Server host black screen

after updating I realized my hosts screen is just black ( i host a dedicated  server on a computer and I play the game threw Xbox app ) upon loading in you get the loading screen for the host and then just black , pause screen shows up when you pause the game. for my friends that join on my other Xbox they load in okay but all their engrams were reset , they kept their level but all the points need to be re applied which is annoying but fine to deal with, all my dinos are there everything is exactly how the server was left last night, the only big problem is the host screen that usually shows the player, admins, whitelist , ban list is completely black 

having the exact same issue.  I can load the server on my pc and connect to it from my xbox, but no admin panel on my PC.   I posted on the reddit but no responses.  Here's hoping someone sees this and knows a fix because this is a bit annoying.  I like to know who is on my server because even with password protection i get random people joining it sometimes.

50 minutes ago, morgueroth said:

having the exact same issue.  I can load the server on my pc and connect to it from my xbox, but no admin panel on my PC.   I posted on the reddit but no responses.  Here's hoping someone sees this and knows a fix because this is a bit annoying.  I like to know who is on my server because even with password protection i get random people joining it sometimes.

its from the new update, one of the creators tweeted on twitter that they are currently working on fixes for playstation and steam versions only for now, i dont know if they are aware of all the problems on xbox 

but here's a tip for random people joining , if you bought the game on xbox and hosting it on pc from the xbox app you can set that profile to offline, anyone on your friends list that you dont know cant join , it would require a invite, what i did was i made a new account completely and only added my account for playing on the server and my friends account, then, me and him are the only ones that can join without needing a invite other then that our server is dedicated yet still private

i found a way to access the admin commands via the server password so i have a bit of a workaround until they fix it.  What you need to do is open up the command console in Ark (X+Y+LB+RB) on your xbox, type in the server password and hit request admin.  it will give you admin.  Its not a perfect work around but its good enough for now.

I am having this same issue on xbox. On an additional note, after doing some basic troubleshooting,  I was about to give up on the fix so I decided to Uninstaller and reinstall.... lost literally everything.  This is sickening. I purchased an Xbox simply for the dedicate server and now it's broken and every forum I see says xbox won't be a priority for the fix. 

I am seeing the same thing.  However it does seem to work.  Even tho the server screen is black and the loading music is playing constantly, I can connect with my XBox and play, so can the other players on my server.  So, I have been doing a SaveWorld and DoExit (from the XBox) when shutting down the server to back it up.  Please fix this bug!

On 6/3/2021 at 6:51 PM, grayman7503 said:

I have been playing around on it. If you hit Tab on the black box then the prompt comes up and you can do all of your admin commands from there (destroywilddinos, etc). I had to use the console for creative mode but I liked using the pc for my commands. It helps that both the pc and Xbox are in the same room. 

Thank you - the tab hint is very helpful

On 6/6/2021 at 3:24 AM, ArkGuy3 said:

I found a workaround for Win10 Servers!!!

Press tab and type "ShowMyAdminManager" and the Admin Manager Screen will appear.  It doesn't have the Exit button to shut down the server gracefully, but you can probably run AdminCheat DoExit (from the tab prompt) and shut down server as graceful as possible.

Is there a way to give admin privileges to a player on the admin manager page? The only way I used to be able to do it is on the page that currently shows blank? 

On 6/11/2021 at 3:46 PM, Antogt said:

Is there a way to give admin privileges to a player on the admin manager page? The only way I used to be able to do it is on the page that currently shows blank? 

By the way, they fixed the black screen with the last patch! 

But to answer the question, for us, we use the Admin Password to get admin.  On the XBox, press the tripple line button and then LB + RB + X + Y.  Then in the box type the admin password and press the "Request Admin" button.  This will give you admin until you log out.

18 hours ago, ArkGuy3 said:

By the way, they fixed the black screen with the last patch! 

But to answer the question, for us, we use the Admin Password to get admin.  On the XBox, press the tripple line button and then LB + RB + X + Y.  Then in the box type the admin password and press the "Request Admin" button.  This will give you admin until you log out.

for some reason when im playing on the server on my xbox when i press that button combo, the box doesnt pop up. it pops up if i play single player, but not when im playing on my dedicated server.

Archived