ARK: Genesis Part 2 is Live!

StudioWildcard

I’m not at all surprised by the issues I’ve read down through in the comments.  Classic WC, same song and dance that we’ve seen over the last 6 years.  I caved and bought the genesis seasons pass this morning and now I’m wondering if it was 30 bucks just wasted.  I logged into the official server where my main base is and saw that they only added 2 gen 2 servers for crossplay?????  Seriously WC, what stupid logic was that???  It’s about as idiotic as having 1 server on crossplay for the island, aberration, scorched earth, Ragnarok and the center maps. The biggest most hyped up expansion to date and you pull your classic BS.  Then talking with one of my friends on that server they said that game chat was broke (conversed over Xbox messaging), and also told me about only 2 gen 2 servers.  You KNOW that whenever you release new DLCs the servers are going to get flooded with people wanting to play em and you STILL do it, WHY???  My buddy also told me that both gen 2 maps are pillared to hell already, and also at 75/70 server pop 20 hours out of 24.  If you’re going to stick the screws to us at least do it with an apology and a drink first, by implementing these things to PVE at least:

1- Enable a capped movement speed to flyers on official 

2- Remove the transfer timers (you say you have a handle on cheaters now, that’s why they were implemented in the first place).

3- allow the transfer of element shards (at least)

4- Enable PERMANENT 2X BREEDING AND MATURATION ( you have permanently doubled taming and harvesting TWICE).

5- STOP BREAKING SOMETHING THE GAME WITH EVERY SINGLE UPDATE

There are other things that really need to be implemented but that’s just my top 5.  Other than that, genesis looks awesome, probably just going to learn engrams and stay off the gen 2 servers until more are added or things calm down after the first month.

Edited by ccz2887

I got dinos in pods that have a matter of hours left on their charge...sup WC?...you already dont support legacy players, i will have no way to recoup those dinos if they perish. And FIX THE MANTICORE ON VAL ALREADY, I lost alot of dinos to the pinned Manticore bug i will never get back cause WC dosent support legacy...

I main on OC crossplay Val 1176 and that cluster. I'm in love with Ark, been full time playing since I started 3 months ago (I'm on med leave so I got time haha) I managed to get into a big tribe and thats helped me along heaps so ive already done everything that's worth doing on the 4 maps we have.  Why don't we get any of the new genisis maps or even crystelle isles? We have been building our server with new bobs in the hopes of getting at least one map added but yeah no luck. 

All tribe members have done updates (we all did all nighters for gen 2 release) and we still didn't get any new map, still just our 'played to death already' maps. Honestly that whole server will die if it doesn't get something new hapoening. theres too many high level people and 1000s of hours of peoples work put into these maps too so we don't want to abandon that but we also desperately want new maps 

Edited by Oneouts
More to add

Great update but I was only able to play for about an hour before I got kicked off and the server has been full ever since. Have been waiting in a que for over 3 hours to join back and I have no idea what’s going on cant you just increase server count to 80 or even 90 people with how popular this is going to be only half the people will be able to play or they will give up 

I main on OC crossplay Val 1176 and that cluster. Why don't we get any of the new genisis maps or even crystelle isles?

All tribe members have done updates (we all did all nighters for gen 2 release) and we still didn't get any new map, still just our 'played to death already' maps. Honestly that whole server will die if it doesn't get something new hapoening. theres too many high level people and 1000s of hours of peoples work put into these maps too so we don't want to abandon that but we also desperately want new maps 

Also, The lag on this game has cost me so many tames :( it actually breaks my heart losing them like that hahahaha

New Genesis 2 DLC...NO thanks!  The engrams look cool....but as a player who stayed on primitive legacy official until they cancelled them.....this game is less a dinosaur survival and some space game....just not for me.

I am surprised any legacy servers still exist....I finally moved to new official when my legacy server was migrated .....again....lol.

2 hours ago, Jedderz said:

Great update but I was only able to play for about an hour before I got kicked off and the server has been full ever since. Have been waiting in a que for over 3 hours to join back and I have no idea what’s going on cant you just increase server count to 80 or even 90 people with how popular this is going to be only half the people will be able to play or they will give up 

Raising the population cap isn’t a good idea.  The servers can’t handle the 70 it’s at now.  They never could even during legacy when server pop cap was like 50.  This is a problem WITH EVERY SINGLE DLC DROP.  This has happened since the center was released, even before then when it was just the island.  When these dlcs drop they need to add MORE servers to launch day to handle the flood of players logging into the new map.  I play on the na crossplay cluster and we only got 2 gen 2 servers on launch.  Same with the EU cluster, meanwhile I believe there’s like 6 Valguero servers or somethin.  It’s a saddening incompetence that punishes the entire community.

Launch a new map first few hours not everything works (trikes don't collect berries but wood and thatch) ping is through the roof (255) then to top it off  go to log in this morning server says 60/70 players  attempt to log in and get server full message. The thing of it is i love the game but the way Wildcard has decided to just do whatever they want without giving two-S**ts about its player base has really had me questioning why i enjoy the game so much and why i continue to throw my hard earned at it. Sadly they will probably be doing the same thing with Ark 2 which at this point i will not be a part of.

Servers have always been an issue with this game fix it already. Over the last five years you think an attempt would have been made but nope instead lets keep adding new content to a very busted game. Seriously thinking of uninstalling this waste of time and money and finally putting it behind me which i should have done long ago.