Reminder to PC players: back up your files before GII drops!

Cymas

Just wanted to remind everyone, especially new players who weren't here for the last expansion, if you are playing in any game mode where you have the capability to do this, make sure you go ahead and back up your character, all the maps you're playing on and most importantly, your game .ini files! I don't know why this is but new expansions have a tendency to wipe your single player settings and it's really, really annoying.

As a follow up to this... If there are private server S+ mod users out there... there will likely be a lot of Ark updates following the Gen 2 release. 

Last time we did a new map release like this, the S+ mod was automatically dropped both during the new map install, and during subsequent updates. Don't forget to double check that S+ mod is updated and properly applied before loading into your game. I don't know if it's still an issue with the newer S+, but last time we forgot to check this before loading the server, and everything built with S+ was suddenly gone, leaving only the vanilla materials in place. 

15 hours ago, Cymas said:

Just wanted to remind everyone, especially new players who weren't here for the last expansion, if you are playing in any game mode where you have the capability to do this, make sure you go ahead and back up your character, all the maps you're playing on and most importantly, your game .ini files! I don't know why this is but new expansions have a tendency to wipe your single player settings and it's really, really annoying.

also as a bit of a heads up for console folks, don't log in until checking back here to see if the game is good to go or completely bugged to death. The only save we got is the one we last seen. If there is a deal that kills that one save, you gotta wait for the patch. 

Both valid points as well. Honestly with new expansions I usually wait a couple days before playing while they iron out whatever broke when it went live. I'm not a content creator or a PVP player, I'm not missing anything by not playing the literal second it's ready and I don't get super stressed out or upset by the influx of hotfixes and patching to get it all working.

Archived