Anyone else actually enjoy primitive+?

ProfessorFate

I've been playing ark for a long time now and enjoyed almost every single bit of it as it is definitely the best survival game I have tried. One thing I don't like, and this will make so many people cringe as it is understandable, is the grinding side of ark. I don't enjoy creating tek farms or breeding farms or any of that because even if you do need to create those things later on to properly get the materials needed it is not a survival experience in my opinion it's just a thing you can put a lot of time into with rewards yes but I don't have that sort of time

This is why (even if it is quite horribly buggy) I enjoy Primitive+

The fact that it's basically all early to mid game is a satisfying experience to me as you always have to face challenges, there's no impregnable fort to build or minerals to farm for hours, it's more of a survival game in all time periods as late game ark is mainly about multiplying your inventory of items, dinos etc. and the biggest threat is other players who've already done that.  So, onto my title, anyone here have similar feelings about Primitive+ (besides the bugs) being a reasonably decent variant of the game?

Can't get Prim to run.  I play official beginner servers instead. 

Unofficial forces you to pick and choose what mods you like and loose everything when you cannot get back in a server because modder did not update.  Usually it the entire mod map they abandon.

On Official there isn't enough English speaking players to talk to! 

There is something off about the Tek Tier.  It looks lovely and it is not exactly a dev mess up.  More a player fart.  I have never met a player yet that has done the boss fights and accomplished Tek that does not act royally stuck up.  Nose up in the air arrogant to a fault every last one of them.  Literally refuse to talk to you until you have also done Tek.  Talk to each other in chat no matter what you say or how you word anything either ignore you or treat you like you are stupid.  You do not exist to them.  

I have run into this mentality in other mmorpgs.  They are called the End Game Crowd.  I do not want anything to do with them.  But there are so few English speaking players I cannot avoid be molested by these twerps.  Because of they way they've pressured me to be like them I swear I never will try a boss fight.  Wont.  Touch.  It.

I am very accomplished at anything not Tek.  I have a lot to talk about.  But every player I meet on the regular server skips the Beach Bob stage and gets carried through Boss fights to the Tek Tier covers their lack of understanding of the original game content with snobbery.

That is probably why the Beginner Servers are now bursting with players.  No one wants treated like that.

18 minutes ago, SarahMonette said:

Can't get Prim to run.  I play official beginner servers instead. 

Unofficial forces you to pick and choose what mods you like and loose everything when you cannot get back in a server because modder did not update.  Usually it the entire mod map they abandon.

On Official there isn't enough English speaking players to talk to! 

There is something off about the Tek Tier.  It looks lovely and it is not exactly a dev mess up.  More a player fart.  I have never met a player yet that has done the boss fights and accomplished Tek that does not act royally stuck up.  Nose up in the air arrogant to a fault every last one of them.  Literally refuse to talk to you until you have also done Tek.  Talk to each other in chat no matter what you say or how you word anything either ignore you or treat you like you are stupid.  You do not exist to them.  

I have run into this mentality in other mmorpgs.  They are called the End Game Crowd.  I do not want anything to do with them.  But there are so few English speaking players I cannot avoid be molested by these twerps.  Because of they way they've pressured me to be like them I swear I never will try a boss fight.  Wont.  Touch.  It.

I am very accomplished at anything not Tek.  I have a lot to talk about.  But every player I meet on the regular server skips the Beach Bob stage and gets carried through Boss fights to the Tek Tier covers their lack of understanding of the original game content with snobbery.

That is probably why the Beginner Servers are now bursting with players.  No one wants treated like that.

yeah no offence to some of the ark community but this game can be filled with unfriendly imbeciles who just rant and rave and then shoot anyone they see. I prefer hosting private servers but I can barely find anyone who's as committed as me to play it at the times I suggest which is annoying. Ark gamers who can confine to not grinding and actually playing a survival game without having to spend 23 hours a day on it to secure their base are hard to find these days

11 hours ago, maxplanck58 said:

Prim+ sounds like the exact experience I would like with Ark, but it takes 15-20 minutes to load for me: so I have to play with Halo mixed into my prehistoric adventure...

yeah the load time on pc's are ridiculous. I'm currently on xbox and it doesn't take too long but still you guys have it tough

On 6/2/2021 at 1:03 PM, maxplanck58 said:

it takes 15-20 minutes to load for me

Try installing it on an ssd, it cut the loading times to me by more than half.
Also, prim+ is the only game mode I enjoy on ark currently, it resembles the good old days with no crap added.

The way the first ark game trailer made us feel.

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Gandalfchrist said:

Even then, if they show the same lack of interest on fixing things they can go ahead without me 🤔

fair enough. I'm actually kind of excited for an npc tribe because it means I can play against a tribe without worrying about their levels 1000 managarmrs and their 5 billion gigas

• 1 month later...

Archived