some boss tributes are stupidly rare why????

hirogun

some boss tributes especially on the base maps such as island , center or scorched are stupidly rare yet the same ones are in abundance on the likes of extinction where they arnt needed please make them transferable ??? or increase the spawns for them have spent like 4 hours searching for spino sails to only find 1 ...why are they so rare???

3 hours ago, hirogun said:

some boss tributes especially on the base maps such as island , center or scorched are stupidly rare yet the same ones are in abundance on the likes of extinction where they arnt needed please make them transferable ??? or increase the spawns for them have spent like 4 hours searching for spino sails to only find 1 ...why are they so rare???

No offense, but your doing it wrong if it took you 4 hours to get 1 sail. On the island if you go to the river by 60,65  down to around 73,68, thats the best spot to farm spinos from my experience. I would normally fly through that river with a lightning wyvern using the breath attack to kill fish and barys back and forth to get the spinos to spawn. After doing that for like 30-60 minutes and I would usually have enough sails for an alpha boss fight. Do it enough and you will start to get a feel for the specific spawn locations for the spinos, there are like 5-6 I can think of off the top of my head. If you dont have a lightning wyvern I would use a spino or rex but you just have to keep killing fish and barys whenever you see them as they share spawns. GL

4 hours for a sail?you check all spino spawns?i play in official server and get 4-5 sails in that time,with luck in events 6-7@,now have 148.

In scorched just need talons,not rare,build a trap,get a ptera,take a egg,fly really fast to the trap,put a rex/giga o use a xbow.

In extinction need some tributes to summon titans,just no need thyla claw or rockdrake feather.

GG

11 hours ago, hirogun said:

When you kill an animal that drops a tribute, are you checking any bags they leave on the ground?

This may or may not apply to you, but here is a very common mistake that people make. If your mount is at more than 50% weight capacity then they will not harvest any items. They will harvest the resources from the target (meat, hide, etc.) but things like arrows, weapons, armor, tribute items will all get left on the ground in a bag.

There are two solutions to this:

1) make sure that your mount is always below 50% weight carrying

2) Always check the loot bags after killing things

Having said that, if you're already doing both of those suggestions then you probably need to kill more stuff around the areas where spino's spawn. If you only kill the spinos and then leave the area you will not get many spino's to kill. But if you just keep killing everything about that spawn point then you'll get spinos much more often.

I had the same issue once. The map seem totally dead for spinos and baryonyx. There are just too many locations and fish for a single player to manage, so  dino wipe is probably the best option. Unfortunately, if you have made progress trying to farm up nice rexes, theris, allos and megs, that progress is destroyed by the dino wipe along with everything else. Good luck.

I am currently working the island again in hopes of one day seeing the overseer. I noticed lots of low level spinos, so I have been harvesting them today so I get a leg up before the map goes stale.

Archived