server full Issues with Server Population

Grandta

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Duke1 said:

The ARK game is good, its just poorly supported. Considering this, the vendor releasing Gen 2, forgot to put in server caps, oops! The project manager takes a hit for that mess, then to fix it they toss out an untested patch, now all the servers show as full (when they're not). Project Manager just got fired.  Vendor support is useless, since they're not talking about the issue.  In any customer support focused area, announce the issue and control the narrative.  Wildcard is taking the approach to just be silent and maybe it'll go away on its own. They will loose customers and ARK 2 sales will not be profitable.

You have a very good understanding on the industry. 

BTW those whjo would still spend money at a final expansion are most potential to pay for ark 2. See what they have done? 

In Short, Their creative team is stellar, programming team is above average, marketing team is mediocre, support team is poop. 

12 minutes ago, flamebalrog said:

Above average? They are perfect example how NOT code. One of the worst teams i've ever seen.

I need to agree though that creative team is pretty good

Well even considering all the faulty stuff, the programming team is the people who bring the creative team's idea from paper to your screen, all the different dino's behaviors. I would say it is above avarage. 

But back to the narrative, FIX THAT SERVER CAP NOW. 

btw they took time to fix a dolphin. 

1 minute ago, zerogamegame said:

Well even considering all the faulty stuff, the programming team is the people who bring the creative team's idea from paper to your screen, all the different dino's behaviors. I would say it is above avarage. 

But back to the narrative, FIX THAT SERVER CAP NOW. 

Server CAP is not actually a good example how bad they are. Thats just one mistake, happens to everyone. You can see team quality by how fast and how efficient the fix those problems. Even here you can see the low quality of their work just by the way how they did it. They did nothing, just set the cap  back and started a few new servers. 

I wouldnt be so negative towards their support. Based on a few interaction,  yes i can agree that they are slow and often have just negative and unhelpfull attitude but other than that they actually dont have even basic tools to do their job. They are just like players with some magic powers to teleport, change ownerships, spawn something etc. No real tools.

Take a look at duping or loosing chars. Those 2 are perfect examples how bad designed this game is.  Items and players dont have ID's. Char transfers (copy then delete) is extremely stupid. And don't forget that their game is based on unreal engine and most of the functions are already there. Devs are not really creating them. So again. Those guy are one of the worst devs ive evern seen. Second worst thing is that they dont listen to community at all. Region lock feature is requested for years now and is causing (no offence to the [] guys) tons of problems.

STILL can't get into the server I play on and it STILL say it's under 70 (max). It doesn't matter what gen 2 server I try NONE will let me in , SO  that pretty much makes the game unplayable (I didn't buy it to have to play single player OR spend even MORE money and rent a server ) So all the work I put in 2 days ago will be gone because I doubt Wildcard will fix this any time soon . BS company , I'm glad this is the last Dlc .

Nevermind lots of kids go back to school tomorrow (Monday) half term in UK right now so lots more space during the day😁. I work nights so have no issues connecting during the week but weekends are a nightmare to get on. I. Literally writing this message while in a que now. 30 mins so far. Still says 82/70 so probably gonna be a while yet. Waited over 2 hrs yesterday and then got kicked after finally getting in. I just gave up and went to sleep

I'm considering getting a refund on this, since it's literally unplayable.

I can't even log in long enough to Log my character onto a unpopulated server.

Last Time i played on gentwo map is was day 36. It's 62 now. And every single time i manage to actually log in, a server patch mean that NOPE HAHA you can't log of or your character might get deleted.

So basically I spent some money to pay for Vin Deisel's cameo, and now I can't play the game at all without creating a new character.

My question is, what's gonna happen to my characters and dinos on other servers if I get a refund and remove gentwo while my character is stuck?

9 minutes ago, Galeiam said:

I'm considering getting a refund on this, since it's literally unplayable.

I can't even log in long enough to Log my character onto a unpopulated server.

Last Time i played on gentwo map is was day 36. It's 62 now. And every single time i manage to actually log in, a server patch mean that NOPE HAHA you can't log of or your character might get deleted.

So basically I spent some money to pay for Vin Deisel's cameo, and now I can't play the game at all without creating a new character.

My question is, what's gonna happen to my characters and dinos on other servers if I get a refund and remove gentwo while my character is stuck?

Why was this merged to another thread? It's an entirely different circumstance and question?

Servers showing space cannot be joined with the "Server Full" message popping up, example 67/70. When refreshing I have seen the number drop as low as 58/70 and still the same message, the count in the server goes up and down and still shows the same message.

It seems that the player count is not being reported correctly.

6 minutes ago, mmbeer said:

Servers showing space cannot be joined with the "Server Full" message popping up, example 67/70. When refreshing I have seen the number drop as low as 58/70 and still the same message, the count in the server goes up and down and still shows the same message.

It seems that the player count is not being reported correctly.

crossplay issue there i think.

The game only records Steam logins.

So i wanna take this time to give a big shout out to wildcard. Cause my god yall have left me stunned. 

First I want to thank wildcard for the many delays of a game that was supposed to come out last year, and still came out worse then cyberpunk.

Secondly I would like to thank wildcard for the amazing launch. They 1 that was supposed to happen on the 2nd... i mean 3rd at 8am est.,. i mean at 10 am ... i mean at 1pm est.

Thirdly I would like to thank wildcard for reviewing the report I sent in of a tribe who first stole another players mats from a pod while trying to craft, then who built right on top of my base, then flew into my base and power punched my dinos while i was trying to breed them. Then snagged 1 of my eggs that dropped. Then decided to pillar up all the metal nodes behind my base. An for thw swift action of then wiping all my pilars next to my base to try and prevent people building on top of me, while completly ignoring the tribe violating all your own rules. 

An Fourthly I wanna thank WIldcard for there awesome servers. The 40+ server they launched with that broke an allowed 140+ people to play on. Now causing over flow on all the servers that most people can't even get on. I mean who doesn't want to pay for a game, and then have to wait 30+ hours to get luckly enough for maint. to hit for you can even get on. Brovo

My god i tip my hat to yall at being hands down the worst gaming company I have ever had the misfortune of playing. So cheers to you wildcard for always showing that no standard is to low for yall to break, that just when people think it can't possibly get worse... Yall crazy folks do it.

As someone mentioned, they should (at the very LEAST) make an official announcement to the effect of  "hey, we made a mistake, we're going to raise the server cap for X amount of time to give people a chance to log on  and remove their characters to other servers before re-instating the server cap" that way at least people who moved their main (or only) character onto a gen 2 server won't lose all their stuff/tames on other servers due to being stranded on gen 2.

I've pretty much given up the character I made on my gen 2 pve server by this point. She had a raptor and a trike and a few dodos, but the hurty thing is the hours of work I poured into hand-farming the mats to build what was a really pretty stone house with a good view of one of the waterfalls :(

The problem is there's no real incentive for WC to fix this, this issue doesn't affect them beyond just irate customers who already paid and the % of people who will actually refund is insignificant to their bottom line.

Then you have the community manager going on twitter and stating that its hard to accurately predict the amount of servers needed...  No its not, there are particular methods that any self-respecting company of this caliber can implement to avoid this from happening... Specially if the same thing happens over and over and over again.

Its a joke i spent all 1st day finding a spot worked hard to get setup dinos and all and now cant get in been trying for 2 days now server full only gave oc 2 servers wth is with that i paid to play online and now cant get on and am going to lose all that hard work... Im digusted with the way oc area has only been given 2 servers. I am defo not buying ark 2 had enough of all this bs over it and im sure alot of other players are aswell...

• Tizar changed the title to Genesis 2 EU Servers!
  • Joebl0w13 locked this topic

Archived