boss fight = 10 times harder???

wizard03

So I just went for the alpha spider run again {stupid wipe} however this time around, I nearly lost everything.....Just on the spider???

So here is the run down, theri army. 40k health, 1000% melee, yuty and deadon kicker. Interesting part of the deadon is that I actually did everything in my power to max out his food stat.....80k food on the deadon! I also added 250 kibbles to the deadon to fast feed in battle as well as 5 veggie cakes to the theri's.....its a dang good thing I did!

The fight took a long time, I ran the deadon dry of food and kibble, the yuty was running short on breath, and before it was over, I lost 7 theri's. 

When we got back, the evidence of how tough the battle was became even more apparent. All of the theri's, every single last one of them was at 100 health OR LESS!!!! They was all one shot away from loosing the fight! 
I got everyone back to the base and I decided to check my settings....1.0 difficulty on the main page, max difficulty checked, single player settings checked.....these are all the same settings I had before the wipe, there is nothing different here. Why did the best theri's Iv ever use get creamed over just the broodmother?!?!?

12 hours ago, ToXiN said:

Did you remember to put saddles on the theris? Maybe the wipe messed up that part and removed/rolled back the saddles on them, so they took much more damage than before.

yeah, it was the same as the first time I tried before the wipe, all had primative saddles before and after.....the reason why I hit the alpha spider was for more element to build the tek fab so I can build theri saddles.....One theri saddle from my blue print = 40k hide, 20k fiber, 7.5k metal, and 16k wood. x.x There is nothing but the fab that is capable to hold all those resources and even then its only enough to make just one saddle at a time. x.x Ontop of that, I still need to harvest 700k more hide. XO

11 hours ago, GrumpyBear said:

I would say the fight is harder than it used to be.  I can't say when a change was made as I haven't been on there in a really long time.  Recently I took in megatheriums that were way more powerful than my old team, which used to run it perfectly, and my new team took some serious losses.

I absolutely can say that without a doubt, it happened after the wipe. Literally just days before the wipe, I ran all of the island bosses. Spider, monkey, dragon....I had some issues with the dragon, but the dragon is supposed to be trouble. That was on just generic bred theri line, no mutations, no awesome saddles, just there are some theri's, lets breed them, got a pig and a yuty too, and boom off we go.
This time around I was a heck of a lot more indepth with extra mutations.

11 hours ago, deaduni said:

get good velonasaurs up to 1k+ melee or just rex rush brother its 2021 ❤️

I got an interesting development with the rex's I have been breeding, you familiar with breeding mutations? Need help with something later, but as for now rex's are a no go. As for velonasaurs, we are preparing to go to extinction next, but not ready or interested in transferring around yet.

7 hours ago, Tylanater said:

You can do it on official servers (which are significantly harder than any singleplayer difficulty) with 2-3 Velos with around 3k melee and 2 turtles with 150k hp. Tek stegos even better. All mate boosted. Don't play singleplayer much but should be able to use that combo of dinos with lower stats

I can't play online, but according to your run, theri's have 52 base damage while velos have a base damage of 32 and the theri's have double the health too......17 theri's, 1000% melee, pig, veggie cake. Surely the odds was entirely on the theri's side for an easy win??? Im actually very skeptical that even that combo would have worked, and as I said before, the single player settings should be a lil bit softer than official.

3 hours ago, wizard03 said:

the base melee of the thezy is higher yes but the thezy doesnt fire like a gattling gun shooting hundreds of rounds a minute, the health on velona is irrelevant because turtles or megatheriums tank while the velonas spray, the velona only shoots over base damage if its mounted irrelevant to imprint. velos 1k+ melee and like 2-3 megatheriums or turtles will easily run a spider over if theyre mounted. you can get free high quality mega saddles from the manta ray race on genesis :)❤️ 

9 hours ago, wizard03 said:

yeah, it was the same as the first time I tried before the wipe, all had primative saddles before and after.....the reason why I hit the alpha spider was for more element to build the tek fab so I can build theri saddles.....One theri saddle from my blue print = 40k hide, 20k fiber, 7.5k metal, and 16k wood. x.x There is nothing but the fab that is capable to hold all those resources and even then its only enough to make just one saddle at a time. x.x Ontop of that, I still need to harvest 700k more hide. XO

So you have never done Alpha Broodmother with these Theriz's before?

Trust me, the Alpha is 10-20 times harder than Gamma, and 40K health, is pushing it with primitive saddles!

9 hours ago, wizard03 said:

...the reason why I hit the alpha spider was for more element to build the tek fab so I can build theri saddles.....One theri saddle from my blue print = 40k hide, 20k fiber, 7.5k metal, and 16k wood. x.x There is nothing but the fab that is capable to hold all those resources and even then its only enough to make just one saddle at a time. x.x Ontop of that, I still need to harvest 700k more hide. XO

btw... do you have any high weight argies? I frequently use them for ascendant rex saddle making. YMMV.

I always forget about the mushy! great call pro tip! and if you guys ever wanna do the abberation boss fight, use bug spray, ghillie, and cactus broth to make you hidden then just pop tentacles with a decent pump :) takes a few minutes to get tek gen and trough as a solo, all the artifacts are in the open since crystal isles update. 

6 hours ago, deaduni said:

I always forget about the mushy! great call pro tip! and if you guys ever wanna do the abberation boss fight, use bug spray, ghillie, and cactus broth to make you hidden then just pop tentacles with a decent pump :) takes a few minutes to get tek gen and trough as a solo, all the artifacts are in the open since crystal isles update. 

u can also just use tek suits w/ cactus broth, fly up and hover over rw and just shoot out all the tentacles from above him, just eats element and shotgun shells.  super easy.

20 hours ago, deaduni said:

the base melee of the thezy is higher yes but the thezy doesnt fire like a gattling gun shooting hundreds of rounds a minute, the health on velona is irrelevant because turtles or megatheriums tank while the velonas spray, the velona only shoots over base damage if its mounted irrelevant to imprint. velos 1k+ melee and like 2-3 megatheriums or turtles will easily run a spider over if theyre mounted. you can get free high quality mega saddles from the manta ray race on genesis

I see what your saying now, the DPS and long rang effect is just way overkill....I was curious if that was the dino that shot spikes or not. But I understand now.

14 hours ago, CyberAngel67 said:

So you have never done Alpha Broodmother with these Theriz's before? Trust me, the Alpha is 10-20 times harder than Gamma, and 40K health, is pushing it with primitive saddles!

I have done alpha broodmother before. Like I said earlier, I did it before the xbox wipe. I even did the alpha monkey and the alpha dragon! This time around its like everything was cranked up 10x harder than it was from before the wipe, even though my settings did not change.

14 hours ago, Ganelon said:

btw... do you have any high weight argies? I frequently use them for ascendant rex saddle making. YMMV.

Yeah, I got one with 3k weight, but there are not enough slots to hold the hide, let alone anything else.....40k hide = 200 slots. 20k fiber = 100 sslots. 16k wood = 80 slots. 7.5k metal = 25 slots. Grand total slots needed = 415 slots......maximum slots on an argentavis = 300 😧

14 hours ago, Lycan187u said:

cheese it on the mushroom 😆 shotgun solo only  roo/procoptodon its 2021 :D 

While I suspect there are multiple ways of cheeseing the bosses, sadly Im a non believer in cheesing things. One mis step, not enough ammo, any sort of screw up, and Im S.O.L. Ontop of that, this would have let me down with the dragon. While screwing up the broodmother is one thing, it helps prepare me for the dragon later on. Besides, while it was a close one and I learned the hard way that things have been cranked up, I am at least more knowledgeable of what to expect......Im just rather shocked that its changed that much and practically overnight. 

14 hours ago, deaduni said:

all the artifacts are in the open since crystal isles update. 

I still cannot get the skylord artifact to pop up. I don't think I have EVER seen that thing in the wild. -.-

Archived