pretty obvious that the servers could handle more than 70 people at a time. But since you went and enable the server cap I am now out gear I had gotten from alphas and 3 new maewing babies.

Why would you allow 140 people on the server if you're just going to cap it at 70? what are the 70 other people supposed to do? We need less people. Not an EVO event. I joined when there were 5 people, how was I supposed to know I would be trying for hours just to try to get on, and everything is now at risk of decaying. I worked to make this character just to play this expansion, how is this fair? This is a situation that has no reason to happen.

Like everyone else has said this is ridiculous especially the part where it says there is room but you get a server full error. 

Worst is some people I know has informed me that Block Blocks are supposedly using methods to keep their characters in the game and then keeping the servers basically at cap. 

If they knew that there was going to be a cap issue then they shouldn't have released it until that was fixed. I was basically done with Ark, only really getting on to help a friend. So when Gen 2 dropped I returned and now I can't get into the server and I'm sitting here wondering why did I even return. 

You guys all have the problem of server clearly have open slot but when you try to join it say server full ?

Yesterday it was like 63/70 but nope , server full . And then a guy join , and next guy guy join in......30 mins , how someone manage to load the map in 30 mins. ...

I checked another server with 63/70 players , still get server full .

I guess this is an exploit with login lock , you know when you experience heavy lag and d/c , your char however still not fall to " sleep " , it just stand there as if there is a player controlling it thus the server think the player still there .

1 hour ago, TR-8R said:

You guys all have the problem of server clearly have open slot but when you try to join it say server full ?

Yesterday it was like 63/70 but nope , server full . And then a guy join , and next guy guy join in......30 mins , how someone manage to load the map in 30 mins. ...

I checked another server with 63/70 players , still get server full .

I guess this is an exploit with login lock , you know when you experience heavy lag and d/c , your char however still not fall to " sleep " , it just stand there as if there is a player controlling it thus the server think the player still there .

Apparently some people are using this 'feature' to exploit and hog the server. If you know better, in a Certain Country they are already selling gen 2 'ready made accounts' with 'starter base and dinos' online. They are doing it with real money so they would never loose their grip on the servers. While the people who love and enjoy the game are locked out of the game because WildCard made a childish and immature decision.  

If you go on battlematrics, it doesnt take a PhD to deduce that at least half the accounts on those full server are bots. They hogged the login limit and soft DDoS the server and make it having horrendous ping then we cannot get in.  The whole thing is repulsive but simple. As long as WildCard admit their mistake and revert their decision to cap it WITHOUT giving NOTICE and GRACE PERIOD. 

Sad truth is that from the current state, WildCard would likely insist that capping the server is the right move and will tell us that they are 'seeking a long term solution' while totally ignoring their own game mechanics which PUNISH YOU FOR NOT LOGGING IN. Structure decays, Dino Starves, food rots. This is not some MMORPG where I come back after 2 months of real life event knowing that my sword and pet are still there. DILO DILO DILO. 

3 minutes ago, Plum28 said:

It really seems like they lowered the server cap  to 60 people and you cant join as someone leaves, we could see in my partners pc he was lucky enough to get into the gen 2 server that there was only certain times that the server let batches of people in

For sure, the steam server viewer will show between 2 and 10 people getting in at the same times exactly. How does it decide the batches? We may never know. It encourages those who get in to stay logged in as long as they possibly can. All because Wildcard locked us in and wont let us out.

1 hour ago, Boud said:

For sure, the steam server viewer will show between 2 and 10 people getting in at the same times exactly. How does it decide the batches? We may never know. It encourages those who get in to stay logged in as long as they possibly can. All because Wildcard locked us in and wont let us out.

to be honest that is what is the most frustrating at  moment is you don't know when your able to get in cause the natural flow of letting players in is not happening and you sitting 4+ hours clicking the join button. 

They are fixing server crashes but the login trouble is not given attention too. More servers would be helpful but that wont solve the current problem of login. 

At one moment the cap is 70/70, then it changes to 89/70

This is the begining of the loop...

You then have to wait for 20 people (89/70) to blue screen or log off which takes about 2-3 hours each time

Then if you are lucky enough to hit join at the microsecond that 70th person drops....

Pat yourself on the back and go buy a lotto ticket (don't take too long though or you will get kicked for being inactive, how ironic)

Provide more OC servers

This is an absolute no brainer,  search gen2 official arks and have a good laugh at the OC's

Gen2 has immediately brought problems into the game, people including myself have  a main character locked in a server which i can no longer retrieve due to the server being constantly overfull. Been trying to get back in for 3 days... nothing wrong with my internet.

Wild Card, this is on you, this is your responsibility. Do something about it or you'll start losing players such as myself.

If you want people to enjoy your game, actually let people play your stupid game instead of adding server player limits, add a bloody queue to when a player can join.

People can't even check on structures/dinos on other maps because they can't retrieve their main account, and pretty soon my stuff will decay and die. I've already rated ark 1 star on the PS store. Hundreds of people are getting frustrated and angry at the overpopulation. I'd rather lag than not be able to play at all.

Thanks sooooo much for screwing people's fun up, let us play or lose players, your choice.

The stupid choice i made, i get my 120 char and explore Gen2 a bit and be gone again. Day 4 'server full'. Even trying to 'snipe' a login just after maintaince gave little succes.

At least give some sort of 'free pass' to login with a 15 minutes timer, enough to get myself to a mission node and never to return again. Half my server probably 24/7 sitters (if not more), be it early morning or late evening, nothing but 'server full'. I got a alt preventing decay on my home base, but i just want my character back.

I finally got mine off last night, after leaving my PC on and running the auto connect since they patched the server cap which only gave the server full message because i wasnt going to sit there for days on end just looking at my screen. And just sitting at my PC every so often and spamming the join button. Unfortunately the auto connect just gave me nothing but server full messages was able to get in by spamming the join button every now and then.   They should have announced that they were going to fix the server caps giving people the option of taking there character off if they didnt then they would have nothing to complain about as it was their choice to stay.  But to patch the server cap with no mention and then toss on an evo event which includes Gen part 2 to appease all the frustrated people was a 200 IQ move (sarcasm).

It only amplifies the problem at hand, by thursday we already had tek trans, replicator, friday they dropped the patch most of us work so when we were able to play again we couldnt due to our server was full ours had 160+/70 on thursday night ive heard some had over 200+. So by doing a evo event that includes Gen 2 when they said only a couple of days ago there wasnt going to be a evo event only to please those that can actually play and infuriate all the others with stuck characters making it that much harder to get them off.

Point being if you can get your character off your lucky because by now most will have tek sleeping pods and wont log off just to save their spot.  They should just make an annoucement that they will uncap servers for a 24hr period just so those that wish to take their characters off can.

2 hours ago, SinergyX said:

Majority is taking a break, they just afk-macro-move to not disconnect and always stay in the server.

Afk macro move?

You only need a little fkin autoclick to doubleclick every minute or so and transfer a fiber/thatch to an inventory to keep it running constantly, no need to be an engineer to do it, WC, simply, doesn't really care that much.

I mean, they got MOST of the money when people bought gen 1, no reason to pay that much attention to gen 2 launch.

Well TBH it seems WC has decided that only a few people that paid for this DLC can play on official PVE. 53 PVE servers is all they have deployed for this DLC. So only 3710 people can play PVE as all servers are capped. The lack of response to this issue speaks volumes that they have gotten your money now and they do not care. As i have said before bad business practice for sure on any future endeavors of WC. One thing i have learned over the years a customer base remembers the service they received be it good or bad and make their choices on future buys based on that. I know I will not be purchasing Ark 2 or any future games/products WC comes out with. Sad really. I feel bad for all the players that have Chars stuck on servers they can not log onto due to being capped. Good luck to all you that can not retrieve your chars or log onto your servers.

15 hours ago, Plum28 said:

to be honest that is what is the most frustrating at  moment is you don't know when your able to get in cause the natural flow of letting players in is not happening and you sitting 4+ hours clicking the join button. 

They are fixing server crashes but the login trouble is not given attention too. More servers would be helpful but that wont solve the current problem of login. 

Yeah exactly it doesn’t seem like it would be difficult to improve the interface when joining a server so that atleast you know how many people are ahead of you and whether or not it’s worth waiting. It’s the not knowing whether your going to have to wait 30 min or hours just to get in that bothers me most.

The only solution I can think of, is to remove the cap for a grace period for like a week or so. So people can get on and get their characters off but also allow transfers between Gen 2. So if you server has a high volume you can move your stuff to another Gen 2. As well during that time have the servers post announcements, like the ones they use to let us know that the servers are going down. Just an announcement saying 'Server caps have been removed until X time and during this time transfers between Gen 2 server are open'. 

It sort of makes sense why they don't want to add more servers since in a couple of weeks people are going to get what they want from Gen 2 and stop playing. Because of that They don't want to open to many servers that within a few weeks will be dead servers. But currently it seems they need to add more servers as it shows that a lot of people want to play Gen 2 and they messed up bad at the start cause now they have over 140+ trying to get onto one server that can only have like 70 at most. 

Including GM need to be more active on servers. If they see people on the server using the sleeping pod method to stay on so they can save a slot. They should forcibly disconnect them to allow room to other people. 

• Tizar changed the title to Genesis 2 EU Servers!
  • Joebl0w13 locked this topic

Archived