Lack of hype for new DLC

ToXiN

43 minutes ago, xBuzz said:

It's because this company never puts out content without numerous delays, which sours the communities hype. People can't stay hyped for 6 months of delays, and tbh it still could be delayed again, that's why so few are getting excited, as they have been let down so much.

This.

I'm hyped x1000, been waiting for this for months. The actual content of the DLC looks amazing, but as you pointed out the delays just put a bad taste in your mouth. Especially seeing the state that Gen 1 and Ext launched in, even after delays.

The 2nd delay was annoying, but the third one downright pissed me off. Yeah it was only a week but we've already waited through 5 months of delays.

Well it's only 2 more days now.

Can't deny this myself.  Delay after delay after delay, remaining absolutely 100% consistent with DLCs of Ark Past.  I mean look at this.. it's literally June 1st, the Expansion is tomorrow, no hype here, I would have at least expected a gameplay trailer (although some have said that it'll show up an hour before launch), yet I haven't seen a single solitary word on what time to expect this launch to kick off.  I know there's a large group of us that play from our local area and we were all trying to make plans for the launch time, but those plans got dashed by yet another failure on the studio's part to get information to us a little further out than the day before.  I'm really just sickened by it to be honest, but hey, why expect anything more from em right?  Am I irritated, sure, am I surprised tho? Nope.   Don't get me wrong, I respect the team and love the game, but I'm really just tired of all the unfortunate misgivings of trying to follow and remain enthusiastic.

• Volunteer Moderator
9 minutes ago, Rio4201 said:

I know there's a large group of us that play from our local area and we were all trying to make plans for the launch time, but those plans got dashed by yet another failure on the studio's part to get information to us a little further out than the day before.

Are you honestly saying if they gave you a time it would make the slightest bit of difference in your mind, considering you started this paragraph with Delay after delay after delay.

It's funny, because we all know what it's like, and we all know if they give a time it probably won't be the time it actually drops, but people still want a time regardless. Then when the time comes and it doesn't drop people complain that they wasted their time planning for it.

As for times, Ced mentioned yesterday he'll get it out to us as soon as he can confirm.

As for a gameplay trailer, I believe it will be a launch trailer that will be revealed as the DLC drops. I know some people think what is the point in such a trailer, but I believe the main reason they don't put out gameplay trailers early is to hold back on surprises as there's a lot in the community that don't want to know everything before they play it.

2 minutes ago, GP said:

Are you honestly saying if they gave you a time it would make the slightest bit of difference in your mind, considering you started this paragraph with Delay after delay after delay.

It's funny, because we all know what it's like, and we all know if they give a time it probably won't be the time it actually drops, but people still want a time regardless. Then when the time comes and it doesn't drop people complain that they wasted their time planning for it.

As for times, Ced mentioned yesterday he'll get it out to us as soon as he can confirm.

As for a gameplay trailer, I believe it will be a launch trailer that will be revealed as the DLC drops. I know some people think what is the point in such a trailer, but I believe the main reason they don't put out gameplay trailers early is to hold back on surprises as there's a lot in the community that don't want to know everything before they play it.

That's a valid point and yeah, we said the same thing, even if they had said it's going to be at 10am on June 2nd, I don't think anyone in our group would believe it lol.  To be truthful, I wanted a glimpse at the biomes mostly just to use as a spring board for where I'm heading the minute this thing lands in our laps, not that the video is gonna really be all that intuitive. LOL.  I'm one of those people who like to have a game plan, I have a check list ready, know exactly what I'm looking for, what my first actions are when the feet hit the ground, etc.  Clearly, I'm a bit OCD in those regards, so when we get zilch, zippity doo da zero, I get a little bit mental lol.

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, Rio4201 said:

That's a valid point and yeah, we said the same thing, even if they had said it's going to be at 10am on June 2nd, I don't think anyone in our group would believe it lol.  To be truthful, I wanted a glimpse at the biomes mostly just to use as a spring board for where I'm heading the minute this thing lands in our laps, not that the video is gonna really be all that intuitive. LOL.  I'm one of those people who like to have a game plan, I have a check list ready, know exactly what I'm looking for, what my first actions are when the feet hit the ground, etc.  Clearly, I'm a bit OCD in those regards, so when we get zilch, zippity doo da zero, I get a little bit mental lol.

My advice, and this is based on Aberration mainly but also Gen 1, don't spawn at the "easiest spawn point" that the game tells you. You'll probably get a Shadowmane to the face! 😆

7 minutes ago, GP said:

My advice, and this is based on Aberration mainly but also Gen 1, don't spawn at the "easiest spawn point" that the game tells you. You'll probably get a Shadowmane to the face! 😆

Hehehe, see I might just do that because I want one in my face, but then again who knows.  Typically the way i've always approached the maps is to go with the hardest areas first, but we're playing on a cluster instead of on official so we'll see.  Normally on official going with the hardest places results in being able to get a build up before the land is overcrowded.  On private tho, it's a pretty laid back group so I'll play it by ear. :)

Ouch, sorry to hear that. Personally, I didn't like Genesis 1 that much, having separated biomes kind of threw me off, but I will say that arctic was the way to go. Swamp may sound and appear to be easy (according to the spawn map) but it isn't. Those insect swarms are annoying at best.  I got a nice spot near a gully that was packed with procos and a few other things that helped immensely.  Definitely take the time to tame a few procos, we used them almsot exclusively for traveling around the maps and to the mission terminals and glitches. 

13 hours ago, xBuzz said:

It's because this company never puts out content without numerous delays, which sours the communities hype. People can't stay hyped for 6 months of delays, and tbh it still could be delayed again, that's why so few are getting excited, as they have been let down so much.

You forgot and when it does get released its full of major bugs.

6 hours ago, Armitige said:

lol, the people complaining about no definitive release info about when the DLC will drop are usually the same ones flipping tables and crying like entitled babbies when WC pushes back releases. WC can't win, so they don't bother trying to appease all the neckbeard man-babies.

Or they could just do what normal game studios do and inform their paying customers of when to expect the DLC they've been waiting 6 months extra for.

But the truth is they probably dont even know yet, the day before release.

Raasclark reported that a guy working on the trailer posted on twitter this morning June 1st that he had recorded 321 videos for the trailer and was still going.... the morning before release. They cant even get a trailer up before the DLC launches.

WC is like me doing a science project back in the high school days. Leave it til the last minute and half azz it because oh well who cares a C- is still a passing grade.

Archived