server full Issues with Server Population

Grandta

Server cap is 70, It'll be at 65-69 and still say full. I have confirmed that no matter what you do. It'll tell you full when it's not making it difficult for others to make progress on new DLC. I had a friend who got in, I had them leave and see if I could join while also watching steam server logs and there were 67 people in the server, It still proceeded to tell me it was full despite knowing for a fact someone left. It's very rarely you can actually get in and it'd all be solved by adding a simple que.

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Freaking annoying as hell to spam click login for 2 hours just to try to play this game. it gets to 65/70 then instantly jumps back to 70. you need to implement an actual que so ppl have an idea how long til the get in and actually get in based on how long you sat in que this is one more case of poor crap management in the decisions of how to set things up in the game.

After 16hours of continuous trying I still could not get into server 979 to retrieve my character. I paid for the expansion and expected to play it. Wildcard you owe me and other similar players a (*&(KING EXPLANATION and SOLUTION!!!!

You want to enforce server cap. FINE. But at least GIVE PLAYERS one day to EVACUATE! Dont JUST RESET AND HAHAHA!  What kind of childish and immature decision making process at your whole server admin team is going through? Most of the capped server has toxic players from YouKnowWhichCountry and they are  HOGGING the server.   

A handful of players from my original TheIsland server are encountering the same problem. 

We just want to go in, have 15 mins to get out of there and that's it. 

Studio Wildcard, YOU know you can do it in a snap but YOU JUST DONT WANT TO ADMIT YOUR MISTAKES.

What a.

21 hours ago, Unspokenone said:

Well this is crap. lost count how many times the gen 2 server I was playing on crashed today. Every gen 2 server is player maxed, and every square inch (including many of the quest terminals) have been pillared. To make matters worse they drop an unscheduled maintenance on us and say it will only be down for 15 minutes, 2 hours later and the servers are still down! nice job WC *sigh*

I can't even get in, haven't been able to for over a day because of overpop, my server is OC 1548, my stuff has surely started to decay by now, after the update, I haven't even been able to check on my stuff on other maps...WC, you screwed up big time, i can't even check on my dinos on other maps now they're just gonna die. I can't even spam refresh because the game crashes if i do, it's my main that's stuck in gen2

• Volunteer Moderator
24 minutes ago, TiT4nS90 said:

good morning or good evening .. I wanted to report that I manage 8 Unofficial servers and the problem is on all the MAPS .. are there any problems with the level of the character reaching maximum level 80 and not taking more experience?  do you have the same problem as me?

Merged here, check above.

I have the same problem with everyone here, I have been trying to log in for 48hours+ to get my toon out, I guess our tames and hard work will be gone  if they dont fix it soon, I should not have use my main toon to go genesis 2, I knew there always a problem for every new map they releases. R.I.P my doggo in Crystal isle :(.

Wildcard not only needs to let people retrieve their Characters from servers but they need to add more servers. They knew there was a lot of hype for this new DLC/Map yet they fell short on supplying enough servers so all those that paid for the Map could play. They need to do right by the community that has supported them from day one and all those that have purchased their game and supply adequate servers . This is just good business practice. Sadly a lot are unable to play due to lack of servers or Characters being held hostage on capped servers that they can not join. Since a lot of players now will stay logged in all the time to ensure they can play on their server of choice. 

Happening on  EU 987 60/70 and NA 974 64/70, both PVE. Always server full, no matter how many are shown as on the server. The pattern I'm seeing is this, vendor attempted to fix the initial issue of no cap, by patching. The patch is obviously failing in the opposite direction.  If you sign on and do nothing (no foundations), then you can leave and come back without any issues. If you lay a single foundation and possible lay a bed, once you log off, you will get the "Server Full", not matter how many are shown as logged on. Vender didn't test patch when they applied it, this is a big fail.

Same issue here, my main Character is on OC 979, and since update i cannot get on and im sure my baby Reaper i worked off my arse to get will be dead. i even setup my power drill to rotate and click my mouse every 2 seconds, after 16 hours a couple client/laptop restarts i haven't gotten in. i have played this game since beta and being this is meant to be your last and most anticipated expansion, it has been at least for me the biggest flop of them all.

The ARK game is good, its just poorly supported. Considering this, the vendor releasing Gen 2, forgot to put in server caps, oops! The project manager takes a hit for that mess, then to fix it they toss out an untested patch, now all the servers show as full (when they're not). Project Manager just got fired.  Vendor support is useless, since they're not talking about the issue.  In any customer support focused area, announce the issue and control the narrative.  Wildcard is taking the approach to just be silent and maybe it'll go away on its own. They will loose customers and ARK 2 sales will not be profitable.

• Tizar changed the title to Genesis 2 EU Servers!
  • Joebl0w13 locked this topic

Archived