Went from PS4 to PC, aggressive dinos run away?

WolfBrinkTV

I haven’t played Ark in about 8 months, however when I originally switched to PC from PS4, it seemed like the AI took a massive dump. On PS4, aggressive carnivores and such would attack you immediately if provoked, or if you damaged them. On PC I’ve ran into so many situations where they all just run away from me for like 5 minutes before they finally decide to attack me. Almost as if they can’t figure out how to get to me or their pathing is off.

Has this been fixed? Or has this been something anyone else has experienced on PC?

Here is just a quick clip I took for an example. I could post better ones of me landing by a Rex and then just running away too lol it just kinda makes the game feel less enjoyable. There’s no fear in getting attacked a lot of the time lol

https://www.twitch.tv/wolfbrink/clip/DaintyNiceClipsmomPraiseIt-UojVHqnTxWTA9nbX?filter=clips&range=7d&sort=time

37 minutes ago, Cowgirl said:

Yea they run from anything if they are down to like 30% (estimated) HP or their torp is about 65-70% high. Also if you are trying to tame something and you are on a cliff and it cant hit you after like a minute of trying to attack you it will run away but then it comes back almost every time.

The issue I had before was this. Let’s say I ran up to a Carno on the beach and stabbed it with my spear, it would roar, then turn and run away. While it’s running away he would be targeted onto me (head turned facing me while running) but running away.

After a few minutes he would then run at me and attack. Sometimes they’d attack for a moment or 2, then run away confused again lol. I wasn’t sure if anyone else had to deal with that or if it was a bug that got fixed.

8 minutes ago, WolfBrinkTV said:

The issue I had before was this. Let’s say I ran up to a Carno on the beach and stabbed it with my spear, it would roar, then turn and run away. While it’s running away he would be targeted onto me (head turned facing me while running) but running away.

After a few minutes he would then run at me and attack. Sometimes they’d attack for a moment or 2, then run away confused again lol. I wasn’t sure if anyone else had to deal with that or if it was a bug that got fixed.

It might have been down in HP before

10 hours ago, WolfBrinkTV said:

It's not a bug, it's a change they made to the AI a while back ( at least a year, probably more ) so that carnivores are less predictable and stupid. Raptors especially do this a lot. It's designed to make you want to chase them and possibly get yourself into a bad situation, or at least have to be aware that they're going to come back and attack you again so that you have to be occupied with them until you can finish the fight. Sometimes they don't even come back, they just run away indefinitely until they get out of sight range and then go back to what they were doing.

On 6/3/2021 at 9:47 PM, Pipinghot said:

It's not a bug, it's a change they made to the AI a while back ( at least a year, probably more ) so that carnivores are less predictable and stupid. Raptors especially do this a lot. It's designed to make you want to chase them and possibly get yourself into a bad situation, or at least have to be aware that they're going to come back and attack you again so that you have to be occupied with them until you can finish the fight. Sometimes they don't even come back, they just run away indefinitely until they get out of sight range and then go back to what they were doing.

Really? It seems like a feature they should revert. Carnivores are literally not a threat in this game compared to my experience on PS4. I can literally just hang out around an Alpha Raptor for example and he wont even attack me unless I sit there for a VERY prolonged amount of time. They just run around like spazzes bumping into you. lol I will post a few clips of what I mean. I feel like Carnivores should be merciless once they notice you.

https://www.twitch.tv/wolfbrink/clip/DaintyNiceClipsmomPraiseIt-UojVHqnTxWTA9nbX?filter=clips&range=7d&sort=time

https://www.twitch.tv/wolfbrink/clip/ProtectiveCrypticSandstormTebowing-qtAWDQtmHsOz0RnQ?filter=clips&range=7d&sort=time 

Ignore my friend in the second clip, he's just being a goof. For some context though, that Alpha has been near/next to me for a long time. It just kinda startled me for a sec because I thought it was going to actually attack me lol.

So that's normal behavior?

Im on the xbone, its kind of a toss up as to how an encounter will go down. Most times, yeah. Right in your face, gnaw gnaw gnaw. Other times, they run. 

With that said, it seems that they run most if you allmost got them knocked out, close to killing them off, or are in a position they can't get to. Iv even managed to get a giga to run away from me. O.O! 

Didn't last but for a couple of minutes till he turned around to finally get me, but I was wedged between a couple rocks, waiting for the inevitable end, when he got up on a rock and just couldn't get a nibble in due to the angle......he worked it for a long time before he took off, but yeah. He ran away.

3 hours ago, wizard03 said:

Im on the xbone, its kind of a toss up as to how an encounter will go down. Most times, yeah. Right in your face, gnaw gnaw gnaw. Other times, they run. 

With that said, it seems that they run most if you allmost got them knocked out, close to killing them off, or are in a position they can't get to. Iv even managed to get a giga to run away from me. O.O! 

Didn't last but for a couple of minutes till he turned around to finally get me, but I was wedged between a couple rocks, waiting for the inevitable end, when he got up on a rock and just couldn't get a nibble in due to the angle......he worked it for a long time before he took off, but yeah. He ran away.

When it comes to knocking out a dino, or killing them, it has always been (across all platforms) that when their torpor gets high, or when their HP gets low, they will flee.

Which, is a good feature, and an understandable one. However, like in the clips I posted above, if I’m just running around fearless around carnivores and Alphas, somethings wrong in my opinion. I think PC has some AI issues.

Archived